Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
syston_fox

Playstation Home

It just seems a bit pointless to me. I like all the features and all that of the new 360 dash, but at the end of the day, i use it to play games on. Thats all.

Can you have parties where say a group of 6 of you can join a party and all chat together even in games? Because thats the only thin i really thougt necessary with the 360 update.

i juts made a clubhouse called leicester city 4 life, i think we can design the room layout, not to sure yet though, only made the name etc,

i got my email on dec 1st, i hadnt checked my inbox for a while lol

I lured you both into a false sense of security and then put down 4 strikes in a row and beat you two easily! EASY, EASY, EASY, EASY, EASY!!! lol

you got battered by that other bloke lol

its you lol

i got the name wrong you look like moss lol

moss_d.jpg

The response I got from my e-mail to Playstation;

Hi,

Thank you for writing us.

This email will address the following concerns with the Playstation Home Beta

1) How to become a beta tester or how to receive an invite for the Home Beta.

We appreciate your interest in our beta program(s). This department does not make decisions on who is invited, how the selection process is determined, or what beta programs are upcoming. This information is held outside of this department and all final decisions are made by the beta administrative group.

In the meantime, updating* your "My Account" profile at PlayStation.com will automatically update your personal profile for any upcoming beta testing opportunities. We recommend updating areas such as: Account Profile, Contact Preferences, Gaming Preferences, and Online Gaming Preferences. Keeping these areas updated with the most up-to-date information will ensure that your PlayStation® Underground profile is current and accurate.

*Updating your account does not guarantee your selection to any beta program.

2) If you have receive an invite and need to recover your beta code/ having issues using code due to age restrictions.

In an effort to provide with a resolution to this issue, please respond with the following information:

- Full Name

- Your PSN sign in ID

- Your email address

- The Voucher code you attempted, if any.

3) If you are a member of Qore and have not yet received your Beta code.

Your frustration is understood. However, this department has no control over Betas or the process of emailing codes to consumers. However, we have been told that codes are being sent in batches and that there are several more batches to come. Additionally, the first set of codes was sent on November 1st. Consumers can expect a wait of up to 2 weeks to receive a code.To qualify for the home beta via Qore you must have purchased either the Qore Annual Subscription or Qore episode 6 before October 29, 2008.

In addition, Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc. (SCEA) is not responsible for the following technical factors which are outside of SCEA's control. These technical factors may affect your ability to access or participate in any of our online promotions:

- technical, hardware or software failures

- unavailable network connections

- failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions

- misspelled email addresses

- lost or deleted email transmissions due to your SPAM and junk mail settings in your email application

On Thursday, 8/7/08, a new PlayStation® Home theme was made available for download at the PLAYSTATION®Store. Please note that this is a free download. By downloading this theme you "may" be included in the Expanded Home Beta. However, we cannot guarantee that you will be included as participants will be randomly chosen.

Regards,

Vincent W

In the first paragraph under "1) How to become a beta tester or how to receive an invite for the Home Beta." it does seem to suggest certain people were invited, so people who think they deleted an e-mail not realizing what it was may not have actually received any e-mail with this Beta code.

I'm still going to reply with Full Name, PSN sign in ID, and e-mail address, as said in "2) If you have receive an invite and need to recover your beta code/ having issues using code due to age restrictions." and see what response I get from that and if they can help me out :giggle:

The response I got from my e-mail to Playstation;

In the first paragraph under "1) How to become a beta tester or how to receive an invite for the Home Beta." it does seem to suggest certain people were invited, so people who think they deleted an e-mail not realizing what it was may not have actually received any e-mail with this Beta code.

I'm still going to reply with Full Name, PSN sign in ID, and e-mail address, as said in "2) If you have receive an invite and need to recover your beta code/ having issues using code due to age restrictions." and see what response I get from that and if they can help me out :giggle:

its still better to check the playstation emails just in case

I have none in my deleted folder for my e-mails (They date back to the 3rd December) and I have no e-mails from Playstation in any of my other folders.
Give that man a kipper!!

I hate it when people do it to me but if they're doing the same then fight fire with fire. Same with that running down the wing, cutting inside and passing it across the box when the keeper comes out - hate it when thats the only way people can score so if they start doing it to me, I'll do it right back at them. :thumbup:

i meant the emails you get from them from now on lol

Just seen this on the menu when i turned my ps3 on, so it must be an open beta now then.

Servers must down at the minute though because i cant sign in.

Would seem the same for me, I was on the assumption that everyones just trying to access it at same tie so ifs causing a bit of lag. Ill wait for the hype to die down a little and then try it.

Just seen this on the menu when i turned my ps3 on, so it must be an open beta now then.

Servers must down at the minute though because i cant sign in.

Just downloading it now.

Best be as good as people are making out.

TBH until this thread I hadn't got a clue about Home or even knew it existed/was going to exist.

I told a few people I know with PS3's they didn't seem to bothered about it, I'm going to download it if it's any good, i'll urge them to do the same. Will you have to have it when it is fully released?

Just downloading it now.

Best be as good as people are making out.

TBH until this thread I hadn't got a clue about Home or even knew it existed/was going to exist.

I told a few people I know with PS3's they didn't seem to bothered about it, I'm going to download it if it's any good, i'll urge them to do the same. Will you have to have it when it is fully released?

I got on this for a bit before work this morning, the idea is good, the thing that started to annoy me was the fact that When I went to a new area it needed to install that part of it. It looks like a new hard drive is needed and a bloody big one at that.

I got on this for a bit before work this morning, the idea is good, the thing that started to annoy me was the fact that When I went to a new area it needed to install that part of it. It looks like a new hard drive is needed and a bloody big one at that.

I've just finished downloading it, but can't actually get on it now, Keeps saying - Network Error - The Connection with Server has been lost.

I really do like the PS3 don't get me wrong, but they really do need to get the online part sorted, It really does let the PS3 down. I don't think online gaming has ever run "smoothly" on any game for me. (Maybe it is something to do with my connection? :dunno: but 4 or 5 other people with PS3's I know have the same problems).

I know Xbox is by Microsoft so they have "inside information" if you like with online, e.t.c, but 4 people I know with Xbox's seem to have no problems at all with Online functions.

PS3 + Online game - One of not many really bad positives.

I've just finished downloading it, but can't actually get on it now, Keeps saying - Network Error - The Connection with Server has been lost.

I really do like the PS3 don't get me wrong, but they really do need to get the online part sorted, It really does let the PS3 down. I don't think online gaming has ever run "smoothly" on any game for me. (Maybe it is something to do with my connection? :dunno: but 4 or 5 other people with PS3's I know have the same problems).

I know Xbox is by Microsoft so they have "inside information" if you like with online, e.t.c, but 4 people I know with Xbox's seem to have no problems at all with Online functions.

PS3 + Online game - One of not many really bad positives.

I've never experienced any problems with on-line gaming, although it took me a good while to get connected to the Playstation Home this morning, I just basically kept pressing the X button until eventually it connected.

Archived