Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Flynny

Brizzle Away

If you can get to Abbey Wood then it's not that far!. Just head west along Filton avenue for about 1-2 miles. If your going from Parkway then it's about 3 miles and you would need a taxi. Be careful walking past the FELLOWSHIP pub which is on the right. It is the roughest pub in North Bristol and got hundreds of kids looking for it!. Half are GAS-ATTACK the rest are thugs from the local area. If your in a small group then you will be alright. These are looking for real opposite thugs in large gangs. They won't start if you don't look for it!!. So yes abbey wood is close!!.

HAHA! cheers for the info, well me n a couple of mates want to watch the villa chelsea game before the big one, so which pub would you recommend? Found 3 that are on our route, Inn On The Green, Gloucester Arms and The Wellington. Got the info from Google Maps, not sure how accurate it was! Cheers

HAHA! cheers for the info, well me n a couple of mates want to watch the villa chelsea game before the big one, so which pub would you recommend? Found 3 that are on our route, Inn On The Green, Gloucester Arms and The Wellington. Got the info from Google Maps, not sure how accurate it was! Cheers

Go for the Inn on the green!!. It's the first coming in from the NORTH and is quite posh and family-orientated. The Welly is just a good football pub-no trouble. Don't go in the Gloucester arms as that is were the main boys are on Gloucester road. So avoid the Fellowship at all cost and the Gloucester arms. Well y'know when you see about 300+ kids out side looking for it!!. Every other pub is safe and friendly to go into. Like any big major city , you got to respect certain areas. I would be very,very careful in parts of Leicester!!. Like your mobs, Bristol have thugs!!.

Unfortunately the Megatrain doesn't get to Bristol until 1505. Plan scuppered. Plus I have to get to Waterloo to catch it. I live about 30 seconds from Paddington and I'm a lazy motherfucker

Aint there usually an earlier one that gets in about 12.30?! Spose 10 hours in briz is pretty long if you dont know anyone there. Yo

You could go to my mum's house for bangers and mash.

I might drink at the spoons near the Uni and head up closer to the time if it's as bad as seems to be getting made out. Christ. It can't really be that bad, surely? I always imagine lower-league clubs being Dave-esque (the home of witty banter?) and much less liable to have what I'd loosely term 'twats'.

Any updates on how many tickets are still sitting around at the ticket office?

I know lots of people are forsaking this for the Dons game but still, we should surely be able to shift 2000 tickets for a Saturday afternoon game?

I don't want to end up on a half-empty terrace!

I might drink at the spoons near the Uni and head up closer to the time if it's as bad as seems to be getting made out. Christ. It can't really be that bad, surely? I always imagine lower-league clubs being Dave-esque (the home of witty banter?) and much less liable to have what I'd loosely term 'twats'.

It's a big city Tom. It doesn't matter what league they are in, it will have it's twats. Leeds?

Spoons at 10am.

Scream pub at 12pm.

Game at 2.30pm.

Scream pub at 5.30pm.

Oh yes, pm.

It's really really not that bad. Out of the twenty or so pubs on gloucester road, ashley down road and just north of the ground, there's probably about 2 that it's wise not to go in. I've never seen any trouble in the pubs on match days apart from the John Cabot (which is now closed down.) I went to Rovers - Leeds with some Leeds lads who made it obvious they were Leeds in all of the 5 or 6 pubs we went to and no one said a word to them.

You would be surprised; I was surprised by the number of 'twats' from both sides at the Walkers.

You would be surprised; I was surprised by the number of 'twats' from both sides at the Walkers.

But we're different (massive). :D

It's a big city Tom. It doesn't matter what league they are in, it will have it's twats. Leeds?

Spoons at 10am.

Scream pub at 12pm.

Game at 2.30pm.

Scream pub at 5.30pm.

Oh yes, pm.

Plan.

It's really really not that bad. Out of the twenty or so pubs on gloucester road, ashley down road and just north of the ground, there's probably about 2 that it's wise not to go in. I've never seen any trouble in the pubs on match days apart from the John Cabot (which is now closed down.) I went to Rovers - Leeds with some Leeds lads who made it obvious they were Leeds in all of the 5 or 6 pubs we went to and no one said a word to them.

Shrenchel- That was before the game. Did you hear what happened on Gloucester road after the game?. I was walking out the ground at 10p.m (night game), with my son. Then 40 LEEDS nutters were being really aggressive and shouting at everyone. I was really scared. They walked down Gloucester road and suddenly they were surrounded by hundreds of GAS-ATTACK and was hit to the floor. After the attack I could still see 3 0r 4 LEEDS on the floor not moving. I hate violence but when you say " 5 0r 6 went to a pub and no-one said a word". What your doing is playing into the hands of these thugs.

You got to get the balance right mate!!. Bristol is a big,big city. Like I said 99% are okay. But there are some nasty people about. The problem is people think BRISTOL is a calm, quiet, mellow place. But it's up to you mate. I wouldn't walk in a LEICESTER pub with 300 kids.

So my advice is treat BRISTOL like a big city. Be careful and respectful and understand it's the 8th largest with a population of 750,000 people. I think that says everything!!.

Shrenchel- That was before the game. Did you hear what happened on Gloucester road after the game?. I was walking out the ground at 10p.m (night game), with my son. Then 40 LEEDS nutters were being really aggressive and shouting at everyone. I was really scared. They walked down Gloucester road and suddenly they were surrounded by hundreds of GAS-ATTACK and was hit to the floor. After the attack I could still see 3 0r 4 LEEDS on the floor not moving. I hate violence but when you say " 5 0r 6 went to a pub and no-one said a word". What your doing is playing into the hands of these thugs.

You got to get the balance right mate!!. Bristol is a big,big city. Like I said 99% are okay. But there are some nasty people about. The problem is people think BRISTOL is a calm, quiet, mellow place. But it's up to you mate. I wouldn't walk in a LEICESTER pub with 300 kids.

So my advice is treat BRISTOL like a big city. Be careful and respectful and understand it's the 8th largest with a population of 750,000 people. I think that says everything!!.

Gas attack?! lol

I went ticket office 2day and they said there was 300 terrace tickets left!!

Does that mean that they will move the like barrier between us and home fans close so we is all sqeezed in or like give us all the 800 spaces so we have room >?????

Archived