Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Graham Kavanagh

So far?

Kingy, halfway through his first full season, has already passed Lennon's six goals in his entire four-year, 170-game City career and I don't see us leaking goals at the same time either.

As for Kavanagh he's got four goals and one assist for Carlisle this season compared to Kingy's nine goals and three assists.

And have we suffered defensively with the quietly efficient and much-understated King? Not a bit. Carlisle have conceded 36 goals with defensive hardcase Kavanagh while City have conceded 19, nearly half as many.

I think King's becoming more appreciated now but at the beginning of the season when the subject came up it is quite frightening to that, given the choice, some folk wouldn't have given Kingy a look-in had they had the option of Kavanagh.

H'mm we were in the prem when Lennon was at his best

This ain't the prem

To be fair, King and Lennon are completely different players anyway. King will always score goals even if he's deployed as a defensive midfielder as he has a good long range shooting ability and his height also means he's good for a few goals from corners and free kicks.

I think King should be credited for the role he has comfortably adapted to, because throughout his days in the Academy and Reserve team he has been an attacking midfielder and at first team level he has grown in to the 'Michael Carrick' role.

So far?

Kingy, halfway through his first full season, has already passed Lennon's six goals in his entire four-year, 170-game City career and I don't see us leaking goals at the same time either.

As for Kavanagh he's got four goals and one assist for Carlisle this season compared to Kingy's nine goals and three assists.

And have we suffered defensively with the quietly efficient and much-understated King? Not a bit. Carlisle have conceded 36 goals with defensive hardcase Kavanagh while City have conceded 19, nearly half as many.

I think King's becoming more appreciated now but at the beginning of the season when the subject came up it is quite frightening to that, given the choice, some folk wouldn't have given Kingy a look-in had they had the option of Kavanagh.

You forgot to mention the divisional difference. King's played the likes of Orient, Hereford and Carlisle....Lennon Liverpool, Athletico Madrid, Manchester United......

You forgot to mention the divisional difference. King's played the likes of Orient, Hereford and Carlisle....Lennon Liverpool, Athletico Madrid, Manchester United......

yes he did, but the half a dozen people who posted to point that out before you have mentioned it.

Archived