Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ACF

Foxes & Tigers Jont Statement

First off guys this is going to happen so we all might as well stop moaning about it and get on with life. Secondly, I'm very proud of my Leicester roots and wish all of its sporting teams sucess - if we can do anything to help out Tigers and their fans then I say that we should do it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pissed off that instead of going to a game on a Saturday I will either have to go on a Friday night or watch us play on an awful pitch on the Sunday (for this reason I would prefer the Friday option). What I would like the club to do as a good will gesture to the fans for their inconvenience is offer free tickets for the Tigers game for anybody purchasing tickets (including season ticket holders) for the City game. This should see a packed house for both games, encourage cross sport relationships and hopefully result in more fans for both clubs.

First off guys this is going to happen so we all might as well stop moaning about it and get on with life. Secondly, I'm very proud of my Leicester roots and wish all of its sporting teams sucess - if we can do anything to help out Tigers and their fans then I say that we should do it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pissed off that instead of going to a game on a Saturday I will either have to go on a Friday night or watch us play on an awful pitch on the Sunday (for this reason I would prefer the Friday option). What I would like the club to do as a good will gesture to the fans for their inconvenience is offer free tickets for the Tigers game for anybody purchasing tickets (including season ticket holders) for the City game. This should see a packed house for both games, encourage cross sport relationships and hopefully result in more fans for both clubs.

Nice for folks who like both codes.

I'd prefer a tenner for every game they change after they've published fixtures and people have made plans.

They're the ones who have made it harder to just turn up on the day, and now they seem to be changing too many games.

Is it me, or does anyone else think that the Tigers get the rub of the green in this city ?

We were denied planning permission for the new ground over the river (would we have been relegated in that ground?).

The Tigers new development - rubber stamped.

County Hall's access road is renamed 'Championship Way' after the Tigers success.

'Waterloo Way' becomes 'Tigers Way'.

We have to move games for the (still) smaller supported Tigers. (OK, not this one - its City's decision).

If I was a S****horpe fan, I'd be pissed off.

I'd prefer a tenner for every game they change after they've published fixtures and people have made plans.

They're the ones who have made it harder to just turn up on the day, and now they seem to be changing too many games.

Is it me, or does anyone else think that the Tigers get the rub of the green in this city ?

We were denied planning permission for the new ground over the river (would we have been relegated in that ground?).

County Hall's access road is renamed 'Championship Way' after the Tigers success.

We have to move games for the (still) smaller supported Tigers. (OK, not this one - its City's decision).

I seem to remember that one was named after the County won the Cricket Championship with Ray Illingworth but I agree there's not too much recognition for the City but then we've never won the ultimate prizes of the FA Cup and the Top League. They did create Filbert Way when the new ground was built but it's a bit hard to spot :P

No we weren't - it was approved by the Council on the day of the League Cup semi-final with Sunderland.

The move fell through because the club changed its mind when the government said it would have to go to a public inquiry.

And what about the Lineker Road?

Not as often as they move games for us. Look how often they play on Sundays or Friday nights, and not always because Uncle Rupert tells them to.

Why? It's not as if games at their place never get moved - like the one last season where you couldn't get back by train.

Tigers contact told me today that either the Tigers or us would have had to change days anyway as the Police would not let both games take place on the Saturday.

Since the Rugby league insist that the last league game of the season must take place on the Saturday at 3pm then Tigers had no alternative.

He also stated that in all probability our match will take place on the Sunday due to police advice.

So expect a crap pitch.

Tigers contact told me today that either the Tigers or us would have had to change days anyway as the Police would not let both games take place on the Saturday.

Since the Rugby league insist that the last league game of the season must take place on the Saturday at 3pm then Tigers had no alternative.

He also stated that in all probability our match will take place on the Sunday due to police advice.

So expect a crap pitch.

Let's hope we have wrapped up promotion by that point then

Let's hope we have wrapped up promotion by that point then

Hopefully, then we may as well let the police turn out for us as they seem to have everything else stitched up.

No we weren't - it was approved by the Council on the day of the League Cup semi-final with Sunderland.

The move fell through because the club changed its mind when the government said it would have to go to a public inquiry.

Was it ? Ok, I couldn't remember much after that game. I do remember many council people objecting at the time (including Ms Bodell-Stagg) and then there being a problem due to it having some retail element and it wasn't in the city centre.

And what about the Lineker Road?

I had to look up where that was - its some little road where the ground used to be.

Not as often as they move games for us. Look how often they play on Sundays or Friday nights, and not always because Uncle Rupert tells them to.

They're the smaller crowd so it makes sense that IF anyone has to move it should be them. However if I was a Tigers fan and the game got moved after the fixtures has come out, I'd be pissed off too. Why can't they all sit down and agree them up front and then stick to them ?

Why? It's not as if games at their place never get moved - like the one last season where you couldn't get back by train.

Yes that was damn annoying - wasn't it for bloody Sky Tv though ?

Archived