Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alf Bentley

I was proud

I was sat in the pub this evening (can you tell?!) and was proud to be a Leicester City fan.

It may only be the beginning and it may all still go horribly wrong but it's looking pretty good for the moment. I don't mean the league position, I mean the quality of the football (at times) and its potential....remember 7 out of 11 of the starting team were 20 or under, I think, likewise the subs. If 3/4 of that team can stay together for 1-2 years, I'll be a happy man...

I'll be honest, I'm not Leicester born and bred. I moved here about 5 years ago, as a former (and forever) fan of Folkestone Town (RIP), wanting a new club. I turned up to the Theatre of Crisps 2 or 3 times a season and it was always the same story: 1-1, loads of hoofing, loads of hacking, no joy, no beauty, no football, nothing worth £20+ frankly...so I didn't stick around on a regular basis.

In May/June, a strange combination of (strictly temporary) wealth and relegation produced a bit of commitment involving a season ticket....and I'm glad. I've timed it right, haven't I, for now?? The good times are bound to last at least another 12 months aren't they? This team already looks good enough for mid-table in the Championship. This manager looks better than that, which might be a worry....

I was sat in the pub this evening (can you tell?!) and was proud to be a Leicester City fan.

It may only be the beginning and it may all still go horribly wrong but it's looking pretty good for the moment. I don't mean the league position, I mean the quality of the football (at times) and its potential....remember 7 out of 11 of the starting team were 20 or under, I think, likewise the subs. If 3/4 of that team can stay together for 1-2 years, I'll be a happy man...

I'll be honest, I'm not Leicester born and bred. I moved here about 5 years ago, as a former (and forever) fan of Folkestone Town (RIP), wanting a new club. I turned up to the Theatre of Crisps 2 or 3 times a season and it was always the same story: 1-1, loads of hoofing, loads of hacking, no joy, no beauty, no football, nothing worth £20+ frankly...so I didn't stick around on a regular basis.

In May/June, a strange combination of (strictly temporary) wealth and relegation produced a bit of commitment involving a season ticket....and I'm glad. I've timed it right, haven't I, for now?? The good times are bound to last at least another 12 months aren't they? This team already looks good enough for mid-table in the Championship. This manager looks better than that, which might be a worry....

I agree with feeling proud, actually got a pat on the back tonight as opposed to abuse :thumbup: . I don't want to get carried away, but at the same time am enjoying this for all it's worth. Aren't we th best league team in England atm :D ?

And how nice to for SKY to so complimentary, they loved us :scarf: .

I agree with feeling proud, actually got a pat on the back tonight as opposed to abuse :thumbup: . I don't want to get carried away, but at the same time am enjoying this for all it's worth. Aren't we th best league team in England atm :D ?

And how nice to for SKY to so complimentary, they loved us :scarf: .

Did you manage to watch it in a pub in Bedford? I could never find anywhere showing us whilst i lived there.

This is the nicest football we've played for a long time now. We had the ecstasy of the Martin years of course but since then it's been constant heartbreak/boredom. Things really are looking up. I know we're in League One but you can tell that things are a changing again. Hopefully Nigel stays a good few years cos I think he has got good potential to be a top manager.

Did you manage to watch it in a pub in Bedford? I could never find anywhere showing us whilst i lived there.

Nah mate, watched it with the old man in a bar in MK near his office. He's a regular there after work, so pulled a string or two I believe :thumbup: . They had the scouse game on too though.

:( But I'm starting to get used to life in League One...its like they all let us win! Can we stay here just a bit longer? :ph34r:

This is the nicest football we've played for a long time now. We had the ecstasy of the Martin years of course but since then it's been constant heartbreak/boredom. Things really are looking up. I know we're in League One but you can tell that things are a changing again. Hopefully Nigel stays a good few years cos I think he has got good potential to be a top manager.

Hold on. The season in the Prem (with MA) was quite something, even if we did go down!

:blink:

Perspective.

we shouldnt even be in this shit league.

having said that we've done BRILLIANT to get to jan in Top spot.

well Done Pearson.

Having said that,as the last 4-5 yrs in the CChip will prove we need a spine of QUALITY players.

The one big positive (IF we go up!) would be the winning mentality that we take with us into next seasons campaign which is something we havent had for the last 4-5 years.

Agreed.

We also have a nucleus of quality players which we can build upon over coming seasons.

If Pearson can hold on to those players there is no reason why we shouldn't progress onwards and upwards back to the Premier League, hopefully to stay!

All is good so far but considering we finished the game with 5 loanees on the pitch, we have a relatively unproven manager above this level and appear to be short of readies I'll wait until I see the state of play at the end of the season before I even think about how we might manage in the Championship and beyond

Archived