Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

I'm glad I don't support Arsénal/ManU/Liverpool etc.

I found watching the commentary for last night's game quite embarassing. Constant mentions of our 'superiority' and how Yeovil would be fortunate to get anything.

When ever they lost the ball it was metioned, but when we gave it away it was missed by the commentator. Every tiny bit of skill we did was praised, anything Yeovil did it was 'that wasn't bad... considering the opposition'.

Etc. etc....

This is one of the reasons I dislike Arsénal so much (and to a lesser extent the others in the "Big 4TM") the constant arse-licking of the commentators...

Did anyone else find this, or am I just out on my own here!? :unsure:

Tbh, I get more sick of being overlooked. We're getting this now because we're a big fish in a small pond.

Normally the media dislike us, overlook us and generally treat us with fair disdain. It gets tiresome.

It's the same in the rugby, so I don't know what it is about Leicester. Listening to a Tigers game is hilarious, every, SINGLE thing the opposition does is sheer poetry and everything the Tigers do "isn't bad."

I found watching the commentary for last night's game quite embarassing. Constant mentions of our 'superiority' and how Yeovil would be fortunate to get anything.

When ever they lost the ball it was metioned, but when we gave it away it was missed by the commentator. Every tiny bit of skill we did was praised, anything Yeovil did it was 'that wasn't bad... considering the opposition'.

Etc. etc....

This is one of the reasons I dislike Arsénal so much (and to a lesser extent the others in the "Big 4TM") the constant arse-licking of the commentators...

Did anyone else find this, or am I just out on my own here!? :unsure:

Yeovil would have been very fortunate to get anything, thought they were awful. Played it long almost every time and came unstuck whenever they attempted to play it on the deck.

It's nice to get a bit of recognition and praise, because I honestly think we deserve it.

Can't say I noticed the commentators last night but I do know where you're coming from in terms of 'the big 4'. Praise seems to be given based on reputation rather that performance most of the time.

Tbh, I get more sick of being overlooked. We're getting this now because we're a big fish in a small pond.

Normally the media dislike us, overlook us and generally treat us with fair disdain. It gets tiresome.

It's the same in the rugby, so I don't know what it is about Leicester. Listening to a Tigers game is hilarious, every, SINGLE thing the opposition does is sheer poetry and everything the Tigers do "isn't bad."

I now realise after years of moaning about this very problem... I don't like being 'overly' prasied... My innate Englishness coming out maybe!? :dunno:

At the end of the day, the commentators hardly ever watch us. They look at the results and the table and make their judgement.
Can't say I noticed the commentators last night but I do know where you're coming from in terms of 'the big 4'. Praise seems to be given based on reputation rather that performance most of the time.

I think you're both right... and I don't like it! :(

Archived