Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

If we go up, *touch wood*, someone needs to organise a pitch invasion.

Most likely won't happen. The stewards will be on the lurch around L1 areas. And I cant see anyone from the front rows of the kop standing up and running.

Su

Obviously it'd have to be at the Walkers.

It'd be awesome, we never have anything like that and all the other clubs do it when they get promoted.

Who wants to go on the pitch first? :P

Why can't you organise it? Or could you lead the way over the advertising boards?

... and it's time we showed the class act we've strived for this season, if we do get out of League 1 first time of asking then lets stand up and applaud the teams that remain behind ... not act like the class bully of '09.

Support the Club ... Yes, scream and shout like demented banshee's .. Yes ... but act like 6 years olds at an ice cream fenzy? ... !

We have the advantage of a huge fan base compared to the majority in League 1, we have a huge average weekly gate compared to the majority in League 1, we have a better paid and deeper squad than the majority in League 1 and yet are we sure of instant promotion? ... No, because a lot of the teams in League 1 show us exceptional respect and play us as though it was an FA Cup final final ... and good on 'em. No, if we manage to win LEAGUE 1 then let's leave with our heads held high and with the dignity that other clubs in this league have afforded us ... pitch invasion, my arse!

Well said... :appl::appl::appl:

We didn't invade the pitch after the Wembley and cup final wins - and we don't need to do so to celebrate an elevation from a league we should never have sunk to in the 1st place.

Well said... :appl::appl::appl:

We didn't invade the pitch after the Wembley and cup final wins - and we don't need to do so to celebrate an elevation from a league we should never have sunk to in the 1st place.

Nobody invades the Wembley pitch (apart from the Scottish.) It's standard practice for the majority of clubs that get promotion.

It usually happens when small clubs rise above their station - Stoke last season being a prime example.

Nottingham Forest last year?! A team that's won the European cup twice celebrating being promoted to the championship.

Southampton last year?! A team that a few years ago were a constant fixture in the prem celebrating staying in the championship.

It really is very commonplace. Even your earlier comment about Reading being 'classy' because they didn't invade the pitch at our place was stupid because a week later 15,000 piled onto the madejski pitch to celebrate winning the league. Of course they weren't going to do it away, that's not really on.

i would think that the amount of stewards on duty the day we MAY potetially go up will be doubled to make it impoossible to get on the pitch nice thought though :thumbup: :thumbup:

Riiiiiiiiiiight and the 9 or 10 that happen every season?! I suppose there's no stewards in those grounds? Just a few men in bunny costumes holding signs with big arrows pointing to the pitch on?!

Anyway I can't be fooked with this discussion anymore. Didn't realise such a lackadaisical and defeatist mind set had infected our club so much more than others. Oh well I'm sure we'll have a superb time being 'classy' in the stands. 20,000 clapping along and dancing around to whatever horrific indie pop tune the club decide to inflict us with as a treat for being promoted, the other 10,000 just looking a bit embarrassed by the whole thing.

Anyway I can't be fooked with this discussion anymore. Didn't realise such a lackadaisical and defeatist mind set had infected our club so much more than others. Oh well I'm sure we'll have a superb time being 'classy' in the stands. 20,000 clapping along and dancing around to whatever horrific indie pop tune the club decide to inflict us with as a treat for being promoted, the other 10,000 just looking a bit embarrassed by the whole thing.

It'll be 'We are the Champions' (of the World)

When we go up i want all of the Leicester players to club together and make a CD. Exactly like the England team did in Mike Basset England Manager. ( Love that film) (8) Its on me ed son, not off me ed son (8)

Nottingham Forest last year?! A team that's won the European cup twice celebrating being promoted to the championship.

That just shows how low their standards have sunk. Clough would turn in his grave.

Southampton last year?! A team that a few years ago were a constant fixture in the prem celebrating staying in the championship.

It was a great escape for them. Doubt they'll be staging a repeat this season though..

It really is very commonplace. Even your earlier comment about Reading being 'classy' because they didn't invade the pitch at our place was stupid because a week later 15,000 piled onto the madejski pitch to celebrate winning the league. Of course they weren't going to do it away, that's not really on.

From the comments in this thread, some fans appear to think otherwise... :rolleyes:

How often do you see pitch invasions by fans of the megaclubs? The answer is very rarely.

At a guess, I'd suggest that the majority of views in favour of a pitch invasion are from posters who are still at school.

Archived