Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

If we go up, *touch wood*, someone needs to organise a pitch invasion.

Anyone already done one?

I've done Sincil Bank - last home game of the season, apparently it's tradition there.

Done that many a time. I remember the first season they got to the play-offs on that run of about 6 years in a row. Lincoln needed a draw and were losing 1-0 to Torquay. 86th minute, Simon Yeo volleys in from about 25 yards to score his first goal in a few months. That was a mental pitch invasion.

And trample over Barry Fry in the process :D

Much better idea :cool:

Im all over that one.

would be great if we need to beat Peterborough to win the league. Piss all over Barry Fry :D

1-0 down 88th min

and we come back to win 2-1.

Surely it has to be at home if anything? An away pitch invasion would look pathetic, especially a some of these grounds.

... and a 'pitch invasion' at the Walkers for winning League 1 (... and by the way there's a bloody long way to go to the finish line just yet!) wouldn't look pathetic! ... what a load of arse! ... sorry, but NO.

I think a pitch invasion is inevitable should we go up isn't it? :unsure:

Er, no.

A lot of folk will be pleased to see promotion achieved, but not to the extent of risking a criminal record.

I also remember when Reading drew at our place in 2006 and were promoted to the top flight for the first time ever.

Their fans showed respect and class by NOT invading the pitch. I hope we can do likewise.

It's been said previously in this thread, IF L1 want on the pitch they'll get on, enough lads to get past the stewards easily it's then up to the rest of the ground to follow however I think people will start to gather around the front of the pitch IF this does happen.

IF we do pitch invade what are the odds of a Steward going to attempt to stop a little kid/teenager from running on and not stopping a fully grown bloke?

Like i've said before I want a pitch invasion to happen, doubt it will do.

All this talk of it being implausible at the Walkers is bollocks. There's been a number of pitch invasions at new style grounds with designs and security almost exactly the same of ours, for example this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWOv6Ps5nIc ,when Swansea won league one last year.

Also, I can't find any examples of clubs being fined or people being arrested as a result of a mass pitch invasion that's happened after the final whistle and without the intention of attacking opposing fans.

If you don't wanna go on the pitch, don't go on the pitch. It doesn't make you any less of a fan. People seem to be trying to find reasons that aren't there to justify as to why they'd just rather not.

I also remember when Reading drew at our place in 2006 and were promoted to the top flight for the first time ever.

Their fans showed respect and class by NOT invading the pitch. I hope we can do likewise.

meh. bit different for away fans to invade the pitch. and i don't think a pitch invasion shows a lack of 'class' - more than anything, it's just an opportunity to do something you can only do at one time of the year and usually only every 5/6 years due to circumstance. if it happens i'll be there.

If 500 people get on the pitch everyone will

... and it's time we showed the class act we've strived for this season, if we do get out of League 1 first time of asking then lets stand up and applaud the teams that remain behind ... not act like the class bully of '09.

Support the Club ... Yes, scream and shout like demented banshee's .. Yes ... but act like 6 years olds at an ice cream fenzy? ... !

We have the advantage of a huge fan base compared to the majority in League 1, we have a huge average weekly gate compared to the majority in League 1, we have a better paid and deeper squad than the majority in League 1 and yet are we sure of instant promotion? ... No, because a lot of the teams in League 1 show us exceptional respect and play us as though it was an FA Cup final final ... and good on 'em. No, if we manage to win LEAGUE 1 then let's leave with our heads held high and with the dignity that other clubs in this league have afforded us ... pitch invasion, my arse!

Archived