Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Russell352

Perspective on Promotion

Previous league 1 end of season standings for the last 5 seasons (most recent being at the top) :

..........................Pts

1 - Swansea.........92

2 - Forest.............82

1 - S****horpe.....91

2 - Bristol City......85

1 - Southend.........82

2 - Colchester.......79

1 - Luton..............98

2 - Hull................86

1 - Plymouth........90

2 - QPR...............83

In my opinion, going by the above, I'd say we need 86 points to 'guarantee' promotion. So from now on we can pretty much win 1, draw 1, lose 1 for every 3 game cycle or however you want to view it. And we'd have to hit really shit form to lose so many.

So far we've averaged 2.3 points per game.

I'm pretty optimistic!

P.S. To get to the big 100 pts we need to win 13 games out of the remaining 19. Definitely doable.

P.P.S. Can you tell i'm f**king bored?

We have got ourselves into a really good position and I think that we need to keep the momentum up and really push to win every game! I know it sounds obvious but there will be a time where we will start dropping points due to complacency. It happened to Swansea last year and it took them more games than they thought it would before clinching promotion.

I think Pearson will keep the players on their feet though and I'm pleased we don't have a manager that doesnt get arrogant (from what we see anyway which is the main thing as it also keeps a majority of the fans at bay too!)

I don't think we should get too carried away and start saying we are already up. We have a lot of work to do and we need to keep this unbeaten run going! I'm not saying I don't want us to hit the 100pts barrier, I'm just saying our main priority is to get promoted asap and then we can start focussing on records.

1 - Southend.........82

2 - Colchester.......86

Did Colchester not realise they were 4 points in front and still finished 2nd?

Good work, like someone has said all we need is 13 wins out of 19 to break the total and that is more than possible!

While the 100 point target is doable, focus on the 85 often needed for promotion. We require 24 points from a possible 57, meaning we can afford a poor second half of the season and still go up automatically. Happy days indeed!

Previous league 1 end of season standings for the last 5 seasons (most recent being at the top) :

..........................Pts

1 - Swansea.........92

2 - Forest.............82

1 - S****horpe.....91

2 - Bristol City......85

1 - Southend.........82

2 - Colchester.......86

1 - Luton..............98

2 - Hull................86

1 - Plymouth........90

2 - QPR...............83

In my opinion, going by the above, I'd say we need 86 points to 'guarantee' promotion. So from now on we can pretty much win 1, draw 1, lose 1 for every 3 game cycle or however you want to view it. And we'd have to hit really shit form to lose so many.

So far we've averaged 2.3 points per game.

I'm pretty optimistic!

P.S. To get to the big 100 pts we need to win 13 games out of the remaining 19. Definitely doable.

P.P.S. Can you tell i'm f**king bored?

This is the case however, at a comparative stage in each of those seasons the points tally for the top 6 sides was on average between 4 and 6 points less and for us considerably less. It is ours to lose but as it stands at the moment there is the distinct possibility that a side will fail to be promoted having surpassed the 90 points total. There is a long way to go but at the moment the stats for the current season would indicate that we should be aiming for a minimum of 94 points to go up and probably 96 to win the league. With the top 6 sides winning consistently there is a strong possibility that all the top 6 will get more than 84 points.

Being a boring old git I've run several possible scenarios and the indications are that this could be a record season for total points gained by the top 6.

Obviously things change but it would take only two others of the top 6 to continue their current form to make this happen.

Did Colchester not realise they were 4 points in front and still finished 2nd?

Good work, like someone has said all we need is 13 wins out of 19 to break the total and that is more than possible!

lol. I'm sure colchester were pretty pissed about that! Cheers for the spot, now edited.

Well if winning 4-2 and drawing 0-0 is our shitty patch that every team is supposed to have, I'm very optimistic! :scarf:

If you are talking shitty patches you can add the piss-poor efforts against Palace, losing Tunchev to injury, Davies to Bolton, Howard and Gilbert to illness plus anyone else that bloody bug leaves drained. And bookmakers deciding that the job's been done.

Archived