Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Top 15 songs of all time.

Seriously?? :blink:

Isn't the whole premise of the thread your top/best 15 songs of all time? If you wanna fill it with Oasis/Stone Roses then why not?

Like the song :unsure: and it would be boring for me just to keep banging on about Oasis or Stone Roses.

In no particular order;

• Have I told you lately that I love you-Rod Stewart.
    • Kingston Town-UB40
    • Summer breeze-The Isley Brothers
    • Live forever-Oasis
    • Walk away-Cast
    • Party fears 2-The Associates
    • Let it be/The long and winding road-The Beatles (I can't chose between them).
    • Down at the tube station at midnight-The Jam
    • Best friend-The Beat
    • Woman-John Lennon
    • Grow old with me-Glenn Campbell
    • Gimme Shelter-The Rolling Stones
    • The day before you came-Abba.
    • You really got me-The Kinks
    • Geno-Dexy's Midnight Runners

As others have said there'd probably be a different 15 if you asked me tomorrow.

I tried to have a mix of all kind of music, this is not my best 15 because it would probally be full of Oasis and Stone Roses songs but i wanted to not have the same artist more then once.

and for your next mission, see if you can list your fifteen favourite football teams....

1) Slide Away - Oasis

2) Sally Cinnamon - Stone Roses

3) In my life - The Beatles

4) The Circle - Ocean Colour Scene

5) There is a light what never goes out - The Smiths

6) Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon And Garfunkel

7) There you'll be - Faith Hill

8) The Way i am - Eminem

9) Love will tear us apart - Joy Division

10) Only God Knows Why - Kid Rock

11) Break Away - Kelly Clarkson

12) Turn Turn Turn (there is a season)- The Byrds

13) Who wants to live forever - Queen

14) Father and son - Cat Stevens

15) California Love - 2Pac

I tried to have a mix of all kind of music, this is not my best 15 because it would probally be full of Oasis and Stone Roses songs but i wanted to not have the same artist more then once.

The circle is a good shout although i reckon no 14 you prefer the Boyzone version :whistle:

Right, I'll have my go now. Obviously as I say it's hard and it'll change often.

1. Aurora - Foo Fighters

2. Mayonaise - Smashing Pumpkins

3. Tired of Sex - Weezer

4. Sometimes - My Bloody Valentine

5. Just Like Honey - The Jesus & Mary Chain

6. Hide and Seek - Imogen Heap

7. Jordan - Buckethead

8. While My Guitar Gently Weeps - The Beatles

9. A Day in the Life - The Beatles

10. I Am the Walrus - The Beatles

11. Rebellion (Lies) - Arcade Fire

12. El Scorcho - Weezer

13. Across the Sea - Weezer

14. Otherside - RHCP

15. Everlong - Foo Fighters

No order, except the first few or so.

THE BEACH BOYS JUST A BAND !!!

...and your point is?

what has this got to do with anything?

but if we must go there....

without pet sounds, no seargeant pepper, without seargeant pepper no oasis.... you really are a pointless and ignorant fool when you put your oasis blinkers on...

if you can't take a bit of a wind up, then at least stick to the topic without trying to stir up some needless turgid debate, and if you feel that is impossible then just stick to random and directionless comments such as your own one above.

...and your point is?

without pet sounds, no seargeant pepper, without seargeant pepper no oasis.... you really are a pointless and ignorant fool when you put your oasis blinkers on...

if you can't take a bit of a wind up, then at least stick to the topic without trying to stir up some needless turgid debate, and if you feel that is impossible then just stick to random and directionless comments such as your own one above.

He was just quoting a song. :thumbup:

...and your point is?

Ahh, you sit up there and mock Oasis week after week and i say one liddle thing about the Beach Boys and you flip !!

Put it this way and i'm being serious. If they're was a poll of the best bands ever. Oasis would be 2nd and the Beach Boy (who are forgotten anyway) wouldn't even make the top 15 and thats my honest hearted opinion.

The Beach Boys never gave The Beatles anything and i prove it with facts if you want to go there.

Ahh, you sit up there and mock Oasis week after week and i say one liddle thing about the Beach Boys and you flip !!

Put it this way and i'm being serious. If they're was a poll of the best bands ever. Oasis would be 2nd and the Beach Boy (who are forgotten anyway) wouldn't even make the top 15 and thats my honest hearted opinion.

The Beach Boys never gave The Beatles anything and i prove it with facts if you want to go there.

Please do.

Revolver/Rubber Soul paved the way for Pet Sounds, which did the same for Sgt. Pepper's.

Please do.

Revolver paved the way for Pet Sounds, which did the same for Sgt. Pepper's.

I will tommorrow because its a myth, i've got a few books about this myth.

Trust me, The Beatles didn't care for the Beach Boys.

I will tommorrow because its a myth, i've got a few books about this myth.

Trust me, The Beatles didn't care for the Beach Boys.

Well, I have Pet Sounds right in front of me now and it has a direct quote from Macca:

"No one is educated musically until they've heard PS... It is a total classic record that is unbeatable in many ways"

And from Sir George Martin:

"Without PS, Sgt. Pepper's wouldn't have happened... Pepper was an attempt to equal PS"

Well, I have Pet Sounds right in front of me now and it has a direct quote from Macca:

"No one is educated musically until they've heard PS... It is a total classic record that is unbeatable in many ways"

And from Sir George Martin:

"Without PS, Sgt. Pepper's wouldn't have happened... Pepper was an attempt to equal PS"

:yawn: Myth, i got the proof that will blow your wikipedia facts out the window mate.

Maybe if that poll was done down your local working mens club. Your ignorance astounds me, you make me ashambed to be an Oasis fan.

i wouldn't say i mock oasis, certainly not week after week - they tend to make themselves a bit of a joke, though i am very critical of them, for many reasons i shan't be so tedious to repeat.

i'm certainly not flipping, i was just defending a band i like, and at the same time i was alarmed at your silly comments (no i didn't know it was a quote, but surely you would only be quoting that to make a point), because i believe that the beach boys (along with notable others) did things in music and production that paved the way for the creative surge of the late 60s early 70s...

all of which coming because the only way you know how to deal with some one teasing you (and let's face it you probably have had fifteen different clubs in you sig this season) is by making some mindless and unfocused dig about a band i like - well done, mate, once again you prove to everyone that are in inelegant buffoon with no capicty for adult debate or exchange.

so toddle on and go and bung up some other thread with your tiresome need to bring everything back to oasis...

....oh your drivel about the beatles relationship with the beach boys - that's the funniest shit yet :crylaugh:

After ALOT of thinking:

-Wild Horses - The Rolling Stones

-Made Of Stone - The Stone Roses

-Coffee and TV - Blur

-Dancing In The Dark - Bruce Springsteen

-A Certain Romance - Arctic Monkeys

-Tonight - Smashing Pumpkins

-Hey Joe - Jimi Hendrix

-It's a Hit - We Are Scientists

-Hey Scenesters! - The Cribs

-Cutt Off - Kasabian

-We're In This Together - NIN

-Save Your Scissors - City & Colour

-Grafitti - Maximo Park

-Silence - Delerium

-Finished Symphony - Hybrid

After ALOT of thinking:

-Wild Horses - The Rolling Stones

-Made Of Stone - The Stone Roses

-Coffee and TV - Blur

-Dancing In The Dark - Bruce Springsteen

-A Certain Romance - Arctic Monkeys

-Tonight - Smashing Pumpkins

-Hey Joe - Jimi Hendrix

-It's a Hit - We Are Scientists

-Hey Scenesters! - The Cribs

-Cutt Off - Kasabian

-We're In This Together - NIN

-Save Your Scissors - City & Colour

-Grafitti - Maximo Park

-Silence - Delerium

-Finished Symphony - Hybrid

Fantastic shouts,all of them :thumbup:

so toddle on and go and bung up some other thread with your tiresome need to bring everything back to oasis...

To be fair all you've done in this thread is bung it up with a tiresome Ash vs Valerenga Oasis debate.

:P

Also I don't see why it's impossible at all to list YOUR 15 top songs? Listing THE 15 best songs is, I'm guessing that's what you meant.

Anyway here's a few from me, not all musical masterpieces but each with a reason of its own for being there.

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

Portishead - Roads

Underworld - Cups

Dead Prez - Hip Hop

LTJ Bukem - Music

Goldie - Sea of Tears

Radiohead - Lucky

DJ Krush - Danger of Love

I'll finish it off when I next get a chance to properly think.

'Cause some people have way more than 15 favourite songs. :unsure:

Well yeah, fair enough. If that was the case though (as it is with me) I'd just put down 15 of my top songs. In fact I'd rather list albums as a collection of songs in an album often has a far greater effect than any one song from that collection. The way songs fit together on an album (a musical journey, if you will) is more appealing to me than just listening to one, amazing track.

Anyway I'm rambling and in fact in doing so I think I'm starting to agree with you!

the reason i find it impossible to even list my own current top 15 is because it depends on what i'm basing it on -

if we're talking about composition then i'd include stuff like: washington post by JPSousa or maple leaf rag by scott joplin

if we're talking about beauty and melody then it would be heavy on beach boys ie: please let me wonder or i just wasn't made for these times

or if you're talking exhileration and a playful magic then i'd include wouldn't change a thing by kylie or into the grove by madonna, although i can't imagine these two would come close to an all time top 15 - i guess that means that my criteria for selection would not be based on 'feel good factor' alone, i think when you have written songs, it is the composition that increasingly stands out, and how a chord change or harmony (not just vocal harmony) effects you - like the key change in lennon's 'woman' - rather than becuase it reminds you of being pissed or on holiday, though elements such as that make the difference on some level

suffice to say my list would not be as narrow as some of these lists are: i'd be inclined to have certain songs that are just awesome on any level, such as:

'i just wasn't made for these times' - beach boys

'i don't know what i can save you from' - kings of convenience

'i got a feeling i'm falling' - gene austin

'by the time i get to pheonix' - glen campbell

'forever' - beach boys

'one by one' the free design

'tunic (song for karen)' - sonic youth

'electric dreams' - georgio moroder/philip oakey

i think the problem is not so much what to put in, as what to leave out.

Archived