Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Oldham Player Ratings

I gave Martin an 8 and the rest 6 or below. I sit in the Kop and it was up the other end but it looked like Martin made a couple of class saves that kept our unbeaten run going. He did his job well today.

That dummy at Kop end was terrible. I think it was Fryatt but can't remember for sure. There wasn't even a City player in the vacinity of where the ball was going.

Also, some of the corners today were shocking. I counted at least 3 terrible efforts.

But, it doesn't happen week in week out so I'm not complaining

I gave Martin an 8 and the rest 6 or below. I sit in the Kop and it was up the other end but it looked like Martin made a couple of class saves that kept our unbeaten run going. He did his job well today.

That dummy at Kop end was terrible. I think it was Fryatt but can't remember for sure. There wasn't even a City player in the vacinity of where the ball was going.

Also, some of the corners today were shocking. I counted at least 3 terrible efforts.

But, it doesn't happen week in week out so I'm not complaining

Yeah it was Fryatt, and yes, the corners were poor today.

Martin 7 (Couiple of vital saves and a competent game)

Gilbert 5 (Disappointing. His passing and general support play were never better thn ordinary and quite often worse)

Mattock 5 (Looked strangely uncertain. One moment when he should have driven forward into acres of space near the penalty box saw him looking on as if to say, "what, me?" He just seemed part of an entirely cagey approach).

Hobbs 6 (May have lost the runner who got afree header near the end but was otherwise okay in a limited way).

Morrison 6 (Started well but was undistinguised in the end).

Cleverley 5 (Not the same player as at Walsall. Huffed and puffed but his passing seemed off and his movement ineffective)..

Dyer 5 (Disappointing yet again. Has he gone part-time now?)

Oakley 5 (Three of his first four corners were disy cutters. Indifferent otherwise).

King 5 (Played the game in don't exert yourself mode like most everyone else).

Fryatt 5 (Missing the target from a penalty is inexcusable. Wasted another good chance too)

Howard 5 (Hit the post I believe then effectively knocked off for the day).

Gradel 5 (Created one chance with his first run but was given very little opportunity to shine because we simply failed to make space even against 10 men. Confidence and match sharpness both looked low and that, to me, is a disgrace to the club.).

Berner NA

Dickov NA

Pearson 4 (Presumably he dictated our tactics and if football were played like that every week there would soon be very few fans left.)

Martin - 7*. Saved us from defeat in the end, the only player who can be satisfied with his performance.

Gilbert - 5. Distribution was appalling at times.

Hobbs - 6. Solid in the first half, shockingly wasteful in the second.

Morrison - 6. See Hobbs.

Mattock - 5. Defensively OK, passing and crossing was abysmal though.

Cleverley - 5. Back to earth after the Walsall game.

Oakley - 3. Went missing just when we needed leadership. Setpieces were shockingly poor.

King - 5. Very inhibited, never got forward as often as he should have done.

Dyer - 4. Another appalling home performance, really could do with a rest.

Howard - 5. Decent in the first half, dreadful in the second.

Fryatt - 4. Back in the depths of last season. Penalty miss was inexcusable.

Gradel - 5. No real impact.

Berner - 5. Slightly better than Dyer. Still couldn't cross though.

Dickov - n/a.

Martin - 8. Some cracking saves which kept us in it.

Gilbert - 5. Distribution was terrible, seems to forget he has bundles of pace.

Hobbs - 6. Solid, but too much long ball stuff.

Morrison - 6. See Hobbs. Very lucky not to concede a penalty

Mattock - 5. Made a few decent runs, but his crossing let him down.

Cleverley - 5. Best out an appaling midfield, worked hard but lacked in the final moments.

Oakley - 3. Very poor. Set pieces were absymal.

King - 5. Saw very little of the ball all game.

Dyer - 4. Time to be dropped I'm afraid, he's completely lost all of his early season momentum.

Howard - 5. Won few headers, but didn't get much help from the referee.

Fryatt - 4. Not his day at all, must at least hit the target from the penalty, but he will be fine.

Gradel - 5. Nothing of any note.

Berner - 5. Better than Dyer. Crosses weren't great.

Oldham- 8. - They worked incredibly hard all night, especially after the red card. Leicester didn't win a second ball all night.

Nobs who came in L1 - 0. fook off into your own seats.

Martin 8 (Two very good saves to spare further embarassment)

Gilbert 6 (Solid enough in defence, tried to support attacking moves without much success)

Hobbs 5.5 (Reasonable but also lacked concentration in certain defensive situations)

Morrison 6 (Defended solidly but made a error of judgement which should have led to a penalty)

Mattock 6 (Looked fine in defence but didn't support attacks well with his wayward passing and crossing)

Cleverley 5.5 (Started brightly and nearly scored but he soon faded, distribution from the right-back position was awful)

Oakley 5 (Never got into the game, tried to engineer things but nothing came off)

King 5 (No creativity, kept things simple which was helpful at times)

Dyer 4 (What's gone wrong? He's lost all his energy and rarely runs down the wing anymore)

Howard 5.5 (Battled hard but ultimately lost the aerial battle and therefore our attacking options were very limited)

Fryatt 5 (Ok in patches and has the ability to fashion chances from nothing but the penalty was horrendous)

Subs 5 (All 3 were mainly anonymous)

Surprised at some of the 6s and even a 7 or two for Oakley, thought he had an absolute shocker. Was strolling for most of it which he hasn't been doing in recent weeks, worrying return to the Oakley of last season. Corners were terrible and he didn't look interested all game.

Thought Morrison was excellent on the whole although his distribution will stop him becoming top Championship class in the future unless some major coaching happens somewhere along the line.

Martin did well again, have to say he is in really good form at the moment although I'm not his biggest fan.

Surprised at some of the 6s and even a 7 or two for Oakley, thought he had an absolute shocker. Was strolling for most of it which he hasn't been doing in recent weeks, worrying return to the Oakley of last season. Corners were terrible and he didn't look interested all game.

Spot on. :thumbup::(

Thought Morrison was excellent on the whole although his distribution will stop him becoming top Championship class in the future unless some major coaching happens somewhere along the line.

He had one or two lapses in concentration in the second half which better finishers would have punished. He needs to work on that area of his game.

Martin did well again, have to say he is in really good form at the moment although I'm not his biggest fan.

Agreed again. He's earned us several points this week with his saves against Northampton and Oldham, and deserves to stay in the side for the rest of the season, even when Hendo is fit.

From the ground

Martin 8 [Cracking saves that kept us in the game]

Gilbert 5

Morrison 6

Hobbs 7 [better of the two centre backs]

Mattock 6

Oakley 6 [****ing shit corners]

King 6

Cleverley 6

Dyer 5

Fryatt 6

Howard 6

I agree with that. Think there was one or two decent corners from Oakley but yes, most of them were shit.

EDIT: I was at the match

surprised the centre backs are getting such high scores thought they both looked shaky particularly Morrison

They only seemed to become shaky after Oldham went to 10 men and we pushed men forward for the win that never was.

IMO they only really looked in trouble on the break. I thought this was more due to the way we played than them playing

badly.

Ah but he did play an absolute beast of a ball 50 yards to Dyer or someone on the left wing in the second half. I think the ability is there. Just a bit of idiocy at times.

We were poor on the whole yesterday. A shame on the back of such a grea away win.

Archived