Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Oldham Player Ratings

Martin 6 - Made a few decent saves.

Gilbert 5 - Not performing.

Mattock 5 - Poor end product.

Hobbs 6 - Solid in the air.

Morrison 6 - Marshalled the murderer well.

Cleverley 6 - Not up to Tuesday's standards.

Dyer 5 - Still going through a rough patch.

Oakley 5 - Shit set pieces. Backed out alot.

King 5 - Largely anonymous.

Fryatt 5 - Greedy. Poor penalty.

Howard 5.5 - Huffed and puffed to no avail. Harshly treated by the ref.

Gradel 5 - Why was everyone raving about him at the start of the season?

Berner 5 - Wasn't on long enough to make a real impact.

Dickov N/A.

TV Ratings:

Martin - 7 - Did what he needed to when called upon.

Gilbert - 6 - Cut out some attacks well and generally kept cool but looked a bit poor going forward, ang got caught out a couple of times.

Hobbs - 7 - Imperious at times, inept the next. Generally solid, though.

Morrison - 7.5 - Slightly better than Hobbs I thought, a bit cooler.

Mattcok - 7 -Coped well I thought, looked decent going forward and coped with nearly every attack down his side.

Cleverley - 6.5 - A case of out to impress. Perhaps tried too much. Looked reasonably lively though.

Oakley - 6 - Passing wasn't great, never found that killer instinct. Steady if anything.

King - 6 - No better or worse than Oakley, still think that play seems to slow down when he's in possession though. Sometimes that can be a good thing, sometimes not. Decent effot against the post.

Dyer - 5 - Out of ideas. Seems to run towards the full back and stop. Really think it's time to bench him unfortunately.

Fryatt - 6 - Should've netted from the spot, but generally put himself about. Always lurking around ready to latch onto a weak pass back, good to see he's still got that instinct. Just didn't get the "rub of the green" today.

Howard - 7 - Won everything in the air, reasonable effort against the post, put himself around and was the foacl point of what little we tried to create.

SUBS:

Gradel - Looked quite lively and ready to get stuck in when he came on. I'd start him on the left next game, think he wants to prove that he can be an asset in this side.

Berner - Generally more clever and more composed on the ball than Dyer. Needs to be starting.

Dickov - Not on long enough to comment.

From TV -

Martin 7.5 - Did well with whatever was thrown at him.

Gilbert 5 - Unconvincing and given a very hard time by their left winger

Hobbs 6 - Did fine, troubled a lot by Hughes.

Morrison 7.5 - Easily the better of the two centre halfs today.

Mattock 6.5 - A more confident performance defensively but poor crossing.

MIDFIELD 4.5 - The game passed all of them by and when they got the ball were way too reluctant to shoot.

Fryatt 4.5 - Poor penalty and greedy at times, but was working hard for the majority of the game and got into some great positions.

Howard 5.5 - Played ok but any good work he did was undone by the fact that the ball wouldn't fall for us.

Tactics 3 - Hoofing was actually the best thing to do in the last 10 minutes as we needed the ball forward asap. However, the reluctance to shoot from distance after they went down to 10 men was baffling.

Martin - 8 - Couple of massive saves.

Gilbert - 6

Hobbs and Morrison - 7 - Still too much hoofing from the pair of them though.

Mattock - 6

Cleverly - 7

King - 7

Oakley - 7

Dyer - 5 - Completely shot of confidence, doesn't want to run at his man like he was earlier in the season. I thought his goal against Northampton would change things but it would seem not.

Fryatt - 5 - Really not his night.

Steve - 6 - Not really his night either, and whatever he did win nobody was awake enough to latch onto it.

Martin 7.5 - Faultless performance, and came up with the goods to save twice near the end to save the point.

Gilbert 5 - Not great today, he struggled with most things.

Morrison 6 - Just me who thought he looked a bit shaky then?

Hobbs 7 - The better of the two centre backs in my opinion, he also made a very good tackle to deny the Oldham sub near the end.

Mattock 5 - Him and Dyer didn't link up very well at all tonight and and I wasn't too impressed overall.

Oakley 5 - Not what we'd like to see from him today. Poor set-pieces again.

King 5 - Oh, he played?

Cleverley 6 - Not too bad. Tried to get things going, which is more than can be said for some.

Dyer 4 - Please, please stop persisting with him Pearson. The guy's got no confidence, and can no longer beat a man. His lack of right foot is a major hinderance too.

Howard 5 - Did next to nothing today, and with him and Fryatt playing so close to each other things were never going to work.

Fryatt 4 - You can't miss a penalty against Dean Windass. You can't get yourself in another good position and hit it straight at Dean Windass. Woeful finishing today cost us dearly.

From TV:

Martin 6.5 - Efficient, did what he had to do fine

Gilbert 6 - Reasonable at the back, nothing much coming forward

Mattock 6 - Caught out a couple of times, but also a couple of decent interceptions when needed

Hobbs 7 - Not completely solid, but thought he was probably the most effective player for us

Morrison 6 - Ok, I also thought he was a bit shaky

Cleverley 5 - Never seemed to be properly in the game

Oakley 5 - Lousy set piece delivery, generally overrun, one decent ball into the box

King 5 - Overrun, the worst I've seen him play

Dyer 6 - In a minority of one, I'm going to give him credit for not hiding and being the one midfield player who generally didn't waste the ball when he had it. His end product was hardly incisive though.

Fryatt 6 - If he scores the penalty he's done exactly what a striker should do, having won it by being sharp. He didn't, it happens, let's hope he doesn't dwell too much on it. I don't blame him for trying a couple of shots either, that's how he's got 25 goals this season.

Howard 6 - Decent in the first half, seemed to fade in the second, thought the Oldham defenders played him well

Gradel 5 - Not his fault, nobody appeared to want to pass to him

Berner 6 - Showed more desire than anyone else during his brief appearance, should probably have replaced Oakley about 20 minutes earlier

Dickov 5 - Pointless substitution, might as well have brought on Brown and shoved another big man up front

Pearson 5 - Looked upset towards the end and hardly surprising. But failed to address the main problem of central midfield being overrun. Oakley in central midfield looks dodgy against decent teams, but does he dare drop or sub him?

Oldham 7 - Gave it a really good go, played nice football, and didn't sit back once they had 10 men. Would have been 8, minus 1 for employing a murderer

Martin 7.5 - Faultless performance, and came up with the goods to save twice near the end to save the point.

Hobbs 7 - The better of the two centre backs in my opinion, he also made a very good tackle to deny the Oldham sub near the end.

Mattock 5 - Him and Dyer didn't link up very well at all tonight and and I wasn't too impressed overall.

King 4 - Oh, he played?

Cleverley 6 - Not too bad. Tried to get things going, which is more than can be said for some.

Dyer 4 - Please, please stop persisting with him Pearson. The guy's got no confidence, and can no longer beat a man. His lack of right foot is a major hinderance too.

Howard 6- Did next to nothing today, and with him and Fryatt playing so close to each other things were never going to work.

Fryatt 4 - You can't miss a penalty against Dean Windass. You can't get yourself in another good position and hit it straight at Dean Windass. Woeful finishing today cost us dearly.

:thumbup:

(From watching on Sky)

Game Ratings

David Martin - Made some good stops and I thought he had a decent game. 7

Kerrea Gilbert - Looked pretty poor today, passing was dreadful and he seemed to get beat by that winger every time. 5.5

Joe Mattock- He looked alot better today than he has in recent weeks, but he still got beat to easily today. 5.5

Michael Morrison - Thought he was one of the best players today. He made some integral blocks and kept Hughes reasonably quite. 7

Jack Hobbs- Won everything in the air, can't really fault him apart from the hoofing. 6.5

Tom Cleverley- Wasn't himself today after a few misplaced passes. He struggled with Oldhams physicality which is understandable because he's young. Probably a game to forget for the lad. 5

Lloyd Dyer- Lloyd has really gone off the boil lately and today was the same. He just could make an impact on the game and struggled to beat his fullback. Perhaps he doesnt like the cold? 6 :dunno:

Matt Oakley- Worked hard but nothing seemed to come off for him. Set pieces were dogger. I think he plays better on the right, him and King dont seem to be compatible in the middle. 6

Andy King- Lacked to physical presence to really dominate in the centre. He didnt really get a chance to impose himself on the game because the midfield was largely bypassed by the defence hoofing it. 6

Matty Fryatt- Wasnt his day today. Had enough chances to score but just couldnt seem to. As for the penalty, Windass's tom foolery stifled Fryatt, and the pressure told. Chin up matty and move on. 5

Steve Howard- Steve was bullied today and the ref offered nothing in the way of protection for him. He still won his fair share of flick ons despite Oldhams relentless fouling. Nearly got himself on the scoresheet but as with Fryatt he just couldnt seem to hit the back of the net. 6.5

Subs

Gradel- Couldnt get his foot on the ball and didn't really do much. 5.5

Berner- Brought an experienced head to a very young defense. 6

Martin 6.5 - Made a few decent saves.

Gilbert 5.5 - Pace an asset an number of touches but below par.

Mattock 5.5 - Poor end product, better at LM.

Hobbs 6.5 - Solid in the air, some good distribution.

Morrison 6.5 - Along with Hobbs delt with Oldhams threat well until we pushed everyone forward for the win.

Cleverley 6 - Some nice passes but still coming upto the pace.

Oakley 5 - Not inspirational today.

King 6 - Thought he could have taken more opportunity to test their 'keeper'.

Fryatt 6 - Did well to control the ball then push it around the keeper and win the penalty.

Gradel 6 - A bit more energy than others.

Dickov N/A.

A special mention for Deam Windass, top bloke, having a bit of a laugh with the Kop and did well in goal he gets a 10.

King 5 - Oh, he played?

Howard 5 - Did next to nothing today, and with him and Fryatt playing so close to each other things were never going to work.

From watching it on tv i'd pretty much agree with that....

From TV

Martin 7 - Solid

Gilbert 5.5 - Blows hot and cold

Hobbs 6.5 - Tidy

Morrison 7.5 - Tidy as well looks like he is starting to develop nicely

Mattock 6 - Good first half not so good 2nd half

Cleverley 5.5 - Huffed and puffed to little effect

Dyer 5 - Seems to have lost his spark big time. Time for a spell !!!

Oakley 6 - Best of the midfielders only just

King 5.5 - Tryed but off day poor service

Fryatt 5 - Only reason i think he lasted the game out is he put ball in net when offside it seemed to lift him for a few minutes

Howard 6.5 - Unlucky not to score first half we rely on him to much at times to do the hard unrewarded work

Subs 5 - ..... Meh ......

Me 10 - Pulling an all nighter to watch that shit very ballsy / stupid

Oakleys first 2 corners pretty much summed up the whole game POOR but credit to Oldham they came with a plan and got a point out of the game

Martin -7- Good saves but the direction on his kicks were poor.

Gilbert -6- Defensivley ok but his crossing and distribution is awful, and he seems to have forgotten hes got pace in attacking areas.

Morrison -7- Did well first half, sloppier second.

Hobbs -7- Solid enough.

Mattock -7- defended well against Taylor on the whole and got forward a lot second half, just lacked final ball.

Cleverley -6- Liveliest of the midfielders for me, always willing. Crowd got on his back a little which dented his confidence towards the end, seems to be nervous infront of the big home crowds.

Oakley -4- Awful today, probably worst of the season.

King -6- Tidy enough but never took too many risks, always kept it simple.

Dyer -5- Did ok first half but poor second, why does he always slow the play down?

Fryatt -4- On another day he gets round the keeper n taps it home n gets 7s all around. Had a shocker infront of goal today.

Howard -5- Gregan marked him out the game, bad day.

Gradel -5- Made no impact.

Berner -5- Not the sort of player whos going to come on and change the game.

Martin 6 - Made a few decent saves.

Gilbert 5 - Not performing.

Mattock 5 - Poor end product.

Hobbs 6 - Solid in the air.

Morrison 6 - Marshalled the murderer well.

Cleverley 6 - Not up to Tuesday's standards.

Oakley 5 - Shit set pieces. Backed out alot.

King 5 - Largely anonymous.

Fryatt 5 - Greedy. Poor penalty.

Gradel 5 - Why was everyone raving about him at the start of the season?

Dickov N/A.

What is going on :crylaugh:

That was the best performance ive seen Gilbert do, he was easily one of the best in our team today.

From the actual game;

Martin - 9 - Thought he was tremendous today, kept us in the game many times.

Gilbert - 6 - Showed some great invention early on, but too often wasted the ball in the second half.

Morrison - 6 - It was indicative of the way we played when morrison was our central playmaker. Reminds me of mcauley last season, good in defence,

but hoofs like nobody's business.

Hobbs - 7 - So often was there to clean the ball up in defence and start another attack. Won nearly every aerial challenge.

Mattock - 6 - A bit anonymous, although he did have the beating of their fullback on a number of occasions.

Cleverley - 6 - Similar to Gilbert he went from being a major creative outlet to someone who looked scared and nervous everytime he received the ball.

Should have been taken off for gradel, as gilbert and max seem to work better down the right together.

Oakley - 6 - Anonymous, and should have started on the right wing where recntly he has performed so well.

King - 5 - Other than that one shot, really can't remember him doing anything of note.

Dyer - 6 - Looks like a different player to at the start of the season.

Fryatt - 5 - Really should have buried that penalty, and was marked so tightly he struggled to make any impact on the game.

Howard - 6 - Would have been a much different game had his early shot found the net.

Subs:

Dickov - This guy is seriously on borrowed time. His meaningless cameos offer nothing.

Gradel - Wasn't on for long enough, but i'm sure he would have suffered the same tight marking dyer received.

Berner - Offers more than mattock on the balance of play, and should start if fit.

Oldham - 10 - THought the tactics wwere spot on today, especially after going a goal down.

Martin - 6

Gilbert - 5

Mattock - 6

Morrison - 6

Hobbs - 5

Cleverley - 5

Oakley - 5

King - 5

Dyer - 5

Fryatt - 5

Howard - 6

Subs:

Gradel - 5

Berner - 6

Martin - 8 - Couple of massive saves.

Gilbert - 6

Hobbs and Morrison - 7 - Still too much hoofing from the pair of them though.

Mattock - 6

Cleverly - 7

King - 7

Oakley - 7

Dyer - 5 - Completely shot of confidence, doesn't want to run at his man like he was earlier in the season. I thought his goal against Northampton would change things but it would seem not.

Fryatt - 5 - Really not his night.

Steve - 6 - Not really his night either, and whatever he did win nobody was awake enough to latch onto it.

Spot on

From the ground

Martin 8 [Cracking saves that kept us in the game]

Gilbert 5

Morrison 6

Hobbs 7 [better of the two centre backs]

Mattock 6

Oakley 6 [****ing shit corners]

King 6

Cleverley 6

Dyer 5

Fryatt 6