Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Fryatt Claims MotM In Top Of The Table Clash

MK Dons 2-2 Leicester City

28 February 2009

City top scorer Matty Fryatt won his first man of the match award since early December after helping The Foxes to claim a fortuitous 2-2 draw at stadium:mk on Saturday. Last minute hero Max Gradel was voted highest but didn't play long enough to be eligible for the award. Matt Oakley was second behind Fryatt after overcoming injury to play the 90 minutes, whilst defender Joe Mattock came third.

Wayne Brown had a torrid time against a vibrant Dons attack culminating in a flop of the match award. Regular low scorer Lloyd Dyer was voted the second poorest player against his old club, while Michael Morrison rounded off the bottom three.

Full results below.

Player Awards:

Man of the Match: Matty Fryatt – 6.51

Flop of the Match: Wayne Brown – 4.84

Best Goalkeeper / Defender: Joe Mattock – 5.89

Best Midfielder: Matt Oakley – 6.19

Best Striker: Matty Fryatt – 6.51

Full Ratings:

1. Max Gradel – 7.63

2. Matty Fryatt – 6.51

3. Matt Oakley – 6.19

4. Joe Mattock – 5.89

5. Steve Howard – 5.84

6. Kerrea Gilbert – 5.58

7. Bruno Berner – 5.53

8. Andy King – 5.52

9. Mark Bunn – 5.49

10. Michael Morrison – 5.46

11. Tom Cleverley – 5.41

12. Lloyd Dyer – 5.02

13. Wayne Brown – 4.84

Voter Awards:

Top/Fairest Voters:

colsterfox/Daggers

Most Generous Voter:

1st – leicesterEd – 7.54

2nd – lcfcfan4ever – 7.23

3rd – Lestoh4lyf – 6.15

Harshest Voter:

1st – joeldy boy – 3.77

2nd – beaumontfox / Matt Beighton – 4.69

3rd – Hazzman – 4.77

(Anonymous voters are not included in the voter awards)

Total Votes: 81 - great turnout, might be the best for an away game this season so thanks to everyone who voted. Voting will open for Stockport shortly after the game.

Quote from Beaumont Fox in an interview with MK Dons

you always have feckwits sitting near you who never have a good word to say about what they are seeing.......yes even in this record-breaking season!
Harshest Voter:

2nd – beaumontfox 4.69

Mmm, interesting :whistle:

Top/Fairest Voter:

Daggers

Obviously I can not take all the credit for this award, not my first for this season I may add.

Being a supporter is not a solo experience, one needs people who you rely on in order to perform your role as an opinionated fan. I have to extend my gratitude to the Leicester City team for their below-par performance which contributed to my outstandingly top and fair valuations (not my words people, sheffield_fox's).

Also, it would be very remiss of me to forget the importance that Mrs. Dangerfield played in all this - without her teaching me to count to the lofty heights of 10 I may never have been able to complete my player ratings in such a top and fair manner.

Lastly, I must extend my gratitude and love to my family - without whom I might easily have not had the motivation to get away from the house on a Saturday afternoon in order to enjoy the vibrant atmosphere we all enjoyed at the MK Stadium. Or, had they really twisted my nipples before I left home I may have been so mardy that the best I might have managed would have been moodiest voter instead of top and fairest.

Thank you all.

All of you may now touch my hem.

Archived