Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AoWW

Tiscali Connection Problems

If anyone else is having problems with their Tiscali broadband connection... finally got through to customer support after being on hold for 40+mins. Yes, there's a major technical fault (that's affecting more or less their whole UK customer base - not just the Ilford, Billericay area as mentioned on their website). It could be anything up to 72 hours before the problem is resolved. No, they haven't added that info to their website to keep customers informed, nor - apparently - had it occurred to them to change their 'on hold' message to explain this and avoid customers hanging on forever. Just wanted to let folks on here know in case they're having the same problem ('cept, chances are they won't be on here if they can't connect to the internet!!!) :P

Many, many times have I threatened to leave Tiscali over their abysmal service and customer care - only laziness and the 'down time' of changing providers has put me off in the past. I'm thinking this could well be the final straw though. :angry:

If anyone else is having problems with their Tiscali broadband connection... finally got through to customer support after being on hold for 40+mins. Yes, there's a major technical fault (that's affecting more or less their whole UK customer base - not just the Ilford, Billericay area as mentioned on their website). It could be anything up to 72 hours before the problem is resolved. No, they haven't added that info to their website to keep customers informed, nor - apparently - had it occurred to them to change their 'on hold' message to explain this and avoid customers hanging on forever. Just wanted to let folks on here know in case they're having the same problem ('cept, chances are they won't be on here if they can't connect to the internet!!!) :P

Many, many times have I threatened to leave Tiscali over their abysmal service and customer care - only laziness and the 'down time' of changing providers has put me off in the past. I'm thinking this could well be the final straw though. :angry:

Good news

I left tiscali too for free

You should be able too, just ask for a "MAC" code if your not aware of this, and when you are applying for a new ISP either on the phone or online type or give them this MAC code and it transfers all your data so its less wait to be transferred :thumbup:

Tiscali are dreadful. You ask them to do the simpliest thing, they say they'll do it, they don't and then wait for you to bring back a few days later. I've not once ever had a succusful dealing with them.

Archived