Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxyPV

Tickets for WBA (A)

If people want details of how to get to the pub or a taxi pre-ordered from pub to ground - PM me.

It's a 10 minute drive from the Hawthorns, and an 8 minute bus journey out of town. :thumbup:

pub with singing and banter please???

From The Football Ground Guide:

There are no pubs for away fans that are particularly close to the ground. The Vine which was popular with away supporters now only admits home fans. Dave Wilson recommends; 'The Park Hotel which is just off junction one of the M5 and a 10 minute walk to the ground. You can park on their car park for £5 and away fans are always welcome. There are plenty of families who meet in here before games and it is a very safe environment. There is also plenty of street parking in and around the area of the hotel if you don't want to pay the £5.'

Sean Mowat a visiting Sheffield United supporter adds; 'As you pass the ground on the right on the main Birmingham Road. Carry on about another half a mile and there is a pub on the right set back off the road called the Royal Oak. We've been in the last two times we've visited WBA. The beer is okay and they also serve Asian food (try the chicken kebabs!). It had a friendly atmosphere'.

Alcohol is also available within the ground (on my last visit £2.30 for a can of Carling or Worthington), along with the Chicken Balti Pie (£2.20).

How do you know? I sent an e-mail this morning and I was starting to get twitchy feet as I'm still waiting for a call!

The ticket allocation on the OS has increased by 477 since it was originally posted, which can be increased further if required.

Emailed them and currently on hold now trying to get tickets!!!!!! Been on hold for over 20 mins..... really want to go to this!!!!!

It started to ring after 30 mins for a message to read: " this call is now being terminated"

The cheek of it!!!!!

I don't think we're leaving Harborough until at least after midday due to work commitments.

Are people heading for central Brum in the afternoon or straight to Hawthorns station then pub near the ground? If you buy a ticket to Birmingham can you get off at New Street and use the same ticket to get to Hawthorns or what? Anyone know?

My ticket has not arrived.

The ticket office appears to be run by monkeys. Monkeys who are too busy diddling themselves to be arsed to answer phones or post out tickets.

I'd phone them - but it'd take another fifteen hours for them to pick up the receiver.

What time train is everyone getting? Thinking about the 11.16.

From Leicester I take it mate? That train time interests me.

I don't think we're leaving Harborough until at least after midday due to work commitments.

Are people heading for central Brum in the afternoon or straight to Hawthorns station then pub near the ground? If you buy a ticket to Birmingham can you get off at New Street and use the same ticket to get to Hawthorns or what? Anyone know?

Yeah the change is at new street so if you get a day return or an off peak return you will be fine to do that. That is what Im planning on doing, no real decent pubs around the ground.

Archived