Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
danielpholt

The NHL Thread

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who's gonna win the cup?

I must have put the kiss of death on them, because as soon as I started paying attention they returned to being pants (think they also had a tougher run of games). I've recently gone back to paying no attention, except for reading the odd email from the leafs offering me tickets to their games and anything else there holding at their arena and it seems there on another 3 game winning streak.

As you say, too little too late, and even if they did sneak 8th, I couldn't see them beating any of the top 5 in a best of 7 series.

Yeah I don't think they have the offense to compete with the likes of the Phlyers or The Caps.

I'm surprised to see the Pens doing so well without Crosby and Malkin, they could even pip Philly off the top in their division.

Just imagine how much better Pittsburgh will be once their two best scorers return to the line-up - I heard Crosby's back in training already.

I'm surprised to see the Pens doing so well without Crosby and Malkin, they could even pip Philly off the top in their division.

Just imagine how much better Pittsburgh will be once their two best scorers return to the line-up - I heard Crosby's back in training already.

He is, & looks great, however as he has had a concussion, they have not put a timeframe for his return. I think the Pens will have to win a series without 87 before we see him again.

Delighted with my Blackhawks :thumbup: Still gotta see of Dallas but it's 1 win from 2 we could clinch 6th, highly doubtful however.

P.S did u catch Raffi Torres hit on Eberle? Shocker! :(

And Pittsburgh have scored the second-most points in their franchise history, and that without their two main star players.

Talking about a team effort. Well done!

Tampa Bay won't be so easy in the first playoff round, though.

Best penalty-killing unit (Pens) vs. league-best powerplay (Thunder).

Oops.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the quarterfinals are coming to a close this week.

In the east:

Washington are 3 v 1 up over the NY Rangers

Buffalo is 3 v 2 up over the Phlyers

Montreal & Boston are tied at 2 each

Pittsburgh are 3 v 1 up over Tampa Bay

In the west:

Vancouver are 3 v 2 up over the Blackhawks

San Jose are 3 v 1 up over the L.A Kings

Detroit beat Phoenix in 4 games

Nashville are 3 v 2 up over Anaheim Ducks

My picks are the Caps, Sabres, Habs & Pens then, The Hawks lol, Sharks, obviously the Wings & Preds

Reason for the upset... 3 nil down then hammering Vancouver in the last 2, its only 2 games, we can do it Keith is a monster at the moment!

Kilworthfox will be happy about Chicago evening the series 3-3.

I'm a bit baffled that Vancouver, the No.1 seed and the team with the best scoring record, are having so much troubles already.

Other than that, C'MON PITTSBURGH!

A win today and they're through to the next round.

Kilworthfox will be happy about Chicago evening the series 3-3.

I'm a bit baffled that Vancouver, the No.1 seed and the team with the best scoring record, are having so much troubles already.

Other than that, C'MON PITTSBURGH!

A win today and they're through to the next round.

You knows it pal :)

3v3 amazing It's going to be close, but if Vancouver do win a 4v3 I will be disapointed but I think the 3 in a row is an amazing comeback from the dead! Duncan Keith is playing outta his skin! Having Seebrook back is a lift, I think we need to thank Raffi Torres & the NHL because since the hit on Seebrook, The Blackhawks have gone out & dominated the Canucks :D

2011? :D

You knows it pal :)

3v3 amazing It's going to be close, but if Vancouver do win a 4v3 I will be disapointed but I think the 3 in a row is an amazing comeback from the dead! Duncan Keith is playing outta his skin! Having Seebrook back is a lift, I think we need to thank Raffi Torres & the NHL because since the hit on Seebrook, The Blackhawks have gone out & dominated the Canucks :D

2011? :D

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! :(

• 4 weeks later...

Comeback of the century!

WPG%20logo.jpg

Make it official, I can't wait.

Now move the Nashville or Phoenix franchise back to Québec and all is forgiven, Gary Bettman.

(Dear Carolina Hurricanes: I wouldn't mind the Whalers back in Hartford, but that remains a distant dream)

Oh and Bah-ston and VanCity in the Stanley Cup Final this year, please.

Edited by Prussian

• 2 weeks later...

GO CANUCKS!

And Winnipeg are now definitely getting their NHL team for the next season - strike!!

It's even getting plenty of media coverage over here what with Jannik Hansen appearing as the first Dane in the Stanley Cup final. From the highlights I've seen, the goaltenders have been magnificent!

I'm biased having lived there for a while.

But to make up for it, you'll love this:

Hahaha, that's priceless Alex, great find. lol

"You know what we have in Boston? BUILDINGS! Fuck that, we want the cup!"

Classic Boston mentality.