Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Crystal Palace.

I know it's early and I know the Ticket and Travel Forum will probably be back soon but i'm trying to get a few things arranged so need some information and was just wondering if others had arranged their travel yet.

Looking to go on the train, Cheapest i've found so far is £34.80, I've looked online and I can go from Leicester change at London Euston get the underground to London Bridge, then a train London Bridge to Selhurst, just been down to the train station and the women (None of the staff down there a very friendly or helpful tbh - But i'm not too sure I trust myself doing it online so wanted to double check at the train station) said I could get one for £34.80 but I could get into London before 12pm and I'd have to make 4 changes.

So any others planning on going on the train - Has anyone looked yet? What route and how much?

Crystal Palace v Leicester City

Saturday 7th August 2010

Kick off 3.00pm

Ticket prices: TBC

Selling details

Priority 1 STH- Mon 26th July

Priority 2 STH - Tues 27th July

Priority 3 STH- Weds 28th July

Members - Thurs 29th July

General Sale - Fri 30th July

Fox Travel

Coaches will depart from the Walkers Stadium at 9.00am.

Fox Travel prices are: Adult STH £19.00, Under 18/Senior STH £17.00, Adult £22.00, Under 18/Senior £20.00.

Dates for when all the Away games go on sale.

I know it's early and I know the Ticket and Travel Forum will probably be back soon but i'm trying to get a few things arranged so need some information and was just wondering if others had arranged their travel yet.

Looking to go on the train, Cheapest i've found so far is £34.80, I've looked online and I can go from Leicester change at London Euston get the underground to London Bridge, then a train London Bridge to Selhurst, just been down to the train station and the women (None of the staff down there a very friendly or helpful tbh - But i'm not too sure I trust myself doing it online so wanted to double check at the train station) said I could get one for £34.80 but I could get into London before 12pm and I'd have to make 4 changes.

So any others planning on going on the train - Has anyone looked yet? What route and how much?

Go on to the trainline website. You can get it for £30 and only 2 changes on that. Means leaving @ 7am and not going from Palace till 9:15pm though.

Alternatively you can book the 7am train for £15 then another from St Pancras at about 10:3pm to Leicester for £12 so you can go elsewhere after the game. :thumbup:

Selhurst isn't really the best station to go to in my opinion. Your best bet is Thornton Heath, which has a Spoons immediately outside and is less than a 10 minute walk away from the ground. Go onto the Trainline as someone else has suggested and you'll save, also if you're under 25 and in FT education I'd advise a 16-25 railcard. I've paid £21.80 for a return to and from St. Pancras and will probably get a London travelcard on the day to get me to Thornton Heath, which will likely be less than a tenner.

Selhurst isn't really the best station to go to in my opinion. Your best bet is Thornton Heath, which has a Spoons immediately outside and is less than a 10 minute walk away from the ground. Go onto the Trainline as someone else has suggested and you'll save, also if you're under 25 and in FT education I'd advise a 16-25 railcard. I've paid £21.80 for a return to and from St. Pancras and will probably get a London travelcard on the day to get me to Thornton Heath, which will likely be less than a tenner.

Ah ok, Well I just thought Selhurst because when I went last time (3 years ago) I went to Crystal Palace (Y'no seeing as we we're playing Crystal Palace I imagined Crystal Palace would be the station to go to) but no, I ended up having to walk miles to get to anywhere near the stadium, popped in a few pubs along the way, a few dodgy pubs, in what felt a really rough area - Walked in one pub and felt like I was in a film, I walked in and it felt like the whole pub just went quiet, turned a looked at me in my Leicester shirt (I'm a disabled you see, Wearing a shirt :whistle:), I soon turned around and left.

But anyway yeah i'll check out Thornton Heath.

And it seems the trainline is the way forward, is that only availiable to buy online? Why is the price difference to at the train station? Because it's online?

if you leave for london at 6am and get the coach back at 10pm its £9 return national express and of course tube tickets which are around 7 quid.

also checked the train direct from Victoria to Thornton heath is £3.70.

even if you left leics at 9 and got the coach back at 7 still works out cheaper than fox travel :)

I told the Gf were going London for the weekend in august and she got proper excited. Said we'd go shopping and what not. Then I told her the real reason is for palace away :)

going on the Friday night (this is only if I manage to get tickets for this)

£7.50 for a zone 1-6 travel card, which goes down to a fiver if you have a YP railcard. You can get a zone 1-4 railcard for £6.30, which is ideal if you're getting the train to Euston/St Pancras and then travelling across London to Thornton Heath/Selhurst. You can't get a YP discount on that though.

£7.50 for a zone 1-6 travel card, which goes down to a fiver if you have a YP railcard. You can get a zone 1-4 railcard for £6.30, which is ideal if you're getting the train to Euston/St Pancras and then travelling across London to Thornton Heath/Selhurst. You can't get a YP discount on that though.

Thanks Alex. :thumbup:

Wasn't too sure about the exact details.

Thanks Alex. :thumbup:

Wasn't too sure about the exact details.

Of course, the best thing is to get an Oyster Card, and attach your YP railcard to it. That way you're guaranteed the cheapest rate for the day. You have to pay £3 deposit though (which you can get back)

Of course, the best thing is to get an Oyster Card, and attach your YP railcard to it. That way you're guaranteed the cheapest rate for the day. You have to pay £3 deposit though (which you can get back)

Wunderbar.

Will just get the coach there much more easy

Much less fun though...

What Fosse Boy said.

And to be honest, the area around Selhurst Park ain't all that great which kind of negates the point of a London away day. Honestly, getting the train to St. Pancras and then making the way to Thornton Heath yourself is hassle free and you'll have a much better time on the way. If you catch the coach, you'll leave with no idea why we wax lyrical over Palace away.

For any fans that live over Milton Keynes way, you can get a direct train to Thorton Heath station.

Yeah I saw last night when looking on the trainline.com that I could get a Open Return for £34 and there is a train at about 10am from Nuneaton (where i'd be going from) changing at MK then straight through to Selhurst (Or no doubt could get to Thornton Heath not checked that)

So how far is Thornton Heath away from Selhurst or Selhurst Park? Is it closer? Alot further?

Where will the majority of Leicester fans (Of here) be going to?

Will just get the coach there much more easy

Alot less fun, and no drink.

Yeah I saw last night when looking on the trainline.com that I could get a Open Return for £34 and there is a train at about 10am from Nuneaton (where i'd be going from) changing at MK then straight through to Selhurst (Or no doubt could get to Thornton Heath not checked that)

So how far is Thornton Heath away from Selhurst or Selhurst Park? Is it closer? Alot further?

Selhurst is a little bit closer than Thornton Heath, although most people tend to do Thornton Heath though, because there's a cheap pub by the station, and it's also the stop before Selhurst. In my experience this is the station most Leicester fans head precisely for those reasons. If you look at this map (it's a PDF), and look in square E4 you can see Thornton Heath and Selhurst, and also which stations you can get to them from (London Bridge and Victoria). If you follow the black line that goes through Thornton Heath and Selhurst you can see it leaves the map in square A3 "to Hemel Hempstead", which I'm guessing is the train that heads to/from Milton Keynes.

Alot less fun, and no drink.

8.04 from nuneaton is where its at.

I wonder if we'll be allowed back in Leicester Square Wetherspoons....

I'm sure they won't remember us!

That slightly camp bar manager from Yates's next door might. Don't think he liked our singing. :whistle:

I wonder if we'll be allowed back in Leicester Square Wetherspoons....

I'm sure they won't remember us!

They didn't recognise me last Friday. :beer:

That slightly camp bar manager from Yates's next door might. Don't think he liked our singing. :whistle:

lol

And that mongy Chelsea fan who was claiming he was the manager too.

8.04 from nuneaton is where its at.

Yeah was looking at that Spoon's breakfast then off to Palace.

Dunno tempted to go to London Euston/Tubes/Selhurst or Thornton Heath just cos thats probably the route i'd be getting home on (Obviously opposite ways though) and if I go on the route i'd know the crack on the way home, i'll decide later, atleast I know what options i've got and prices.

Does anyone know if the Open Return prices on the trainline.com of £34.80 will rise closer to the date?

Can't go to this! I got to Leicester on the 6th for the wedding and go back on the 8th, if only it was a home game!!! :cry:

Inconsiderate bastards.

I'm going to a wedding next year, but its on the Friday the day before the season starts (Providing the season starts the 1st weekend of August as it normally does...unless of course we get promoted this season and it'll then be a week before the start of the season in that case). So i'll be hungover not doubt but won't miss the first game, top marks to them :thumbup:

Archived