Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Crystal Palace.

In case these subjects haven't been explored enough..... :P

(a) Most people readily admit Fox Travel is a good way for fans (especially those of certain ages and situations) to get to and from away fixtures. I used to use it all the time before I could drive. What they do say, that seems to annoy the hell out of certain posters on here, is that they have a better time traveling by other means. I don't see where Fox Travel is made out to be 'instantly shit' there. Expensive, restricting and tedious maybe, but not shit.

(b) At MK Dons, I stood next to a disabled in a suit who didn't even celebrate Gradel's goal. He shouldn't have been there. People like Kilworth missed out because a load of part-timers decided they'd show up seeing as Cov was off the menu. Now I'm not saying people who don't go to every game aren't 'real fans' and that they're 'just part-timers'. That's stupid. But in my opinion it's only human nature to feel that the club and the good times and memories it generates belongs to fans who put in the effort to make every game more than those who pick and choose when they feel like it.

© Paying £17 to see a meaningless, glorified training session in, let's face it, a shithole is nothing short of lunatic. Fair enough some might want to go and stand on their terrace for the last time but when there's only a couple of hundred on there it'll feel like any other soulless yard. Talk about protests is a bit farfetched 'cos nothing will ever change as a result. In fact it'll only encourage them to put up prices further as they seek to minimise their costs and maximise their gains from those who still choose to go.

(d) Can't really argue with the bottom one, other than from a fashion point of view.

I prefer rail travel on awaydays (especially London ones) because...

a) I'm a massive trainspotter who likes to look at the Eurostars in St. Pancras

b) You haven't lived until you've sung the 12 Days of Ormondroyd on a Piccadilly Line train crammed with commuters

This may sound contradictory, but:

Whereas I thought what NSLL was said was fair, so are these. Each person is different and have their own ways of going to games. I go on Fox Travel and I go on the train. I sometimes wear a shirt and I sometimes don't. If people want to call me names, then so be it, that's up to them. It doesn't bother me and it shouldn't bother anyone else.

If you don't think £17 is ridiculous for a friendly, ask yourself how much you paid to go there in an important League game last season. £14 was it? If I wasn't working away, I still wouldn't have gone.

12 days of Ormondroyd is even better walking round Victoria tube station! :P

This may be a silly question, but I just wanted to know why so many people dislike Fox Travel? I have never used it before so dont have any opinion on it really, but just wondered why some people have that view.

Just my opinion, which has also been summed up by C-Man and Tommeh, as usual.

The social side is what does it for me. Fair enough you can sit next to a mate on Fox Travel but it just isn't the same for me. The social aspect of roaming around the ground and town of the team usually makes the day for me.

Also, it's good to see NSLL knows what the deal is.

Pretty sure it stops at MHR at 9.12, Dave. :thumbup:

Myself and chloe are on that one james, same time in and out if you're on the 1925?

Sweet. I think I made a mistake when I wrote that on the other thread a while back - 19.55 is what my booking reference brings up! :/

Does it really matter the method of transportation when going to an away game? I mean seriously?

Some people wll base their day on:

a) Price

b) Day out

c) Seeing Leicester City

Or a combination of all 3. I dont think anyone should be singled out for going on the Fox Travel or on the train or the car or a f"cking push bike or whatever, it doesn't make anyone superior to anyone else. At the end of the day, the main thing is the game and as long as the away end is packed with city fans then who gives a monkeys how you got down there.

It's personal choice. I am going on the Fox Travel for the Palace game - purely because it will work out cheaper for me. i want to go, see the game and go home. I'm not bothered about the big day out riding on tubes, getting plastered and spending the day in the pub.

I am going to london the following month for a night out so I can do all that banter then. if i wasn't in that situation then I probably would have gone earlier, on the train and got on the lash lol

Everyone should respect personal preference and it takes a narrow minded person to label someone because of their choice of transport!

Does it really matter the method of transportation when going to an away game? I mean seriously?

Some people wll base their day on:

a) Price

b) Day out

c) Seeing Leicester City

Or a combination of all 3. I dont think anyone should be singled out for going on the Fox Travel or on the train or the car or a f"cking push bike or whatever, it doesn't make anyone superior to anyone else. At the end of the day, the main thing is the game and as long as the away end is packed with city fans then who gives a monkeys how you got down there.

It's personal choice. I am going on the Fox Travel for the Palace game - purely because it will work out cheaper for me. i want to go, see the game and go home. I'm not bothered about the big day out riding on tubes, getting plastered and spending the day in the pub.

I am going to london the following month for a night out so I can do all that banter then. if i wasn't in that situation then I probably would have gone earlier, on the train and got on the lash lol

Everyone should respect personal preference and it takes a narrow minded person to label someone because of their choice of transport!

This.

:appl:

Archived