Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
gagandeep

Millwall match thread

You mean people who have exactly the same opinion as you? you'll never find a messageboard to suit you if thats the case. Other people have different views - i've learnt this, there was a time no one agreed with me on anything, but i didnt go running off cause it wasnt what i wanted to hear.

LADS! 3rd game, wow we lost. Hopefully this will get the players up for the fight now. 3RD GAME

11756[/snapback]

yeah im still confident , im just not joining the anti adams brigade

The most frustrating thing about today is that we saw it coming (I know it's easy to say 'I told you so' after matches but in this case I think most people did). We knew that Micky needed to drop Blake, start with Gudjonsson etc, we knew that with Wise in midfield we needed someone to battle for the ball, and we needed some passion. Micky seems to have believed his own hype in this case and decided we were unbeatable... on the radio they kept saying 'unchanged from the side that beat Derby' but the side that beat Derby had Trev, Joey and Gillespie in. Today's side only managed a draw. I hope we see a well thought-out side against Watford and not just the same players from today + Canero at RB.

On the Benjamin issue... We all know that Trev isn't the best player, in fact he's usually just pretty comical, no-one is suggesting we play him ahead of Dublin. He played 15 minutes against Derby and scored, compared to Blake's 75 minutes. Blake's lack of fitness coupled with Trev's success should have seen Trev starting today, how are you supposed to get players to try if you don't reward their success?

It is only three games into the season, so the actual defeat means nothing at the moment (and hopefully it won’t come back to haunt us), if Micky has learnt from his mistakes then it might even work out in our favour in the long-run, but only if he has learnt. It's killed the (unrealistic) optimism most people were guilty of, myself included, thinking that we were going to beat everyone and finish on 130 points, if Micky was believing his own hype I think we were too. There is no need to attack Micky at this time of the season just because we've been defeated once, attack him if it keeps happening.

fair comment , i think blake/wilcox/stewart are shit like the rest of you , but adams is the manager and i trust him , at the end of the season we will be there or there abouts , will he be god again? 90% of city fans are fully behind adams

LADS! 3rd game, wow we lost. Hopefully this will get the players up for the fight now. 3RD GAME

11756[/snapback]

yeah im still confident , im just not joining the anti adams brigade

11758[/snapback]

nope nor am I. Sorry who got us back to the premiership last time.....???? O thought so

nope nor am I. Sorry who got us back to the premiership last time.....???? O thought so

11769[/snapback]

shame that it dosent seem to be enough to the minority on here

Guest Daniel

He got us to the premiership, we were second favourites.

Now it shows how good he is,k hes had time to make his own team and look, there shit so far.

All the Adams fans will bring the old 'no money' excuse up, but good managers dont need it, look at Dowie.

Wise hasnt had money and he's doing alight, at least theyve got team spirit.

Guest Guest

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I would have tempted to start with Scowcroft up front and Gillespie on the right,not that I'm a fan of either,or maybe Nalis on the right with Gudjohnson and Williams in the middle.Blake obviousley isn't fit wether he is good enough when fit is debatable but I'll wait and see.Today's back 4 lack any pace,Canero should at least be given a chance next week,I'm hoping/believing that he will take that chance.I think until the returns of Tiatto and Morris( if ever)then MA has little option than Wilcox & Stewart but if this must be then surely Stewart LB and Wilcox LW.Benjamin may well have scored a terrific goal on Wednesday but lets not forget the 10 times we've seen him in that position before and he tripped over the ball or himself,I've tried to like Trev I really have but he just isn't up to it,I'd prefer Wright or O'Grady on the bench and surely Stearman.But it really is early days I doubt MA knows is strongest 11 yet,I'll give it 6 games before judging the side etc.A few things do seem obvious even at this early stage,we don't need to lose Dublin for too many games,Williams and Nalis in the middle doesn't work and Wilcox is no more a left back than Pressman is slimmer of the Year.3 points against Watford and things will look better.

for god sake, 3rd game. I'd prefer to lose to Milwall now rather than later on in season. This will get the players up for the rest of the season because its step in the wrong direction and against Watford we will take 2 steps in the right direction. If we win that game everyone will shut up about the Adams thing. I have already said this once tonight 3RD GAME

Guest Guest
He got us to the premiership, we were second favourites.

Now it shows how good he is,k hes had time to make his own team and look, there shit so far.

All the Adams fans will bring the old 'no money' excuse up, but good managers dont need it, look at Dowie.

Wise hasnt had money and he's doing alight, at least theyve got team spirit.

11775[/snapback]

Guest Daniel
for god sake, 3rd game. I'd prefer to lose to Milwall now rather than later on in season. This will get the players up for the rest of the season because its step in the wrong direction and against Watford we will take 2 steps in the right direction. If we win that game everyone will shut up about the Adams thing. I have already said this once tonight 3RD GAME

I dont think so, ive been saying he aint got a clue since we were in the premiership.

Adams aint got a clue. He has signed some good players this eason but he just cant manage the team when they are the pitch. He plays the wrong team. And makes stupid subs when not needed alot.

And when he doesn't make them you lot **** moan about him, and give him credit for wednesday night, his subs were spot on.

11787[/snapback]

Correct, and i remember giving him credit. Shame he didnt learn from this good decision he made and built on it..

I've been to the game today, and all I can say is shocking.

Nathan Blake - He was awful. Held the ball up well sometimes, but gave it away on almost every occasion when looking to either feed Connolly, or to bring other's in to play. No pace, no fitness, no attitude. Didn't win anything in the air, mainly because he never challenged for it. Very lethargic and uninterested.

Wilcox - Defending was poor, distribution was shocking and extremely slow. Can't wait for Tiatto to return.

Keown and Dabizas struggled to cope with Danny Dichio, not a good sign.

Stewart was woeful. Dodgy defending, kept giving the ball away.

Williams and Nalis were totally over run by Morris and Wise - Not a great decision to play those two against two battlers - Poor tactical decision there.

Makin was our best player, despite the sending off. He was the only one who looked assured defending and distributed it with some sort of accuracy.

Guest Guest

The solution to this is obvious - I vote we sack Adams now, and put the renowned footballing geniuses that are Petrescu, Blue Mistress and True Blue in charge. :wacko: :blink: :wacko:

Conference football, anyone???

:unsure:

KEEP THE FECKIN FAITH!!! We WILL win the league! :D

Adams aint got a clue. He has signed some good players this eason but he just cant manage the team when they are the pitch. He plays the wrong team. And makes stupid subs when not needed alot.

11786[/snapback]

Yeah and everyone was saying the same thing about Martin O'Neill, and in the end that was one of the underlying reasons he left...because of the fan's initial reaction to him. MA has put up with more than any manager has had to at this club. He also presided over a season where we got promoted in the face of administration (might I add also our best points tally). Try supporting the club, specifically its manager. Its much more fun than trying to tear it to pieces.

We are supposed to be LCFC supporters, so can someone give me a logical reason as to why we should all start looking for a witch to burn...teams lose all the time and no one is going to have a 100% record this year in this division. I think that we can change this into a positive in the next game, but to do that the club will need its SUPPORTERS. So please I am begging you, putdown the flaming torches and join me in trusting the manager...he is a good one, despite what some might say. I honestly think certain individuals on this site want Adams to fail just so they can trip on their own sense of self importance, just so they can say, 'see I told you'...thats just plain sad!

Its been a long week for the players. I don't offer that as an excuse, but I do think we should give them the benefit of the doubt this time

Archived