Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Reserves v Oldham Tonight @ Quorn FC 7.00pm

Was well worth going to. Lamey looked great at right back, and I would expect him to start on Saturday despite Neilson heroic performances of late!

He was composed at the back and looked good going forward, both his and Berner experience was defiantly clear to see. Shame we didn't see more of Vitor, however in the 15 minutes or so he was on he didn't do anything wrong.

Chambers, John, Parkes, Moore, Taft, Verma All looked like they could be competing for a starting place this season. In all fairness we were well worth the 2-1 win and probably should have scored more. But I saw enough to have confidence in a number of the squad last night to make an impression at some point in the season.

It was great to see Paulo at the game, however he took a step back and left it to Chrissy P and Beaglehole. It was interesting standing near the subs bench, hearing Powell shouting instruction. The emphasis really being on finding a yellow shirt and keeping possession.

With about 20 minutes to go went converted from 4-4-2 to 4-5-1 with Milnes playing the sitting midfielder. I have a feeling with the signing of Moreno we could well be seeing this in the first team. Two attacking wingers either side of a 5 man midfield supporting to sole striker, whilst Moreno staying back in the middle also giving King the license to get into the box.

Archived