Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Reserves v Oldham Tonight @ Quorn FC 7.00pm

Interesting that Bruno is in the squad for this, yet Kennedy played left back last night in the Carling Cup. If Bruno needs match sharpness, I'd have thought that was more likely to come from the relatively competitive Macclesfield side rather than Oldham's reserves. My guess is that it's more to do with Sousa wanting a proper look at Kennedy against relatively serious opposition, and that meaning that Bruno is 'available' to play tonight which, given our relatively small squad, effectively means he has to play. On that basis I'm almost surprised Chris Weale isn't named in the squad.

Guest Mee-9

Ashley Chambers, apparently.

Miguel Vitor off already - injured, or maybe just precautionary.

Yup Chambers scored.

And Vitors gone off injured.

We played well, Chambers took both of his goals well. Parkes was solid at the back and won 99% of headers. Verma looked decent in the middle alongside Milnes. Bruno looked solid during the first half, making some good passes, but still not fully match fit. Craig King looked good up front winning the majority of the headers. Shame Vitor had to go off around the 20 to 30 minute mark but it did not look serious at all and looked more of a precautionary measure than anything else, looked solid before he came off, nothing spectacular to note but solid nevertheless. The same can be said for Lamey. Luke O'Neill failed to impress in the second half, getting too far forward at times and leaving the defence stretched in his absence. Taft at RB looked good going forward and made 1 or 2 great touches and he's HUGE. Overall, a good, solid performance which shows definate promise for the years to come.

Archived