Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ousefox

John Lennon, 70

• 1 month later...

Today sadly marks 30 years since the death of an international hero and genius; John Lennon.

You may have different views on him, but there is no doubt that his music, either with The Beatles or his own solo work, was sensational. Songs that he wrote (obviously with the Beatles, they were always credited to Lennon/McCartney), such as 'I Feel Fine', 'Ticket To Ride', 'Strawberry Fields Forever', 'Come Together', 'Instant Karma' and 'Imagine', were top class and second to none - the list can go on, I mean I didn't include my personal Lennon solo favourite 'Mind Games'.

His music, ecspecially as a Beatle, has continued to inspire millions across the World, some of which have gone on to form bands; The Jam and Oasis are prime examples.

On a personal note though, the music has inspired me. I think John's voice was so unique. It makes me happy and feel good listening to his songs. But it can also make me emotional that such a man and genius was taken away from us, the World, in just seconds. (Even though I wasn't alive then).

imagine1.jpg

Lets hope his solo music and music with The Beatles continues to inspire generation after generation.

Rest In Peace.

beatles-1964-john-lennon-1964.jpg

• 10 months later...

Archived