Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Late trains for City fans tested

Merc

Football fans will be able to use a late-evening train service next week after a match at the Walkers Stadium.

East Midlands Trains will try out the service after the home games against Norwich next Tuesday and Crystal Palace on Tuesday, April 12.

Tickets cost from £3 for the service, which will depart Leicester at 10.22pm and call at Syston, Sileby, Barrow on Soar and Loughborough, arriving at 10.43pm.

Jayne Moyses, spokeswoman for East Midlands Trains, said: "Travelling by train to matches provides an easy and hassle-free way for supporters to follow their club.

"This will provide a new opportunity for Foxes fans living outside the city to travel home by train after an evening game.

"We've been working closely with Leicester City to promote the service."

If the trial proves successful, the service will be rolled out for every Leicester City home evening game next season.

Jamie Tabor, media and marketing manager at Leicester City, said: "It is great that East Midlands Trains has decided to run this trial service, which I am sure will be well received by our supporters."

I live in Nuneaton so no problems getting trains there for a night game, the only problem have is that I think the 21:49 to Birmingham New Street should be moved 22:00, as if you miss the 21:49 it's a 35 mins wait for a train. Really they should think about building a railway station next to Waterloo Way oppisite the park on the bridge. As both the Rugby club & Football club could benefit having the station, just using the service on matchdays.

Archived