john_lcfc Posted 7 June 2005 Posted 7 June 2005 we all want england to win but who do you think will win ? hmmm <_< i genuineley think we have a decent enough chance this year to win..
Matt Posted 7 June 2005 Posted 7 June 2005 I ain't into Cricket obviously i'll support England but I don't really give shit if the truths known! However when I was in Australia, everyone I spoke to said we had a very good chance this year, and most of you probably don't realise how hard it is for Australians to admit things such as this! So going on that theory we must have a good chance!
Cat Burger Posted 7 June 2005 Posted 7 June 2005 Harmison is going to be crucial I think, he played well against Bangladesh but if he doesn't recreate that form I think it will be hard to see us winning, Hoggard needs to improve...
Knighton Matt Posted 7 June 2005 Posted 7 June 2005 well i'm half australian, half english so as a true impartial (well in saying that i'd like england to win!) i'm going for the aussies due to their winning mentality but if england keep the nucleus of a very good side maybe 4 years down the line england might just win the ashes.
natas Posted 8 June 2005 Posted 8 June 2005 I'm actually hoping England wins this series, and I think they have a fair chance too. Cricket over here has become really boring over here watching Australia win easily every match, it would be nice to have a close competition for once.
C-man Posted 8 June 2005 Posted 8 June 2005 i realy hope England will win this series, because its their best chance in years. But i still think the Aussies will raise their game and will make it extremely hard for England to win. The key is Harmison, if he doesnt take wickets, England won't win. Simple as.
Shum Posted 8 June 2005 Posted 8 June 2005 This is a good a chance for England to win the Ashes than ever before. I would love to see England win, however I think the Aussies are just too good and they are drilled to win... It will I think be a closer series than any of the recent ones. Really looking forward to it
surrifox Posted 8 June 2005 Posted 8 June 2005 I can't see us bowling them out often enough to win the series and apart from Harmison the seam attack is not established or settled on. Also Giles may not be fit and he has been a revelation of late. We bat with much more depth than in the past and I suspect if we can get the monkey off our backs about McGrath and warne who are both getting on a bit they will struggle to bowl us out cheaply. I go for at least 3 draws in the series so it's vital we take any chances that fall our way
Random Burglar Posted 8 June 2005 Posted 8 June 2005 I have faith, but not sure if we have enough depth in the squad to succeed!!!!!
Guest Posted 8 June 2005 Posted 8 June 2005 England are due a win, and this is the first time in years we look like we have a chance!
john_lcfc Posted 8 June 2005 Author Posted 8 June 2005 We'll lose, we always do 120667[/snapback] you clearly arent a cricket fan are you.. we have won are last 10 home tests in a row but i admit the ashes havent been in england for ages
Alexikokopops Posted 8 June 2005 Posted 8 June 2005 We'll lose, we always do 120667[/snapback] you clearly arent a cricket fan are you.. we have won are last 10 home tests in a row but i admit the ashes havent been in england for ages 120823[/snapback] Cobbo could have just been refering to us always losing the Ashes.
toonboy Posted 8 June 2005 Posted 8 June 2005 Aussies 2-1 or 3-1 i think, depending on the weather. They just seem to have that killer instinct. They can bowl a team out for 100 or someone can hit a century in no time when they really,really need it. England have improved immensely since the last ashes but have a habit of bottling it. The key men for England will be Strauss, Vaughan, Flintoff and Harmison. If they all perform we really have a chance. It's our best chance for a long time but i still think the gap between the sides is a bit bigger than people think. Having said that- Come On England!
Nationwider Posted 8 June 2005 Posted 8 June 2005 The key men for England will be Strauss, Vaughan, Flintoff and Harmison. If they all perform we really have a chance.It's our best chance for a long time but i still think the gap between the sides is a bit bigger than people think. Having said that- Come On England! 120903[/snapback] All good points. I think England's batting has improved considerably over the past two seasons, especially with the emergence of Strauss and Flintoff finally producing the goods at 6. The problem is that I can't see us being able to bowl the Aussies out twice in too mnay games. Harmison is going to have to really put it together for the whole series, and if we get any bowling injuries (Giles, Jones???), we've not got any class back-up, I'm afraid. 3-1 Australia.
Cobbo Posted 8 June 2005 Posted 8 June 2005 ,Jun 8 2005, 5:08 PM] We'll lose, we always do 120667[/snapback] you clearly arent a cricket fan are you.. we have won are last 10 home tests in a row but i admit the ashes havent been in england for ages 120823[/snapback] Cobbo could have just been refering to us always losing the Ashes. 120829[/snapback] Thank you Alex. I am a huge cricket fan L1boy. I also play the sport and once had county trials...Oooo, get me! B)
Nationwider Posted 8 June 2005 Posted 8 June 2005 I also play the sport and once had county trials...Oooo, get me! B) 121096[/snapback] I played for the county as a nipper (U11-U13). Unfortunately, I became crapper and crapper, and am now an unfit jobber who occasionally turns out for pub sides. I'm the Gazza of Cricket! Cricket on Sunday afters though. Sun, cake, sun, bit of a bat, down the pub. Can't be beat!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.