Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kiwifox6

Walkers debut!

Hi all, newby here so go easy. not sure if im in the right place to be asking this but ah well.

Im a city fan in New Zealand, and will be doing a bit of travel through Europe later this year. and my top priority is to see Leicester play at the walkers! (yes im serious....im from NZ..... its small.....we dont have much to aim for.....)

Anyway, was just after a bit of info as to whats the best way to get to games? best places to sit? best way to buy tickets? best place to chug a beer before hand?

Any information would be amazing.

One thing is that i may have to bring my other half along so i suppose i should think of her when selecting where in the stadium to get tickets, i don't want her first football experience to be one that she then holds against me til LCFC win the Champions League.

We will be in the U.K for about a month, i was thinking maybe spend 2-3 nights in Leicester around the game-day.

But yeah any advice or information would be superb!

Cant wait to see my latest heroes play! who-ever it is wearing blue this year! Having been waiting for this ever since seeing us fight back to draw 3-3 with arsenhole on tv here, thus igniting my love for the Foxes.

Anyway, was just after a bit of info as to whats the best way to get to games? best places to sit? best way to buy tickets? best place to chug a beer before hand?

Buses run frequently to near the ground and the train station is a 20-minute walk away.

Best place to sit is probably the Kop as the main singing sections in the East Stand are season-ticket only. You get a good view anywhere in the ground though.

In person I would say, but that may be difficult depending on where you stay. Phone or e-mail otherwise.

Several pubs near the ground- Swan and Rushes, Robert Peel, Polar Bear and Counting House are popular.

haha, such an amateur! as soon as i posted i saw the the thread above! sorry guys, thanks for your help though!!!!! and yes we all speak like that :D

I stayed at the Travel Lodge as it was cheap and in town and an easy 15 minute walk to the ground. Enjoy the experience :thumbup:

haha, such an amateur! as soon as i posted i saw the the thread above! sorry guys, thanks for your help though!!!!! and yes we all speak like that :D

There is a hotel right next to the ground you know - it's a Holiday Inn I think. That would be rather sad though.

If you're also planning other places to go around the UK, can I suggest Newcastle is a great night out and defintely worth fitting in if you can.

Archived