Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

3 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Whats the difference between super welter weight and light middle weight kiddo?

Depends which belt you box for :thumbup:

But technically nothing.....

But whether you're fighting at light welter, welter or super welter, you're still a welter.

It requires a 'step up' to middleweight.

You ever admit when you're wrong?

Andrade needs to 'step up' to fight GGG.

Just now, Grewks said:

Depends which belt you box for :thumbup:

But technically nothing.....

But whether you're fighting at light welter, welter or super welter, you're still a welter.

It requires a 'step up' to middleweight.

You ever admit when you're wrong?

Andrade needs to 'step up' to fight GGG.

So, in your opinion if you fight at light middleweight you're a welter. Back that opinion up with "facts" please

SUPER WELTERWEIGHT154 LBS/ 69.85) KGS

WBA SUPER CHAMPION ERISLANDY LARA CUB  

WBA WORLD CHAMPION JACK CULCAY GER  
Won Title 05-05-15
Last Defense 05-21-16

WBC JERMELL CHARLO
IBF JERMALL CHARLOWBO SAUL ALVAREZ
1 BRIAN CARLOS CASTANO INTERIM CHAMP ARG
2 DEMETRIUS ANDRADE   USA
3 MICHEL SORO INT FRA
4 KANAT ISLAM LAC KAZ
5 BRANDON COOK NABA CAN
6 JARRETT HURD   USA
7 TONY HARRISON   USA
8 ERICKSON LUBIN   USA
9 LIAM WILLIAMS   GBR
10 JOHN VERA   USA
11 TERRELL GAUSHA   USA
12 YOSHIRO KAMEGAI   JPN
13 SERGEY RABCHENKO   BLR
14 JEISON ROSARIO   DOM
15 STEVEN MARTINEZ   PUR

Quite funny that the WBA hasn't updated the official site though...

Maybe that's why you got it wrong lol

15 minutes ago, Grewks said:

He was fighting at super welterweight though.....

WBA.

Well now he has WBA champion what's next for him johnny? Do you think he go after Gomez

<45 mins downtime while Grewks tries tfind boxers called Gomez on Wikipedia>

Edited by Manwell Pablo

7 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Well now he has WBA champion what's next for him johnny? Do you think he go after Gomez?

He has to step up, given his size and the names at the level above....although i've seen very little of him.....and don't know who Gomez is.

Tbf, he was fighting against a guy who, given his size, should really try and get down to 'welter'weight.....he's too small and has too little power, but a good chin.

Super-welter really isn't my division tbh. I only watched it as a few guys on a boxing forum i'm on suggested he is capable of stepping up and beating GGG. lol

For welter's, then welterweight is my preferred level, helps that their is more names their, even though so few fights have been able to be made due to Brook wanting the $$$ fight with GGG, Khan wanting to fight everyone above him despite having a poor chin and not being top 5 at welterweight.

At least Thurman v Garcia put an end to that, but it was pretty timid imo. Expected Garcia to put up more of a fight, Thurman just looked classier and did what he wanted when he wanted.

Edited by Grewks

8 minutes ago, Grewks said:

He has to step up, given his size and the names at the level above....although i've seen very little of him.....and don't know who Gomez is.

Tbf, he was fighting against a guy who, given his size, should really try and get down to 'welter'weight.....he's too small and has too little power, but a good chin.

Super-welter really isn't my division tbh. I only watched it as a few guys on a boxing forum i'm on suggested he is capable of stepping up and beating GGG. lol

For welter's, then welterweight is my preferred level, helps that their is more names their, even though so few fights have been able to be made due to Brook wanting the $$$ fight with GGG, Khan wanting to fight everyone above him despite having a poor chin and not being top 5 at welterweight.

At least Thurman v Garcia put an end to that, but it was pretty timid imo. Expected Garcia to put up more of a fight, Thurman just looked classier and did what he wanted when he wanted.

I'm not talking about last weeks news johnny. But carry on, what are predictions for the golovkin fight at the weekend.

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I'm not talking about last weeks news johnny. But carry on, what are predictions for the golovkin fight at the weekend.

Only a fool would bet anything other than a GGG KO.

Apparently he's lined up to face Saunders later in the year in his home country....apparently some form of 'political' thing.

Edit: And if you want my predictions for that, another Golovkin KO.

Edited by Grewks

1 minute ago, Grewks said:

Only a fool would bet anything other than a GGG KO.

Apparently he's lined up to face Saunders later in the year in his home country....apparently some form of 'political' thing.

Edit: And if you want my predictions for that, another Golovkin KO.

Ok your thoughts on the crolla fight?

6 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Why?

Always fancy the winner of the first in a rematch.

Edit: Was in a game of fifa so i will give you more detail...

From the first it was pretty clear that Linares is the classier fighter and has more power. He hurt crolla, and i think he could KO him this time around.

Edited by Grewks

14 minutes ago, Grewks said:

Always fancy the winner of the first in a rematch.

Which would be the opinion of man who knows nothing about boxing. Give me seven good examples of fighters winning against

the same opponent in a direct rematch In the history of boxing. Carl frotch and Lenox Lewis exempt as too obvious 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

3 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Which would be the opinion of man who knows nothing about boxing. Give me seveb good examples of fighters winning against

the same opponent in a direct rematch In the history of boxing. Carl frotch and Lenox Lewis exempt as too obvious 

I could give you a list of pros and cons for both fighters with regards to what they have to do if you want....to prove i actually watched their first fight. (Kind of like a 'breakdown' if you will).

But it's a well known fact in boxing that boxers who won the initial fight are likely to win the rematch. You only have to look through history....so any fight i give you can just say 'oh you googled this'.

e.g. Chris Eubank SR's defeats to big Steve.

oh snap, almost forgot his fights with Carl Thompson, but he was pretty washed up then tbf. That stupid bloody tour Bazza took him on didn't help.

Edited by Grewks

Hell, i'll do it anyway.

Crolla v Linares all depends on Linares imo.

Before the rematch, everyone seems to be claiming Crolla will win because 'Linares won't be able to dig as deep as last time'.

Well.....

1) They thought Linares would be washed up last time.

2) Imagine the confidence Linares took from winning, he now knows he isn't 'washed up'.

3) Linares clearly has more experience, skill and power.

Of course, if Linares hasn't got 'one more in him', Crolla can take it.

Initial fight was a 50/50 for me, but after seeing Linares's performance first time, it's 80/20 for me in this one....at least. Think he will stop Crolla though.

2 minutes ago, Grewks said:

I could give you a list of pros and cons for both fighters with regards to what they have to do if you want....to prove i actually watched their first fight. (Kind of like a 'breakdown' if you will).

But it's a well known fact in boxing that boxers who won the initial fight are likely to win the rematch. You only have to look through history....so any fight i give you can just say 'oh you googled this'.

e.g. Chris Eubank SR's defeat to big Steve.

Well off the top of my Hampton Santa Cruz and Bradley manny. Your go.