Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I only bully you Gavin, and that's because I know I can get away with it because non of the moderators like you.  

They love me nowadays, I haven't been banned since 2014.

9 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I only bully you Gavin, and that's because I know I can get away with it because non of the moderators like you.  

In all honesty, the stuff that some people seemingly get banned for and some people DONT get banned for seems bizarre to me. 

Edited by Col city fan

10 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

You weren't watching the fight lol you only started watching boxing a week ago.

No they don't lol and surely I don't have to explain why either?

Everyone knows I can't spell for shit, I can barley spell Ranieri consistently. You're getting a bit desperate now Grewkes.

'World Class' lol put the stawmen away it's embarrassing. 

Didn't realise Haye fought Valuev a week ago.....

I could go on and on about past fights i've watched tbh. Not a 'hardcore' boxing fan, but i've seen my fair share of Brits win/challenge for world titles, including Khan, Brook, Haye, Fury, Joshua etc.

I find it amusing you claim that PPV results essentially 'don't matter'. 

If you're trying to claim that Bellew only attracted these high figures because of the reputation of Haye, it's irrelevant, because lets face it...

1) Bellew sold the fight better than Haye, and actually called Haye out.

2) Wilder would have earned more $$$ fighting Haye in the US, than any of his past opponents.

The fact Haye would earn more £££ fighting Bellew in what was pretty much a 'catchweight' fight, for no title just domestic bragging rights than he would fighting Wilder in a world title fight, shows how bad Wilder's international rep is.lol

On 08/03/2017 at 17:39, Manwell Pablo said:

Business men at the end of the day aren't they if the can generate a bit of hype dragging any old twat  across the pond for him to beat up their gonna do it and it's not their fault people lap it up. His under cards are normally the business for AJ fights as well, he knows he needs to put a few decent fights and sell the evening as opposed to just the fight as if it was all about AJ knocking someone over he'd not do anywhere as well.

He got fast tracked because Glazkov fell over and Charles Martin somehow ended up World Champion, thats an opportunity you take if it is there. He was ready to win that belt, and ready to defend it against all but about four men. It's just mad for me, especially so as he's made it clear he for some time he is after a big fight and has now made one. 

I think his career has been managed very well myself, it's been built around whats best for Anthony Joshua at the time,  both in learning experiences and increase in profile.

EDIT: Also in the pro Hughie Fury camp, I wouldn't worry about what he looks like either itll be a darn sight better than Fat Andy Ruiz when he fought him and he took him to a tight decision.

Oh absolutely, it is a business, perhaps more so now than ever before.

I never thought I'd say this but I have gotten more and more into UFC events over the last couple of years, in part because I'm starting to understand the fineries of MMA a little more, but mainly because the best fight the best more often than not. Hence why few of their stars are undefeated, which to me doesn't mean much anyway.

Still, would take boxing over MMA but certainly it is becoming less enjoyable for me personally because of the business side of things, fast tracking fighters to world titles with minimal risk and max monetary opportunity, rival promotion companies not willing to work together etc,..

Edited by Kendal Fox

11 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

@Manwell Pablo buddy   @Col city fan will be Getting very jealous of all the attention your new  buddy is getting @Grewks off you 

lollollollol 

To be fair to Col he at least claims to know what he knows and doesn't pretend to be anything he isn't. 

I mean we have a bloke claiming Bellew is a bigger pay day than Wilder in here ffs and that's something even Tony Bellew isn't claiming, puropusly wont quote him as hopefully if he thinks he's had the last word he might fck off until the Joshua fight.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

To be fair to Col he at least claims to know what he knows and doesn't pretend to be anything he isn't. 

I mean we have a bloke claiming Bellew is a bigger pay day than Wilder in here ffs and that's something even Tony Bellew isn't claiming, puropusly wont quote him as hopefully if he thinks he's had the last word he might fck off until the Joshua fight.

lollol 

Post of night 

6 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Bellew is a bigger pay day than Wilder.....The fact that any talk of a potential Bellew v Wilder/Parker fight is pretty much nailed on to take place in the UK, may help you to understand this.

Should we just ignore the fact that according to Hearn, this fought brought in the greatest of any British PPV in the past decade.

So even though you consider yourself a bit of a boxing expert, it's strange that you're only waiting for the mainstream fights.

8 hours ago, Grewks said:

Bellew is a bigger pay day than Wilder.....The fact that any talk of a potential Bellew v Wilder/Parker fight is pretty much nailed on to take place in the UK, may help you to understand this.

Should we just ignore the fact that according to Hearn, this fought brought in the greatest of any British PPV in the past decade.

So even though you consider yourself a bit of a boxing expert, it's strange that you're only waiting for the mainstream fights.

Grewks you're boring now and literally everyone on here knows you are wrong, give it up.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

13 hours ago, Grewks said:

Buddy honestly have a bath 

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

What are you gibbering on about now ? 

Demetrius Andrade.

Unreal that some were touting him to move up and test GGG.

Unreal KO by Lemieux though. Looked out of shape until he landed what was in my opinion the KO of the year so far......Shows just why GGG decided to 'outbox' him rather than go to war with him, given the power he's got.

1 hour ago, Grewks said:

Demetrius Andrade.

Unreal KO by Lemieux though. Looked out of shape until he landed what was in my opinion the KO of the year so far......Shows just why GGG decided to 'outbox' him rather than go to war with him, given the power he's got.

This exact sentence is all over twitter and in most of the media write up's, without jumping on the bandwagon surely it wouldn't take much effort to at least mix a few of the words around so it at least looks like you have your own opinion lollol 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grewks said:

Demetrius Andrade.

Andrade beat a guy from Ecuador ??

Lemieux  and Stevens have been beaten nearly 10 times in their careers 

GGG outboxed him because the guy can't box 

I think that was 3rd time Stevens has been out cold 

so really he has a chin made of fine crystal 

• Like 1