Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

Not at all. He's not anywhere near hurt enough and wanted to get over the line. Fair play to him.

Huh?

You don't think it's worrying that a trainer can have his opinion changed by his fighter?

You're just arguing with me for the sake of it now lol

1 minute ago, Grewks said:

Huh?

You don't think it's worrying that a trainer can have his opinion changed by his fighter?

You're just arguing with me for the sake of it now lol

Yes I'm the one that argues for the sake of it. Great prediction return btw since you've been the voice of boxing on foxestalk you've predicted two kos neither of which have happened.

• Like 1

Just now, Izzy Muzzett said:

Should have listened to @GaelicFox and trusted my gut with Linares on points. Got seduced by the bigger odds and that's why I'm shite at gambling lol

Just never listen to grewks general rule of thumb...even golokvin gets taken the distance when he predicts him to stop someone.

• Like 1

Yes I'm the one that argues for the sake of it. Great prediction return btw since you've been the voice of boxing on foxestalk you've predicted two kos neither of which have happened.

Linares would've KO'd Crolla, if he didn't have as much respect for him as he does.....He visibly took his foot off the gas as soon as he knocked Crolla down.

The fact you believe that a trainer could have his opinion changed by his fighter mid fight vastly damages what 'boxing knowledge' you believe you have.

Just now, Grewks said:

Linares would've KO'd Crolla, if he didn't have as much respect for him as he does.....He visibly took his foot off the gas as soon as he knocked Crolla down.

The fact you believe that a trainer could have his opinion changed by his fighter mid fight vastly damages what 'boxing knowledge' you believe you have.

lol go and have a game on FIFA lad.

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Just never listen to grewks general rule of thumb...even golokvin gets taken the distance when he predicts him to stop someone.

Ironic.....given you agreed with my prediction for the Crolla fight, you basically copy and pasted by prediction saying Crolla needed to hurt Linares, and also said that Linares KO was the best price.

Keep sitting on the fence. I've predicted both fights correct.

Just now, Grewks said:

Ironic.....given you agreed with my prediction for the Crolla fight, you basically copy and pasted by prediction saying Crolla needed to hurt Linares, and also said that Linares KO was the best price.

Keep sitting on the fence. I've predicted both fights correct.

Where did I ever say that, I think you'll find I e been saying nothing but linares points for about a week.

lol go and have a game on FIFA lad.

You don't even understand how damaging it is that a trainer can have his decision to pull out his fighter, influenced by said fighter.

It shouldn't happen, no exceptions.

Just now, Grewks said:

You don't even understand how damaging it is that a trainer can have his decision to pull out his fighter, influenced by said fighter.

It shouldn't happen, no exceptions.

It happens all the time, Shane tried to pull david haye about three times. lol 

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

It happens all the time, Shane tried to pull david haye about three times. lol 

Can't recall seeing that.

In fact, i recall Shane telling haye to just put his back to the ropes, roll the punches and just let go when he could.

The trainer is the one who controls whether or not his fighter continues, the boxer has no say....so clearly Shane didn't 'try'.

9 minutes ago, Grewks said:

Can't recall seeing that.

In fact, i recall Shane telling haye to just put his back to the ropes, roll the punches and just let go when he could.

The trainer is the one who controls whether or not his fighter continues, the boxer has no say....so clearly Shane didn't 'try'.

Its been well documented everyone in that ring told him to give it up but he refused. If you want to talk about the way Gallagher went about it I.e going to the ref before even discussing it with crolla you have a point, but many a trainer has sat a fighter down in a stool told them they are pulling them and been told it's not happening.

pretty sure ingle was keen to chuck it in a long time before he threw the towel in as well.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

8 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

One thing I've learnt on this thread is always listen to @GaelicFox,  man knows his onions in this game!

This is the best informed thread on FT plenty of great contributors who know their onions 

even Grewks is an interesting new contributor even if he chats shite lol 

joe Gallagher is now being exposed as a seriously ordinary coach at world level ! So many repeated mistakes in last nights fight ....  joe will soon be a has been coach 

3 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

Joe Gallagher is now being exposed as a seriously ordinary coach at world level ! So many repeated mistakes in last nights fight ....  joe will soon be a has been coach 

Surprises me how many decent British fighters are with him.

All stemmed back to the Quigg vs Frampton fight where his coaching was an absolute joke, he cost Quigg that night. From that night onwards he's been more and more exposed.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Surprises me how many decent British fighters are with him.

All stemmed back to the Quigg vs Frampton fight where his coaching was an absolute joke, he cost Quigg that night. From that night onwards he's been more and more exposed.

You could argue the smith lads have not progressed as thought 

he will lose more and more lads 

quigg will become a star yet and that will be the end of Joe !