Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

6 hours ago, Grewks said:

Also...who the hell is Hampton?

lol

It's what an iPhone auto corrects to when you type in Frampton.

Anyway, thanks for your analysis on the Crolla fight, looking forward to Saturday, what' s going to happen there? Some back story Jacobs has got right? What did you make of his last few fights?

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Is this childish nonsense continuing? I see it is... shame, this was a good thread.

I'm talking boxing Col, dunno what you are on about.

Although you're a fine one to talk about getting into lengthy and pointless debates mate. 

5 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I'm talking boxing Col, dunno what you are on about.

Although you're a fine one to talk about getting into lengthy and pointless debates mate. 

I'm just surprised you'd let yourself get into a running battle with Grewks to be honest.

11 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

It's what an iPhone auto corrects to when you type in Frampton.

Anyway, thanks for your analysis on the Crolla fight, looking forward to Saturday, what' s going to happen there? Some back story Jacobs has got right? What did you make of his last few fights?

No idea about Jacobs's back story, i like to focus on where a fighter can go, rather then why he is where he is. I give my opinion on their boxing ability, not character etc.

As I said before, anything other than a GGG KO, and it's a shock, even GGG points. Especially given Jacobs has already been KO'd in his career and he's a 'puncher', which works against him imo. We saw what GGG did to Lemieux.

I don't see anyone who can stop GGG tbh. His toughest fight came against a welterweight who had the speed and unorthodox skill to trouble him, but not the power. I don't see any middleweight out there who has Brook's speed+skill combined with power+'froch' standard chin.

......Especially if the rumours that were flying about pre kovalev v Ward that GGG had actually previously knocked Kovalev down in sparring. Incredible if so, and it is completely believable.

I remember recently when Froch said after GGG v Brook that he saw enough weaknesses for himself to beat him....but he's deluded. Froch isn't a 'elite' level boxer, but he has one of the best chins in the game combined with an amazing engine and plenty of heart. He wouldn't be able to walk through GGG like he did against a Bute for example. We saw what Groves's power, who is an underrated fighter imo (Compare his performance v Jack with that of Degale's), did to him at the end of his career.

I'd even go as far as saying that Groves would probably trouble GGG for a few rounds just like Brook did, but he'd fade and we all know he isn't the best at taking a shot.

23 minutes ago, Grewks said:

No idea about Jacobs's back story, i like to focus on where a fighter can go, rather then why he is where he is. I give my opinion on their boxing ability, not character etc.

As I said before, anything other than a GGG KO, and it's a shock, even GGG points. Especially given Jacobs has already been KO'd in his career and he's a 'puncher', which works against him imo. We saw what GGG did to Lemieux.

I don't see anyone who can stop GGG tbh. His toughest fight came against a welterweight who had the speed and unorthodox skill to trouble him, but not the power. I don't see any middleweight out there who has Brook's speed+skill combined with power+'froch' standard chin.

......Especially if the rumours that were flying about pre kovalev v Ward that GGG had actually previously knocked Kovalev down in sparring. Incredible if so, and it is completely believable.

I remember recently when Froch said after GGG v Brook that he saw enough weaknesses for himself to beat him....but he's deluded. Froch isn't a 'elite' level boxer, but he has one of the best chins in the game combined with an amazing engine and plenty of heart. He wouldn't be able to walk through GGG like he did against a Bute for example. We saw what Groves's power, who is an underrated fighter imo (Compare his performance v Jack with that of Degale's), did to him at the end of his career.

I'd even go as far as saying that Groves would probably trouble GGG for a few rounds just like Brook did, but he'd fade and we all know he isn't the best at taking a shot.

Indeed indeed interesting. A penny for your thoughts on De Gales chances and what about the potential unification fight with Billy.

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Indeed indeed interesting. A penny for your thoughts on De Gales chances and what about the potential unification fight with Billy.

Degale's chances of?

GGG v BJS is, imo, an easier nights work for GGG than it will be against Jacobs. If he wanted to, GGG could walk through BJS and KO him in round one. BJS is a 'boxer', but not elite or world level imo, he doesn't have the power to trouble GGG.

10 hours ago, Grewks said:

Degale's chances of?

GGG v BJS is, imo, an easier nights work for GGG than it will be against Jacobs. If he wanted to, GGG could walk through BJS and KO him in round one. BJS is a 'boxer', but not elite or world level imo, he doesn't have the power to trouble GGG.

A potiential fight with golovkin should that take place? 

15 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

A potiential fight with golovkin should that take place? 

Degale has no power, easy Golovkin KO.

Degale is either hugely overrated, or a complete bottler. Not been impressed in any of his fights, and imo, he was comfortably beaten by Jack.

I know fights are not judged on how much you hurt the opponent, Degale didn't hurt him once, despite the flash knockdown. He was also outworked, and bullied at times.

7 hours ago, Grewks said:

Degale is either hugely overrated, or a complete bottler. Not been impressed in any of his fights, and imo, he was comfortably beaten by Jack.

I know fights are not judged on how much you hurt the opponent, Degale didn't hurt him once, despite the flash knockdown. He was also outworked, and bullied at times.

And what an exciting prospect Jack moving up to light heavy weight is? A couple of nothing fights to begin with of course but then we have a potential Sergy Kovalev or finally an Andre Ward fight on the cards? Perhaps he might meet Nathan Cleverly along the way? I know you'll have some great opinions to share on his chances in the division in general and how he could make his mark on those fighters. 

56 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

And what an exciting prospect Jack moving up to light heavy weight is? A couple of nothing fights to begin with of course but then we have a potential Sergy Kovalev or finally an Andre Ward fight on the cards? Perhaps he might meet Nathan Cleverly along the way? I know you'll have some great opinions to share on his chances in the division in general and how he could make his mark on those fighters. 

Stop it lol

6 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Strokes I'm sure he's got a lot to share. 

It will never end, he is deluded in thinking he is outsmarting you. You can't beat someone like this! You've made your point, we all know he has minimal knowledge of boxing. 

Let it go, and let's get this thread back on track. I was enjoying reading some quality analysis from yourself, Gaelic, Essexfox and few others. :thumbup:

16 minutes ago, Strokes said:

It will never end, he is deluded in thinking he is outsmarting you. You can't beat someone like this! You've made your point, we all know he has minimal knowledge of boxing. 

Let it go, and let's get this thread back on track. I was enjoying reading some quality analysis from yourself, Gaelic, Essexfox and few others. :thumbup:

Yeah you're not wrong lol 

14 hours ago, Grewks said:

Think your wrong about de gale, I'm not his biggest fan, who he holds a world title so he is not over rated, I think he's come on well in the last 2 years, and tbf I think he would beat groves, hoping he dosnt though 

12 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Nathan Cleverly.....what top level fighter would actually want to fight him?

No $ in it.....although actually, i suppose it could be a stepping stone for Jack, in order to face a Kovalev....but surely Ward will be looking to heavyweight now, I know he hinted after his fight with Kovalev that it is a possibility.

Imagine if Hughie Fury beats Parker, i'm sure Ward would take that fight in a heart beat. Fury has little power, but is a decent all round boxer....a perfect heavyweight opponent for Ward to use his speed and 'ring craftsmanship'.

Actually...i'd be very interested in seeing Tyson Fury v Ward. Would he be able to do a haye v valuev? Would certainly be an interesting watch.

4 hours ago, lestajigs said:

Think your wrong about de gale, I'm not his biggest fan, who he holds a world title so he is not over rated, I think he's come on well in the last 2 years, and tbf I think he would beat groves, hoping he dosnt though 

Holding a world title in this day and age does not mean you're 'world level'.

Unfortunately this is down to how the ranking system and the politics within the sport....Charles Martin was not world level lol

22 minutes ago, Grewks said:

Nathan Cleverly.....what top level fighter would actually want to fight him?

No $ in it.....although actually, i suppose it could be a stepping stone for Jack, in order to face a Kovalev....but surely Ward will be looking to heavyweight now, I know he hinted after his fight with Kovalev that it is a possibility.

Imagine if Hughie Fury beats Parker, i'm sure Ward would take that fight in a heart beat. Fury has little power, but is a decent all round boxer....a perfect heavyweight opponent for Ward to use his speed and 'ring craftsmanship'.

Actually...i'd be very interested in seeing Tyson Fury v Ward. Would he be able to do a haye v valuev? Would certainly be an interesting watch.

Well.....I think you've givesn everyone food for thought there. Andre Ward at heavy weight, that really will be something! 

getting a bit lighter Haskins McDonnell is a fight I really want to see, very contentious win for Haskins over stuart hall last time out, I don't know what you thought of the fight? McDonnell could really take it to him.

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Well.....I think you've givesn everyone food for thought there. Andre Ward at heavy weight, that really will be something! 

getting a bit lighter Haskins McDonnell is a fight I really want to see, very contentious win for Haskins over stuart hall last time out, I don't know what you thought of the fight? McDonnell could really take it to him.

No idea how Haskins was given the decision over hall, felt sorry Hall tbh.

I don't know whether you're mocking my opinion on Ward at heavyweight, but he's certainly interested, and it's probably the biggest fight out there for him. After watching Bellew v Haye do you not think Ward would've beat Haye..or at least been ahead before Haye's injury?

The McDonnell fights don't really interest me tbh....I don't go out of my way to watch their fights.

16 minutes ago, Grewks said:

No idea how Haskins was given the decision over hall, felt sorry Hall tbh.

I don't know whether you're mocking my opinion on Ward at heavyweight, but he's certainly interested, and it's probably the biggest fight out there for him. After watching Bellew v Haye do you not think Ward would've beat Haye..or at least been ahead before Haye's injury?

The McDonnell fights don't really interest me tbh....I don't go out of my way to watch their fights.

Mocking? Dunno what gave you that idea.

Odd Jamie being tipped to take part in some big fights soon but whatever floats your boat I guess!

Do you pay much attention to the minimum weight division? I know a lot of kean boxing fans do so as there are a few eastern Asian fighters tipped to rise up and offer something at fly or bantam, I apologise if we've reached the depth of your knowledge I know it's not something your average fight fan knows.

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Mocking? Dunno what gave you that idea.

Odd Jamie being tipped to take part in some big fights soon but whatever floats your boat I guess!

Do you pay much attention to the minimum weight division? I know a lot of kean boxing fans do so as there are a few eastern Asian fighters tipped to rise up and offer something at fly or bantam, I apologise if we've reached the depth of your knowledge I know it's not something your average fight fan knows.

I never claimed to be a 'know it all/hardcore' boxing fan...i just had to laugh when you claimed i'd watched like one boxing match in my life lol.

I choose to watch fights based on who is fighting. Like last week with Andrade, i'd never watched the guy before, but a couple of guys told me he was 'the real deal'. But after watching the fight, i can't see me watching one of his bouts again unless i'm wanting to watch his opponent. I've seen the Mcdonnell brothers fight on undercards a couple of times but their style doesn't really excite me in all honesty.....although the Yafai brothers have impressed me, albeit from the little i've seen.....but the performance against conception (sp?) was very impressive and dominant.

And my knowledge of bantamweight/flyweight isn't great at all, largely due to the fact that fights at that size, don't really appeal to me.