Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

40 minutes ago, Grewks said:

I never claimed to be a 'know it all/hardcore' boxing fan...i just had to laugh when you claimed i'd watched like one boxing match in my life lol.

I choose to watch fights based on who is fighting. Like last week with Andrade, i'd never watched the guy before, but a couple of guys told me he was 'the real deal'. But after watching the fight, i can't see me watching one of his bouts again unless i'm wanting to watch his opponent. I've seen the Mcdonnell brothers fight on undercards a couple of times but their style doesn't really excite me in all honesty.....although the Yafai brothers have impressed me, albeit from the little i've seen.....but the performance against conception (sp?) was very impressive and dominant.

And my knowledge of bantamweight/flyweight isn't great at all, largely due to the fact that fights at that size, don't really appeal to me.

ok don't do lower weights that's cool so, top 5 boxers of all time?

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

ok don't do lower weights that's cool so, top 5 boxers of all time?

my top 5 as in favorites?

And i still watch the lower weights, just the 'big' fights involving our fighter, as well as world champions.

E.g. Santa Cruz v Frampton and Yafai v Conception

Edited by Grewks

10 hours ago, Grewks said:

Holding a world title in this day and age does not mean you're 'world level'.

Unfortunately this is down to how the ranking system and the politics within the sport....Charles Martin was not world level lol

No Charles Martin wasn't,  but de gale is 

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Charles Martin was a total fraud. I don't think I've ever seen a heavyweight go down as easily as he did. Complete embarrassment.

Like I said 9/10 when boxers hold the world title they deserve it, Charles Martin was no world champion, I'd probally even say  Joseph Parker isnt that great to, but de dale IS a good boxer there is no doubt about it 

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Charles Martin was a total fraud. I don't think I've ever seen a heavyweight go down as easily as he did. Complete embarrassment.

To be fair it was a series of unfortunate events that led up to him winning that. Obviously starting with Tyson being stripped ending up with glazkov doing his knee in the title fight. 

Quite telling Martin hasn't fought since the Joshua fight to my knowledge 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

6 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

I don't really follow it as much as I should but when is Yafai fighting again? I thought he was absolutely excellent against Concepcion. I think it was the first time I've seen him box. Concepcion is no mug either. 

Not sure....would actually be a decent undercard fighter for Klit and Josh tbh.

How big is their following back home in Brum? Maybe they could put a show on their with Yafai as the main event.

4 minutes ago, Grewks said:

Not sure....would actually be a decent undercard fighter for Klit and Josh tbh.

How big is their following back home in Brum? Maybe they could put a show on their with Yafai as the main event.

Im not sure how you do it but he's headlineing in Birmingham in may! Its like you have a crystal ball!

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Im not sure how you do it but he's headlineing in Birmingham in may! Its like you have a crystal ball!

pretty sure i heard it mentioned on the commentary during his brothers fights on the undercard of the Andrade fight.

14 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

No he wasn't 

he lost but he he put in a huge show in the 2nd half of fight 

canelo and ggg might happen now 

GGG was exposed a little tonight  

I fell asleep before the fight just trying to catch up now.

2 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

No he wasn't 

he lost but he he put in a huge show in the 2nd half of fight 

canelo and ggg might happen now 

GGG was exposed a little tonight  

given golovkin landed more and had a knock down to his name statistically it's hard to argue, seemed a lot closer than ggg by three for me though.

toughest night of his career and that's how you beat him I think. Just needed more scoring punches. Fair play to Jacobs heroic effort from him on the night and to even be there in the first place.

• Like 1

Just watched Golovkin & Jacobs, very intriguing fight.

Some very tight rounds, the first three and last three could of gone either way, the 4th round knockdown probably swung it Golovkin's way.

Didn't think it was a 115-112 fight, ludicrous scoring that. 114-113 either way I thought.

Resilient performance from Jacobs, underestimated him, but he put in some very impressive work. After that he deserves a rematch.

That fight along with the Gonzalez shock, very good night of boxing.

4 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Just watched Golovkin & Jacobs, very intriguing fight.

Some very tight rounds, the first three and last three could of gone either way, the 4th round knockdown probably swung it Golovkin's way.

Didn't think it was a 115-112 fight, ludicrous scoring that. 114-113 either way I thought.

Resilient performance from Jacobs, underestimated him, but he put in some very impressive work. After that he deserves a rematch.

That fight along with the Gonzalez shock, very good night of boxing.

Monster guy for the weight class 

I think GGG won by 1 round 

but if it has gone other way to Jacobs then not many could complain too much 

super human effort from a man who has beaten death once ! 

Will always have respect for Jacobs considering what he has been through in his life, still don't like the fact that boxers can miss the weight check on the day of the fight, I know boxers give various reasons as to why they are missed but really we all know the real reason why and it just aint right imo.

Anyway looking forward to attending my first event for a couple of years in May to see Liam Walsh against Gervonta Davis, big big task for Walsh but looking forward to seeing how hard Davis can really punch up close and personal.

Never been to the Copper Box arena, anybody know if it holds a decent atmosphere?

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

Monster guy for the weight class 

I think GGG won by 1 round 

but if it has gone other way to Jacobs then not many could complain too much 

super human effort from a man who has beaten death once ! 

Exactly.

Looking at the first three rounds & last three, just so tight. Had Jacobs 2-1 up after the first three. Last three, both produced good work, 2-1, 3-0 either way.

Great resiliency from Jacobs, very impressive work at times, after the 10th I think it was you could see he had Golovkin rattled.

Jacobs deserves a rematch, if not then probably BJS next for GGG.