Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CAFCdamo

Michael Morrison

Hey Leicester fans, and Charlton fan. Good luck for the coming season and all that.

When I heard about this I had to comment, Michael Morrison has been well out of his depth with us since January. Obviously he recieved good opinions from you lot before he joined and I was really optimistic and delighted with his signing. He has been part of a team that helped us from 2nd place to 15th in a matter of a few months. He just seems to boot the ball anywhere and his positional play has been atrocious. He is clearly not as bad as he has shown for us, because I would be the first to say that we have had a torrid few seasons with the most recent being one of the worst in our history. Anyway, I hope Charlton take him off our hands. I'd give him you for free if it was my choice, but also I hope he does well for whoever he is with next season, mainly cause it's probably going to be us.

Anyway, good luck with the Sven revolution and I hope you make it to the promised land at the King Power stadium as its known now.

Cya folks.

Cheers Hamish, good luck to you guys aswell. i loved Morrison at City, whats happened to him?

Well, I don't know how good he was before but he looks as though he lacks confidence totally. He really just looks out of his depth. Which is strange considering it should be the other way round perhaps. Also he was one of Irvines signings, which for those of you who dont know, doesnt exactly make him popular. He spent well over a million pounds in january on players, the first money we had spent for years, and they've all bar from Gary Madine (who is a great buy) been poor. They have all come with big reputations and totally flopped. Anyway, with the re-vamp of pur squad I fully expect us to be challenging at the right end of the table next year with Megson in charge most of us are happy. I know your lot would say otherwise, but he is a legend here. Also we are alledgedly close to signing Lloyd Dyer, could you enlighten me about him (dont build him up too much like Michael).

Well, I don't know how good he was before but he looks as though he lacks confidence totally. He really just looks out of his depth. Which is strange considering it should be the other way round perhaps. Also he was one of Irvines signings, which for those of you who dont know, doesnt exactly make him popular. He spent well over a million pounds in january on players, the first money we had spent for years, and they've all bar from Gary Madine (who is a great buy) been poor. They have all come with big reputations and totally flopped. Anyway, with the re-vamp of pur squad I fully expect us to be challenging at the right end of the table next year with Megson in charge most of us are happy. I know your lot would say otherwise, but he is a legend here. Also we are alledgedly close to signing Lloyd Dyer, could you enlighten me about him (dont build him up too much like Michael).

Dyer would rip League 1 apart, however ive heard he is staying at Leicester :dunno:

I know MM very well as I come from the same town in Suffolk as him and we spent most our childhood at the same amatuer club. He's a decent right back and that is actually his preferred position. Thought he did very well for us considering the step from Cambridge Utd to us...did a job in League 1 and was quite sad to see him go as he does have potential to be an old school english defender (no nonsense).

I'm not just saying that because of a personal connection and a LCFC fan but I think he'll stand out for any side in League 1 and maybe in a few years back in the Championship. If he was having trials with Chelsea, Newcaslte and Everton before we snapped him up, then he's obviously rated by some coaches in the game.

Good luck to him I say...

If his head is right and he's playing regularly you've got a solid league one defender, who's just about capable in the championship. I thought he started off quite poor for us but soon turned into one of our most consistent performers.

Dyer? Very fast, very left footed, don't hold out any hope if the ball lands on his right foot. Will often try to run through players and get blocked off. Fantastic player for League one with his pace though.

Dyer? Very fast, very left footed, don't hold out any hope if the ball lands on his right foot. Will often try to run through players and get blocked off. Fantastic player for League one with his pace though.

So is Dyer off to Charlton :unsure:

I'd be a little surprised if Dyer was off bearing in mind how much he figured last season under Sven.

I also think it'd be a little weird to have a player who looks likely to be leaving model both kits too...

He was excellent for us under Pearson. really matured into a decent CB .... even in the championship and chipped in with a couple of important goals.

We got him from non league football. Most people considered him a real find.

When Pearson left he became a different player. I think, like a few others he considered Pearson his mentor...

He couldnt adapt to a passing style, his confidence was shot... didnt play well at all...This appears to of continued at Wednesday.

You still have Powell dont you? ( Hail king Powell! :D)

This could help him...him being part of the regime... being a defender himself too... might help him get some of that old Morrison back.. probably help his confidence. He is still a young lad really..

This is all you need to know IMO....

I think the start of the season affected Morrison badly, he struggled badly and it was no surprise Sven let him go.

However, with an undisrupted pre-season, he may well perform better.

He spent well over a million pounds in january on players, the first money we had spent for years, and they've all bar from Gary Madine (who is a great buy) been poor.

They've all been poor, bar none, if Gary Madine is seen as great buy, then its painfully obvious why we are so far down the leagues these days, do not understand the blokes poularity at all.

5 goals in about 22 games, incredibly slow, poor hold up play and soft as sh!t, oh and apparently he likes to blow up cars, just to add to his appeal.

Morrison has not been great for us at all, which is a shame because i was optimistic when we signed him, and his 1st game away at Bristol C was actually pretty solid.

He does look to be low on confidence, but he has been given the run around a lot since he's been at S6, his positional play has been some of the worst ive ever seen, and his defending for the 2nd goal away at Birmingham in FA cup summed up his season in one second really, went in for a tackle he was heavy favourite to win, and seemed to completely panic and back out of it, letting the striker run through and score.

GM may not be the most poular guy in football, but it didnt take him long to see what was wrong with our back four and fix it, which included getting Morrison out of there,

We have no problems in defence anymore really, so a move might do Morrison a lot of good, pretty sure he could be a useful player, just doesnt seem to fit the bill at hillsborough.

Archived