Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Marmite

millwall away

Anyone go to the old den?, only went once, I didn't see any trouble then, although it was intimidating as fook.

The old den was a really nasty place - with a massive pylon in the middle of the away end making it difficult to see the whole pitch.

Visiting players lying injured by the touchline would have kids queuing up to spit on them.

Home players would exaggerate every tackle or foul in the hope of inciting the crowd and scaring the ref into making a ridiculous decision.

And after games, even if Millwall had won (which was usually the case when City went there), gangs would lie in wait on street corners to ambush away fans on the way back to the tube station.

I'm glad that vile abomination has been bulldozed, although the modern ground is little better.

The local council recently authorised the building of one of Britain's largest gypsy sites on land next door to the ground. This provoked a storm of protest - mostly from the gypsies themselves..

The old den was a really nasty place - with a massive pylon in the middle of the away end making it difficult to see the whole pitch.

Visiting players lying injured by the touchline would have kids queuing up to spit on them.

Home players would exaggerate every tackle or foul in the hope of inciting the crowd and scaring the ref into making a ridiculous decision.

And after games, even if Millwall had won (which was usually the case when City went there), gangs would lie in wait on street corners to ambush away fans on the way back to the tube station.

I'm glad that vile abomination has been bulldozed, although the modern ground is little better.

The local council recently authorised the building of one of Britain's largest gypsy sites on land next door to the ground. This provoked a storm of protest - mostly from the gypsies themselves..

Nicely summed up.

I had just one visit to the old den, we lost 2-0 and the furthest our lads ventured beyond the final whistle was the halfway line to applaud our travelling support, Gary Mills was taking throws ins I think and he was getting all sorts chucked at him, 100% shithole.

Only other thing I can recall was some grant mitchell type with rottweiler scars shouting from the home pen that we would be "eaten" outside after the game.

Also had the misfortune once to see Millwall take on Chelsea in the fa cup, Millwall fans wrecked one of their own executive boxes in the new den in order to beat the living daylights out of a chelsea fan who must have been a guest in one of them, in the subsequent replay they tore stamford bridge apart and wrecked their temporary stand that stood where the old shed end had been at the time, lovely bunch.

Can anyone tell me what a visit to the new den is like nowadays.

Is it safe to go on the train and tube as I am not keen on fox travel.

I have heard it has its own tube station espeically for away fans

Its nothing like the old days mate, train is still full of milwall fans on way to ground but then segregated after so train back is safe as houses, just dont wear colours or talk too loud on train cos most of their boys travel on train to game

It's arguably the safest away day in the Championship these days thanks to the fenced walkway from South Bermondsey station to the away end. If the police think there's likely to be any trouble, as they did when we won there in the League One season, they'll lock you in there for a while until the local Neanderthals have evolved sufficiently to disperse.

It is pretty tame nowadays, you get kids in the stands either side gesticulating to you for 90 minutes but no real prospect of trouble. I wouldn't advise drinking anywhere the place pre-match, the pubs are pretty unwelcoming.

Archived