Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Cov on the train

It's not even 100% that I'm training it but chances are I will be doing.

Now I actually live in Narborough, what I've heard is the nearest station is Nuneaton, technically making Narborough to the Ricoh as many stops as the Walkers (although a bit further).

Anyway enough of pointless facts which mean fvck all, I've never done this one on the train before despite my location, can someone explain what the fvck happens? lol Get off at Nuneaton, then what? I've heard they run shuttles which our fans manage to pack and get away with paying but I'm not 100% convinced, hope that's the scenario though. Mind you, I've also heard they weren't running last year and people had to make their own way from Nuneaton to the station.

If we do get charged, any idea how much it'll be?

Cheers for info, fingers crossed for three points and a top away end.

An absolute pain in the arse I'm sorry to say mate.

Take the train from Leicester to Nuneaton then you go on a rail replacement bus service to Coventry bus station that takes around 45 minutes, find a pub in Cov then get another bus up to the Ricoh from the bus station which takes about 15-20 minutes from the city centre.

Must be the most difficult local derby to get to if you aren't on Fox Travel in the Football League.

How many of your mates are going, Dan?

If theres 5 of you, get a taxi from Nuneaton station, split it between you will be about 3 quid each. Getting on the buses in Nuneaton is a thing you don't want to do, full of absolute divs.

Cheers everyone, well the chances are I'll take the last option which George said. Bilo that sounds fvcking useless. Jesus christ.

There's only two of us going actually but we'll meet another on the train as he lives in Loughborough & we live in Narborough, but the chances are we'll find another couple of lads there who'd split a taxi with us so we should be fine.

Mind you I'm not 100% sure if we're even getting it yet so who knows. Cheers for help.

Wonder how much a taxi from Nuneaton to cov is?? Pluss is there a weatherspoons in Nuneaton, or a pub that's serves beer at 10????

You will be looking about £20 - £25 as they no they can get away with it! saying that is a good trek to the ground. Pub wise i think there is a spoons in the centre of nuneaton, they are a couple of pubs near the station that should be open though.

You will be looking about £20 - £25 as they no they can get away with it! saying that is a good trek to the ground. Pub wise i think there is a spoons in the centre of nuneaton, they are a couple of pubs near the station that should be open though.

Just rang a taxi firm, £14 so that ain't bad between 4, I didn't think there was a weatherspoons in Nuneaton, thought nearest one was rugby or hinkley to Nuneaton!!

Just rang a taxi firm, £14 so that ain't bad between 4, I didn't think there was a weatherspoons in Nuneaton, thought nearest one was rugby or hinkley to Nuneaton!!

that is a decent price for a taxi and a lot easier than trying to get a bus! The felix holt is a weatherspoons i thought it had shut down but according to their website it hasnt - it must of just been refurbed the last time i was over there.

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/pubs/the-felix-holt

Any advice for getting to the Ricoh from Coventry train station? Looks pretty far on Google Maps :sweating:

Don't go to Coventry station IMO, it looks a totally pointless move.

Weasel keeps suggesting Bedworth station, interesting.

Don't go to Coventry station IMO, it looks a totally pointless move.

Weasel keeps suggesting Bedworth station, interesting.

It's the nearest station to the ground and there are buses every 10 mins, we'd fail to find a pub though I reckon. I'll e-mail the club later and ask if there doing buses from Nuneaton to Ricoh, much easier if they are.

I live in Nuneaton & going to saturday's game, the best way is too. Get off at Nuneaton from the train station then go to the bus station. Go to Stand B1 & get on the bus marked 56 going to Coventry. The buses run every half an hour at quta to the the hour. It normally costs £5 a return. Ask for the bull & anchor get off there, then go down a road called burbages lane. Once down the road you should see the stadium. It takes about half an hour on the bus.

Another way is to get off at Bedworth rail station & a get a cab but there's not many cab services in Bedworth.

Archived