Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Muz

Stuart Taylor

He is set to join them on a four year deal :( its breaking news on Sky Sports News. What a keeper he was i wished we could have signed him permanantly.

He is set to join them on a four year deal  :(  its breaking news on Sky Sports News. What a keeper he was i wished we could have signed him permanantly.

128329[/snapback]

Hmmm why would Villa want Taylor? Are they about to sell Sørensen or Postma?

He is set to join them on a four year deal  :(  its breaking news on Sky Sports News. What a keeper he was i wished we could have signed him permanantly.

128329[/snapback]

:mad::mad::mad: I hate Villa, Anyone but Villa please! :mad:

128329[/snapback]

Hmmm why would Villa want Taylor? Are they about to sell Sørensen or Postma?

128330[/snapback]

I think i remember reading somewhere that Postma was avaliable on a free becuase O Leary did not see him in his plans. He is a good goalkeeper. Will Taylor be going to Villa Park to just sit on the bench? I hope not he deserves alot more than that.

Sorensen seemed a bit more error-prone last season, and when Postma played last they lost 5-1 at Spurs. I guess Taylor is more likely to play at Villa than Arsenal, and is still in the premiership. Would have liked us to have got him though.

he is definitly a Premiership keeper and we wouldnt of been able to afford his wages. Shame really, coz he is a good keeper and would of sorted us out in that department for a few years.

I reckon he'll be first choice at Villa, Sorenson was a joke at times last season. Taylor deserves to be playing in the Premiership, I knew we'd never have a chance of signing him permanently. He has been kept on the sidelines far too long at Arsenal and their foreign legion, and I hope he impresses enough to become England's number 2 in the next year or two.

it has been said that he is going to be the number two, seems bit weird to me but a good buy

129373[/snapback]

Why does it seem weird? Taylor is good backup for Sørensen...

it has been said that he is going to be the number two, seems bit weird to me but a good buy

129373[/snapback]

129376[/snapback]

After the mistakes Sorensen has made last season, I can see Taylor pushing him for his first team spot.

129373[/snapback]

129376[/snapback]

After the mistakes Sorensen has made last season, I can see Taylor pushing him for his first team spot.

129398[/snapback]

Just because he's had one average season doesn't mean someone unproven like Taylor can push him. Surely his good seasons must far outweigh one blip :huh:

129373[/snapback]

129376[/snapback]

i think taylor is the better keeper

129531[/snapback]

You must be joking me, right? :o

Shen, I sense a little bias here for your fellow Scandinavian :unsure:

Taylor may not have made as many appearances as Sorenson over the years but to say Sorenson was 'average' last season is pushing it a bit. Taylor hasn't proved himself to be top class yet but he hasn't let down Leicester or Arsenal whenever he played for them. I think Taylor has a lot of potential, which he showed both at Leicester and during his spell in the Arsenal first team a few seasons ago, so I definitely think he will oust Sorenson's number 1 spot.

Shen, I sense a little bias here for your fellow Scandinavian :unsure:

Taylor may not have made as many appearances as Sorenson over the years but to say Sorenson was 'average' last season is pushing it a bit. Taylor hasn't proved himself to be top class yet but he hasn't let down Leicester or Arsenal whenever he played for them. I think Taylor has a lot of potential, which he showed both at Leicester and during his spell in the Arsenal first team a few seasons ago, so I definitely think he will oust Sorenson's number 1 spot.

129639[/snapback]

Of course there's bias, Anish ;)

But I think that you do slate him quite quickly. He made some outstanding saves as well last season, and before last season he's been very very reliable at the back for both Villa and Sunderland. He's now got loads of experience as well at international level with Denmark, whereas Taylor doesn't even have 20 Premier League games under his belt! Sure he's got potential, and he's still relatively young, but you can't say they're at the same level. Maybe in a few years time, if Sørensen gets worse with time, or if Taylor takes his chance well in the case Thomas gets injured, THEN he could end up as number 1 choice. But as I said, surely this one blip can't have overshadowed 8ish years of consistency...

There's a Villa fan at where I work I said to him what do you want with Stuart Taylor you already have 2 decent(ish) goalies, but yet you want another one :rolleyes:

He said to me "Who? Who's Stuart Taylor" :rolleyes::nono:

Archived