Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tommy

Stoke Sack Pulis

Stoke City have sacked manager Tony Pulis, claiming he has failed to exploit the foreign transfer market.

The 47-year-old Welshman took Stoke to 12th in the Championship last season after once topping the table.

Chairman Gunnar Por Gislason said: "Despite all the good work he has done, he has failed to implement the strategy of exploiting foreign markets.

"It is felt we will again fail to exploit those markets this summer with him in control."

Pulis has seen a number of departures in the close season, with only striker Mamady Sidibe arriving from Gillingham.

A lack of goals saw the Potters fall away from the top of the table early on to eventually finish a disappointing 12th, but his departure is still a major surprise.

What a poor excuse for sacking him. He's done a good job there over the past two seasons, although their goalscoring record was abysmal. With the addition of a proven striker at this level, they could have made a realistic attempt to reach the play-offs next season.

If I was Pulis I'd be disgusted - he has done a commendable job there keeping them in midtable and making them a respectable outfit. Surely he has grounds for breach of contract unless it was explicitly stated that he had to 'implement a strategy of exploiting foreign markets' - which is absurd.

mate is a stoke fan and could see this happening ages ago

soon as pulis said he wasn't interested in getting icelandic players the icelandic board are selling players i.e. gifton noel and will probably accept any offer for the club that benefits them money wise not of what will benefit the club

they need all the luck they can get next season

#### pathetic.

I hope Pulis gets a decent job elsewhere and show Stoke what they could have had.

I can see them bringing in another Icelander now. Who has scouts in those lovely Icelandic villages to scout the European markets allowing them to be exploited!

Rock on.

Didn't this Pulis bloke get sacked once before in closed season for some obscure reason?

Something like making inappropriate comments after a play off final?

Or am I still asleep and making it up as I go along? :S

Stoke City have sacked manager Tony Pulis, claiming he has failed to exploit the foreign transfer market.

The 47-year-old Welshman took Stoke to 12th in the Championship last season after once topping the table.

Chairman Gunnar Por Gislason said: "Despite all the good work he has done, he has failed to implement the strategy of exploiting foreign markets.

"It is felt we will again fail to exploit those markets this summer with him in control."

Pulis has seen a number of departures in the close season, with only striker Mamady Sidibe arriving from Gillingham.

A lack of goals saw the Potters fall away from the top of the table early on to eventually finish a disappointing 12th, but his departure is still a major surprise.

129069[/snapback]

Perhaps Port Vale will enjoy a revival as the REAL Potteries team now. Little chance of a foreign takeover of the Burslem backwater because even the locals find it hard to get there so God help outsiders trying.

Oh and are the Stoke City owners planning to continue in the Football League or are they planning an application to join one of the continental leagues where their heart obviously lies?.

That must be the worst reason for a sacking ever. And i find it strange that they suddenly have someone lined up to replace him. Why didnt they just tell him the truth.

Idiots!

But its there loss at the end of the day and i reckon all other Championship clubs will see it as a gain as i thought he did an alrite job there despite there crap end to the season. I thought he would of done well with them this season.

Archived