Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ithuriel

Anime

Leicester Anime convention Alcon 2013 is taking place 5th to 8th September (16+)

London Anime conventions, Feb and July (18+)

There were some really nice pocket watches at Alcon 2012 so if i go this year will take more pocket money with me.

Glad i bought this Anime, has the same emotional impact as Elfen Lied and a great soundtrack and i have not been able to see two of the episodes online.

Love that by the end you can not discern between who are the real monsters, humans or vampires.

Could not resist, going to give this a try, i've heard it is pretty good.

Boy in Victorian London makes a deal with a demon to avenge himself upon his enemies and when he is done, the demon gets to eat his soul.

Apparently there is going to be a live action movie :unsure:

Have a few Ghibli movies in my collection and have been taking a look on Wiki, there is a new one being released here soon, From up on Poppy Hill and two new ones under development, The Tale of Princess Kaguya and The Wind is Rising.

Bought Madoka Magica on recommendations, only 12 episodes and was not expecting much.

It turns the magical girl Anime on its head, is stylish and has a dark undercurrent.

Brilliant piece of Anime, in my top ten now.

I highly recommend this show.

The end credits song fits it perfectly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmK2EFfzqLs

As does this piece of music showing one of the girls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4Fea8S1S_I

Bought an Anime DVD from the Samaritan Charity shop today 50p. Oh My Godness. Never really watched them but seen so much on here and the thread appears every now and again I thought I'd have a look. They had about half a dozen in a 50p box

From what I've read on the cover it's about a student who wishes for a beautiful girlfrient like the Godess that appears before him then realises that girls are not aloud in the student lodgings.

Sounds strange, got a title ? :blink: if it is perverted it might be Hentai which i stay away from, i like Anime with good story telling and artwork plus musical track.

If you do not like it try flogging it on Ebay :)

Might have to drop in and see what Anime is in there.

Was rethinking my top ten Anime the other day, was hard considering how many good shows have appeared recently.

Currently with series in no order and (edit,) I forgot about Code Geass

Puella Magi; Madoka Magica.....twelve episode magic girl series that twists the whole magic girl Anime into something else, been described as the Evangelion of magic girl Anime.

Evangelion.....took the Anime mecha and turned it into something else entirely, the fact that End of Evangelion has a final track called 'come sweet death' gives you an idea, some peeps just think it is a complete mind ****.

Cowboy Bebop.....a series done to jazz themes, futuristic bounty hunting fun with the crew of the starship Bebop and the third Anime in this list going down where main characters die.

Samurai Champloo......a buddy Anime set in a funky olden day Japan with two master Ronin and a girl.

Ghost in the Shell........cyber punk Anime with the crew of Div.9, based on the movie. Apparently a third series is in the works.

Elfen Lied........violent, bloody with nudity but an excellent 13 episode series, yet another with a sad ending.

Darker than Black.....supernatural super powered thriller, another with a death toll and the death of a main character.

Serial experiments Lain........a great mind**** cyberpunk Anime.

Shiki........love this Anime take on Salems Lott, ends in a blood bath and no one wins.

Ergo Proxy.....not everything is has it appears, quite often the case with the best Anime.

There are a few that did not make that list by a whisker and i am just about to start watching Black Butler plus i included no movies.

Oh My Goddess! is a comedy series based on a Manga that's been running for about 20 years. There was a short OVA (straight to VHS) series in the early 90s, about 5/6 episodes long, and a new adaptation with 2 full series of episodes in 2005.

The basic gist of it is Keichi Morisato is a Uni student, who's a generally nice chap, who has absolutely terrible luck. The Goddess Technical Help Line sends an actual goddess, Belldandy, to grant him 1 wish to make up for all his shitty luck. Thinking the whole thing is a con set up by his roommates, he asks for Belldandy to stay with him forever. And it gets granted.

Basically the series is a light hearted rom-com, with lots of off the wall characters, as Keichi and Belldandy try to live relatively normal lives without anyone busting the fact that she's a goddess. It's one of my favourite series, because it's pretty easy going and good clean fun.

Bought an Anime DVD from the Samaritan Charity shop today 50p. Oh My Godness. Never really watched them but seen so much on here and the thread appears every now and again I thought I'd have a look. They had about half a dozen in a 50p box

From what I've read on the cover it's about a student who wishes for a beautiful girlfrient like the Godess that appears before him then realises that girls are not aloud in the student lodgings.

Sounds like Ah... My Goddess. Never watched it, though I've seen quite a few copies in CeX, so it must be popular to some extent.

--EDIT--

I also thought you'd put "Oh my goodness", well I had fun identifying it.

Yes thats it. There is 3 on the DVD. Cant remember the others. A couple had 15+ on them Nearly got more but I bought a bag with Duff beer on which I want to use for my laptop and reporting gear. Notebook camera etc.

Srrange thing is the DVD type will not play in Japan.

Archived