Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ithuriel

Anime

Not noticed one here so i thought i'd see if anyone else like's Anime on this forum?

Myself i like the sci-fantasy, cyberpunk style's of Anime and have a decent enough collection of very good series.

Ghost in the Shell is one of my favourite classic Animes of which i have all three movies and both the series, of the classic stuff i also have Ninja Scroll the movie and Cowboy Bebop which was a jazzy space bounty hunter story that was designed to last for just the one season with a movie thrown into the middle of that season.

Recent series that i have enjoyed have been DeathNote and Code Geass, Deathnote recently being made into two live action movie's that we're not quite as good as the Anime original.

There's no way around Neon Genesis Evangelion. FACT.

evangelion1.jpeg

I also highly recommend Naoki Urasawa's work, Monster and 20th Century Boys:

monster.jpg

20th-century-boys-1.jpg?w=300

I'm really desperate to get my hands on the Monster Anime DVD series at one point, and 20th Century Boys has been made into at least two feature films in Japan.

However, they tend to be rather on the comic side and don't really touch the serious and sometimes dark theme of the manga.

There are some classics I love like Gundam Wing and the Ghost In The Shell series, not to mention the Ghibli films.

I can't stand the rubbish that gets popularized over here on our TV, though. Pokemon, Yu Gi Oh, DBZ, Naruto, all that shit is just complete dross.

There are some classics I love like Gundam Wing and the Ghost In The Shell series, not to mention the Ghibli films.

I can't stand the rubbish that gets popularized over here on our TV, though. Pokemon, Yu Gi Oh, DBZ, Naruto, all that shit is just complete dross.

Yu Gi Oh is great. I love the way they explain their every move (and often ridiculous get outs). Reminds me of how we used to play games when I was young.

"Bang you're dead!"

"But I've got armour on!"

"But these are armour-piercing bullets!"

"But this is special new armour than can resist armour-piercing bullets!"

"Armour-piercing bullets made from solid diamondite which nothing can stop!"

"Except new hyper-kevlar, which is what my armour is made from!"

That kind of thing.

You're right about Ghibli though Finners.

Even if I was 12ish, when I watched it.

I mean fvck...

Sorry fela, wasn't having a go. But if they were awesome back then it doesn't, in my view fall into the category of classic anime. I'm not taking away your enjoyment and memories of said cartoon, but for me when an anime sells toys and card games, it becomes a non entity in the 'classic list'. Soz.

Sorry fela, wasn't having a go. But if they were awesome back then it doesn't, in my view fall into the category of classic anime. I'm not taking away your enjoyment and memories of said cartoon, but for me when an anime sells toys and card games, it becomes a non entity in the 'classic list'. Soz.

Mate...chill. I'm not bothered :D

I'm not really into anime much anyway.

Don't care what anyone thinks (or even if it's anime or not), but I love DBZ.

I fully endorse this viewpoint. It's cheesy, it's childish and repetitive but fvck me it's good fun. I could watch it all day. Goku would kick absolutely anybody's ass. And yes, I include Supes in that. I love the simplicity of DBZ, fvcking classic TV.

Oh, I must just say though, in case he's reading this, that I love you Hulk and always will and think if you got your anger on you'd crush the puny little flyer man. Don't worry you ol' brute, Rumble will be your friend!

X

I love Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop and Evangelion, good to see them being mentioned in here. I'd also recommend Paranoia Agent (or any of Satoshi Kon's movies, their all good), and recently I've been watching Eden of the East, a new(ish) series from the studio that made Ghost in the Shell.

I'll also bring up Martian Successor Nadesico, for having one of the hammiest funniest dubs I've seen. It was also lighthearted and fun, which was ideal, as the first time I watched it was when the Sci Fi channel was airing it back to back with Evangelion on Saturday mornings years back,. I needed something cheerful towards the end of Evangelion, when it starts getting pretty fcuking bleak. Those were the days :cool:

One of the most disappointing films ever.

I dunno, I enjoyed it but I didn't have high expectations.

I expected it to be an hour-long FF FMV with stunning visuals and that's exactly what it was. For it's time it was just absolutely awe inspiring to look at.

It was never going to be a ground-breaking story.

Archived