Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ithuriel

Anime

Serial experiments Lain.

Lains theme, love the guitar work in this.

Finally finished watching the whole show, very enjoyable and the art work suits it perfectly.

Found this guys take on the final episode of Lain interesting, a bit spoilery though and it is just his interpretation.

Never watched the series, though i have the S.E. movie box set of Ninja Scroll.

Have heard the series is supposed to continue after the movie, when Jube is once again alone after losing her and killing his nemesis.

Looking at getting an Anime peeps have told me is a very good cyberpunk, Ergo Proxy.

Toying with getting Ergo Proxy, has been described as a quality cyberpunk, does look very dark and drained but is supposed to keep you thinking.

The first episode of 23

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kdZdxXGjCU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKb5_S7v0Ro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOnqoa1CWV4

After watching a couple of episodes online i've decided to buy this so i can watch it on my large screen plasma in HD and in English so i can concentrate fully on the plot since it is a fast moving Anime.

Darker than Black is quite an interesting Anime with a high body count.

From what I have seen thus far the back story is that an impossible and strange event happened that changed the world into a darker and violent place.

Two strange areas suddenly appeared on the Earth, Heavens Gate in South America and Hells Gate in Tokyo.

The real sky disappeared as did the moon and stars from view and poeple with special abilities started to appear.

For each of these super powered poeple, as they appear, so does a new star in the strange sky.

Three different types of new humans are the Dolls, passive living comatose type beings that are good at surveillance, the contractors who pay a price for using their power and the third type who have no control over their abilities.

The Contractors work for various governments, syndicates etc.,

There was a Heavens war in South America that lead to the gate there vanishing and taking most of South America with it.

The main story centres around Hei, the 'Black Reaper' and his support team as they work for a syndicate in Tokyo.

When one of these poeple die, their star falls from the sky.

Just finished the first season and it ends with a bang, actually it ends with Hells war and a lot of the characters you got to know,...

This second season has a colder and thus darker feel to it since our heroes :unsure: from the first season have not fared well and introduces a new character.

Suo, a neophyte contractor teenage girl who loses her friends, family and struggles with what her life is becoming alongside the faltering protection of a now alcoholic Hei.

Stereo Pony intro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0CWBM194zc

Finished the second season, NEVER saw that ending coming and at Hellsgate again.

Hoping they do a third season now to see how Hei copes now that everyone he has ever had feelings for has gone and to see what exactly emerged from Hellsgate.

After searching a little it does seem that there will be a third season.

I'm thinking I should probably start a new series while HMV is having its administration sale, but I really dunno what to check out.

The only series I've really watched is Fullmetal Alchemist and Brotherhood, I enjoyed Black Cat when I started reading the manga, and I've seen enough Hellsing to want to avoid that in favour of a new experience.

Darker than Black :thumbup:

Good story, good characters, high body count, sad endings, two full seasons thus far.

Ghost in the Shell, two movies, two series and one t.v. movie with a good storyline and characters.

DeathNote, simple story well told, two live action movies followed the very long anime series.

Samurai Champloo, funky sword action.

Cowboy Bebop, futuristic bounty hunter action.

Trigun, comedic futuristic bounty hunter action.

Ergo Proxy, futuristic cyberpunk sci-fi.

Mardock Scramble, second movie comes out within a couple of months, futuristic cyberpunk revenge story.

So many out there :)

Yeah, thats the only problem, once they sell out they are damned hard to find and then can be very expensive.

If you hop around the net there are sites and even Youtube you can watch things on.

Season two ep.1 but in subs. DTBlack , it leads onto the remaining episodes, though you need to watch the OVAs first to truly understand what has gone on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIYHZepVyjA

Archived