Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ithuriel

Anime

I know nothing about Anime, but I have noticed that the drawings in this thread look the same style as "Battle of the Planets", which was on when I were a lad.

Or am I barking up the wrong bush?

Sort of. Battle of the Planets was an American adaptation of a Japanese series, they very much borrowed the anime "style."

• 8 months later...

Old thread but i'm trying to decide on whether 'Elfen Lied' and 'Wolfs Rain' are worth a fair wedge of my cash.

Never really watched either but everyone who has seen it tells me Elfen Lied is amazing??

To get them currently you are talking about £80 minimum for region2 boxed sets.

Whenever I'm struggling at the Gym, I think "what would Goku do", and add more weights.

Whenever I'm struggling in the gym I think what would Frank Worthington do, then I drop the weights and nip round a mates house,shag his missus then go on a bender down the pub.

Old thread but i'm trying to decide on whether 'Elfen Lied' and 'Wolfs Rain' are worth a fair wedge of my cash.

Never really watched either but everyone who has seen it tells me Elfen Lied is amazing??

To get them currently you are talking about £80 minimum for region2 boxed sets.

Do you want to own them, or just watch them? Sure you could download them or subscribe to something like lovefilm or netflix, they currently have a free trial offer, sign up, watch them then you can decide if you want to buy them.

Actually it looks like netflix has a limited film catalogue, so that may not work, but I'm sure you could download it.

Just searched for Elfin Lied and Wolfs Rain on Lovefilm.co.uk and they are both there, so probably cheaper than £80 and unlimited other films too.

Elfen Lied is well worth owning. Absolutely staggeringly good series, one of the best anime dramas.

Odd bit of out of place fan service which gives it a mixed reputation but if you can just accept that the very occasional bit of boob grabbing is just a cultural phenomena in Japanese pop culture then you should get on with it.

Do you want to own them, or just watch them? Sure you could download them or subscribe to something like lovefilm or netflix, they currently have a free trial offer, sign up, watch them then you can decide if you want to buy them.

Actually it looks like netflix has a VERY limited film catalogue, so that may not work, but I'm sure you could download it.

Just searched for Elfin Lied and Wolfs Rain on Lovefilm.co.uk and they are both there, so probably cheaper than £80 and unlimited other films too.

Corrected! :thumbup:

I love me some DBZ... infact I can't wait to get the new DBZ Kai Blurays...

All the fights and none of the crap (i.e. no Garlic Jnr.). Just like the Manga.

If only I had money... :(

Well, i guess you only live once and cash is just a tool so 'Elfen Lied' is something i will get :)

An idiot and his money are soon separated, sign up for a free trial of lovefilm, you can watch some of both see if they are worth buying cancel your subscription, it is free.

An idiot and his money are soon separated, sign up for a free trial of lovefilm, you can watch some of both see if they are worth buying cancel your subscription, it is free.

Strange, i hear the same quote when i tell peeps i watch City and it is, 'a fool and his money are easily parted' :P

Anyone who categorises Beyblade/Yugi-oh/ or any other card swapping/game anime as awesome or classic loses my respect and 1000 man points.

I'm not sure which is worse: insulting someone's manhood because he doesn't like the same types of cartoons as you, or using the phrase, "man points."

The original director of Evangelion is part way through rereleasing the story in movie format but is also remaking the story to how he actually wanted it to be made since things were not going quite right the first time around.

He has also been adding new characters, improved the art and has been ramping up the fight scenes apparently and the fourth movie will end in a totally different fashion to the original series.

I have Evangelion 1.11 and have just ordered Evangelion 2.22.

• 1 month later...

My latest additions to my collection, Shikabane Hime and Haruhi Suzumiya plus the Bleach movies, sometimes i watch Bleach when i want to just watch long drawn out fights lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zXhh1KCFEQ

An edited episodic Bleach fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_qPYr2hrSQ&feature=related

Two seasons and an open ending, hopefully there will be a third

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTCLSQ499wI&feature=fvst

Archived