Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ithuriel

Anime

Thought I'd try the Fate series of Anime, which was based off of a game.

Fate Stay Night first, since Zero is a prequel and supposed to be far superior.

At first I thought I'd bought a bit of a clunker, the first episodes just slowly set things up, a number of what appear cliched characters and a main character who is exceptionally dumb.

Then it gets good and quite entertaining, since you always need nasty bad guys and heroes who will fall.

The Grail wars is a good idea and apparently they really go for it in Zero, you have seven mages who get to summon a champion to fight for them and their can only be one winner.

The winner gets to make a wish once they hold the Grail which appears for a short time every so often.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrv6y_-v9Qg

Watched Fate Stay Night and it was decent rising to very good inspite of a not so great lead character, Zero though is very good from the start, Ep. 3 and 4 going into 5 are the opening battles in the fourth Grail war, it is just a shame that being a prequel I know how it ends.

Watching Zero online at Zero Anime with subtitles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPIGeaCkKWw

Great battle tune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOzJPRNXt7s

Think my fave bad ass character is now the good guy of Fate Zero, Emiya, fights dirty and to win which does not sit well with Arturia.

There are so many good characters in this but now halfway through they are starting to drop like flies after some vicious battles.

The Fate series is definitely worth watching if you like Anime, though Stay Night is the fun friendly version and Zero is the darker, nastier story.

Not yet seen the movie, Bladeworks or whatever it is called.

A cut together scene from the bloody battle at the river, you have the heroic spirit servants Gilgamesh vs' Berserker but not shown is the battle with Arturia, lancer and Iskandar fighting Cthulu/ Gils de rais with some of the masters duking it out in the background.

Love the comments section :)

" only in Anime do you get a Babylonian and medi eval knight in air combat" and "a gender bent King Arthur walking on water fighting Cthulu" :D

The death toll of characters in the second half of the season is relentless but Ep.21 in the church actually came as a little bit of a shock :(

Major spoilers, the final battles of Zero and the 4th Grail war but in Spanish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtFzN74qh_A

Ah, Blood C hits in June :) though there are a lot of new releases coming out this year.

Still have yet to see either Naruto or One Piece, there are just so many Anime series and movies to get through including the new Ghost in the Shell that is being produced.

Will be interesting to see the new third season of Code Geass.

Watching the first season of Higurashi on ZeroAnime.net.

Just finished Ep.2 and it is not messing around telling the story, very interesting already.

Ep.3 and it is getting quite interesting, spooky ghost story :thumbup:

Watched the first seven episodes of Tiger & Bunny too, not certain what to make of it yet, has potential :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The second Mardock Scramble movie was decent, great animation but the middle part of the story. FairyTail is proving quite a nice Anime, strangely quite childish but epic at the same time. Just finished the Phantom Lord arc where the strongest Guild try to eradicate FairyTail in a battle that lasts ten episodes or so. All the characters have stories and there is magic and Dragons :thumbup: and mysterious super powerful mages ala Mystogan of FairyTail http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDNYMl-KhtI

• 4 weeks later...

Ordered a few more, lots of releases over here this year, a veritable explosion really :D

Ga Rei Zero

Two sisters who fight demons but one gets possessed, sister against sister.

Penguin Drum

Siblings who are put on a quest with penguins only they can see.

Shakugan No Shana

Another battle between good and evil, a flame haze and a doomed boy.

Ordering Black Rock Shooter next week.

Ga Rei Zero is an interesting Anime, violent but beautiful, with a good soundtrack and like all the best Animes has tragic character's.

This video shows the story but has some major spoilers and uses the opening track again :)

Booked four days for the Anime convention in Leicester during September :)

Alcon2013.

Just started watching Dream Eater Merry, reminds me for some reason of Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett.

Keeping an eye out for the DVD release of Evangelion 3 too though there are a lot of clips on Youtube now.

Watching a currently airing Anime online whose English title is, Attack on Titan.

It is a bit of a strange one thus far but soon sucks you into the story about humanity struggling to survive against giant humanoids who eat you and are reduced to living within a giant walled city with ancient technology, and like a lot of Anime has that WTF moment when it completely throws your expectation's into the bin with episode five.

Seen a few WTF moments in Anime in recent years where the story get's turned on it's head or something happens you completely were not expecting, the last few being Madoka Magica and GaRei Zero.

• 1 month later...

Watching a currently airing Anime online whose English title is, Attack on Titan.

It is a bit of a strange one thus far but soon sucks you into the story about humanity struggling to survive against giant humanoids who eat you and are reduced to living within a giant walled city with ancient technology, and like a lot of Anime has that WTF moment when it completely throws your expectation's into the bin with episode five.

Seen a few WTF moments in Anime in recent years where the story get's turned on it's head or something happens you completely were not expecting, the last few being Madoka Magica and GaRei Zero.

Started watching this recently; not really into anime as such aside from Gundam Wing (unless you count Dragonball Z when I was a kid), but if they are all as good as this I might have to check some out. Code Geass looks interesting, and someone recommended me Death Note. I'll have to give this thread a read as well.

Currently watching Penguindrum and of course Attack on Titan, Ep.14 which is out at the weekend is a recap episode though from what I've heard.

The transfigure scene from Mawaru Penguindrum :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eDwn2Pq82I

DeathNote is pretty good but at 37 episodes will take a bit of time or you can watch the two live action movies :)

Archived