Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox 4 Life

Australian Defender

Some info about him... he had trials with Arsenal and Real Madrid

Timpano spent his youth playing days at Fernhill and attended school at the Holy Spirit College in Ballambi. He was picked up by the Wollongong Youth Academy and his talents also gained him two years at the NSW Institute of Sport. While Timpano is now regarded as a central defender, it wasn't too long ago that he was a reputable striker. In fact he was the leading goalscorer in the National Youth League of 2001. Here's a something you can throw up at trivia night; Timpano has considerable upper body strength. At a regional christian high school athletics carnival, Timpano finished second in 14 year old boys discus, with a throw of 27.70. He also finished second in the shot put throwing 10.74. Initially breaking through the Wolves squad at the age of 16, he finished his NSL career with 30+ appearances. He is very unlucky not to be playing in Europe at the moment, as in 2003 he was invited for a trial with Arsenal and Real Madrid were also monitoring his progress but both clubs were scared off by FIFA rules which deny under 18's from working overseas without parental supervision. He has many international youth honours under his belt. He featured in the Under 16's Pacific Cup, captained the Joeys unsuccessful campaign at the Under 17's World Championships in England and has already been named in the Young Socceroos squad that will compete in the Oceania World Youth Championship Qualifiers. He stuck with Wollongong when the NSL finished and on the 4th of December 2004 was snapped up by Sydney FC.

131556[/snapback]

:eek:

Get the lad in quick before someone realises who he is! Sounds very good, I like defenders with an eye for goal.

131563[/snapback]

If Arsenal and Real Madrid were interested, then it seems very promising.

I can't say I've heard of him, but it could be that Levein's scouting could be starting to make some progress.

131581[/snapback]

WOW - Arsenal and Real Madrid - Must mean he's wicked! :rolleyes:

There big clubs, but we're living and making opioins of other clubs, Arsenal and Real Madrid didn't sign him did they? Why was that? Because he wasn't good enough? Maybe it was maybe it wasn't no-one knows, but we're making opinions of what other clubs have been involed with, We should make decisions on what the players would be like a Leicester City Football Club not what players have done in the past, its nice to see what players hvae done and acheived in the past but we should make opinions and decisions on players because of what they have done/will do at LCFC!

Obviously you can't make decisions of what players will do at LCFC if we havn't signed them but what i'm trying to say is we'e making desicions on his past, we're making decisions on this player on his past reputations...

Timpano spent his youth playing days at Fernhill and attended school at the Holy Spirit College in Ballambi. He was picked up by the Wollongong Youth Academy and his talents also gained him two years at the NSW Institute of Sport. While Timpano is now regarded as a central defender, it wasn't too long ago that he was a reputable striker. In fact he was the leading goalscorer in the National Youth League of 2001. Here's a something you can throw up at trivia night; Timpano has considerable upper body strength. At a regional christian high school athletics carnival, Timpano finished second in 14 year old boys discus, with a throw of 27.70. He also finished second in the shot put throwing 10.74. Initially breaking through the Wolves squad at the age of 16, he finished his NSL career with 30+ appearances. He is very unlucky not to be playing in Europe at the moment, as in 2003 he was invited for a trial with Arsenal and Real Madrid were also monitoring his progress but both clubs were scared off by FIFA rules which deny under 18's from working overseas without parental supervision. He has many international youth honours under his belt. He featured in the Under 16's Pacific Cup, captained the Joeys unsuccessful campaign at the Under 17's World Championships in England and has already been named in the Young Socceroos squad that will compete in the Oceania World Youth Championship Qualifiers. He stuck with Wollongong when the NSL finished and on the 4th of December 2004 was snapped up by Sydney FC.

131556[/snapback]

Get the lad in quick before someone realises who he is! Sounds very good, I like defenders with an eye for goal.

131563[/snapback]

I can't say I've heard of him, but it could be that Levein's scouting could be starting to make some progress.

131581[/snapback]

There big clubs, but we're living and making opioins of other clubs, Arsenal and Real Madrid didn't sign him did they? Why was that? Because he wasn't good enough? Maybe it was maybe it wasn't no-one knows, but we're making opinions of what other clubs have been involed with, We should make decisions on what the players would be like a Leicester City Football Club not what players have done in the past, its nice to see what players hvae done and acheived in the past but we should make opinions and decisions on players because of what they have done/will do at LCFC!

Obviously you can't make decisions of what players will do at LCFC if we havn't signed them but what i'm trying to say is we'e making desicions on his past, we're making decisions on this player on his past reputations...

131821[/snapback]

So what are you trying to say? We shouldn't look at his past until we see what he will do at LCFC? but surely his past will tell us that. :S

131556[/snapback]

131563[/snapback]

131581[/snapback]

131821[/snapback]

So what are you trying to say? We shouldn't look at his past until we see what he will do at LCFC? but surely his past will tell us that. :S

131824[/snapback]

That one had me confused aswell lol, one minute he's saying we shouldn't judge him on what he's done, then one minute we should judge his past? :S :S :S :S lol

but what i'm trying to say is we'e making desicions on his past, we're making decisions on this player on his past reputations...

131821[/snapback]

Isn't every player bought on their past reputation??? Unless other teams have a crystal ball to see into the future. If real madrid signed Henry it's because of what he's done the previous season.

Just because two of the best teams in europe didn't take him doesn't mean he isn't good enough for the english first division. It obviously means he has a bit of talent but not enough to win the champions league... and I can't see us being anywhere near doing that anytime soon!!!!

131556[/snapback]

131563[/snapback]

131581[/snapback]

131821[/snapback]

131824[/snapback]

No as I said it is nice to see what players have done in there past and what they have achieved BUT we have had it before looked at players pasts expected so much from players then they have just turned out flops...

Maybe it was a bad season last season and this is only one example but Connolly - We signed him alot of people we're saying "He's the new Dickov" - "He'll score 20 goals easely next season" - "He will be the player to get us promoted" - We he really scored 20 goals didn't he? :rolleyes: He really got us promoted didn't he? :rolleyes: He really replaced Dickov didn't he? :rolleyes:

As I said its only one example I have gave there but all the original quotes about Connolly at the start of last season we're based on his past, none of them we're true last season we're they?! I hope Connolly does do all those things next season, who knows?

131556[/snapback]

131563[/snapback]

131581[/snapback]

131821[/snapback]

131824[/snapback]

That one had me confused aswell lol, one minute he's saying we shouldn't judge him on what he's done, then one minute we should judge his past? :S :S :S :S lol

131826[/snapback]

Any Excuse for a moan eh lol

131556[/snapback]

131563[/snapback]

131581[/snapback]

131821[/snapback]

131824[/snapback]

131826[/snapback]

131829[/snapback]

Yep moaning :rolleyes::blink::S:unsure:

Never opinions - Never my feelings over one topic - Never my views on a topic...always a "moan" :rolleyes:

131556[/snapback]

131563[/snapback]

131581[/snapback]

131821[/snapback]

131824[/snapback]

No as I said it is nice to see what players have done in there past and what they have achieved BUT we have had it before looked at players pasts expected so much from players then they have just turned out flops...

Maybe it was a bad season last season and this is only one example but Connolly - We signed him alot of people we're saying "He's the new Dickov" - "He'll score 20 goals easely next season" - "He will be the player to get us promoted" - We he really scored 20 goals didn't he? :rolleyes: He really got us promoted didn't he? :rolleyes: He really replaced Dickov didn't he? :rolleyes:

As I said its only one example I have gave there but all the original quotes about Connolly at the start of last season we're based on his past, none of them we're true last season we're they?! I hope Connolly does do all those things next season, who knows?

131828[/snapback]

I'm not quite sure what you're on about, maybe what you're trying to say is we shouldn't get too excited about these new lads with big reps? But then whats the point in being a football fan, you just become boring.

131556[/snapback]

131563[/snapback]

131581[/snapback]

131821[/snapback]

131824[/snapback]

131828[/snapback]

So we should sign players who haven't got any reputation??

No offence but you talk a load of old tripe mate.

131556[/snapback]

131563[/snapback]

131581[/snapback]

131821[/snapback]

131824[/snapback]

131826[/snapback]

131829[/snapback]

Yep moaning :rolleyes::blink::S:unsure:

Never opinions - Never my feelings over one topic - Never my views on a topic...always a "moan" :rolleyes:

131830[/snapback]

Spot on, best thing you've posted all night

Just because two of the best teams in europe didn't take him

They didn't even have a chance to reject him, as he never had the trials. So we could be making a real find here!

131834[/snapback]

I know I was just making a point. Under 18 aussies can't go abroad without a parent.

131556[/snapback]

131563[/snapback]

131581[/snapback]

131821[/snapback]

131824[/snapback]

131828[/snapback]

131832[/snapback]

None taken - Maybe its just me not being able to put it into words (bit pointless on a messageboard :rolleyes:lol) but I know in my head I have a valid point...Yes what Durnerz has said

I'm not quite sure what you're on about, maybe what you're trying to say is we shouldn't get too excited about these new lads with big reps? But then whats the point in being a football fan, you just become boring.
is more like what I am trying to say! Maybe you just become a boring football fan BUT so many people were "moaning" last season why was that?! Because prehaps people had set there expectations slightly too high!

131556[/snapback]

131563[/snapback]

131581[/snapback]

131821[/snapback]

131824[/snapback]

131828[/snapback]

131832[/snapback]

None taken - Maybe its just me not being able to put it into words (bit pointless on a messageboard :rolleyes:lol) but I know in my head I have a valid point...Yes what Durnerz has said

is more like what I am trying to say! Maybe you just become a boring football fan BUT so many people were "moaning" last season why was that?! Because prehaps people had set there expectations slightly too high!

131838[/snapback]

Or maybe because when the team needed support moaners wouldnt stand up and be counted (Hence the West stand being half empty all season). I find no joy whatsoever in taking a pessimistic approach to football, wheres the fun in that? Footballs about highs and lows, how can it be enjoyed when you're on a permenant low?

131556[/snapback]

131563[/snapback]

131581[/snapback]

131821[/snapback]

131824[/snapback]

131828[/snapback]

131832[/snapback]

131838[/snapback]

Or maybe because when the team needed support moaners wouldnt stand up and be counted (Hence the West stand being half empty all season). I find no joy whatsoever in taking a pessimistic approach to football, wheres the fun in that? Footballs about highs and lows, how can it be enjoyed when you're on a permenant low?

131841[/snapback]

(I'm not saying you are - Just heard the word "moaning" and my ears started burning :unsure:) but if your meaning me I was there all season so I stood up and was counted, I might "moan"( :rolleyes: Apparently) but I don't in the stadium, i'll have my different opinions (Or :rolleyes: "moans") on every single player, but I support each player in the stadium....

131841[/snapback]

Very good point :thumbup:

Zola had an average season when he was at Chelsea before his last season, and he did what De Vries is doing now and came back early for training and he was amazing in his last season. I'm confident De Vries can produce what he has up in Scotland this season for us.

131556[/snapback]

131563[/snapback]

131581[/snapback]

131821[/snapback]

Where did I say he was 'wicked'?

I'm pointing that if clubs such as Arsenal and Real Madrid display an interest in a player, it must be promising.

Archived