Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox 4 Life

Australian Defender

De Vries will do well this year. 13 goals or more.

131868[/snapback]

Levein said in an Interview on Radio Leicester that he doesn't expect that many goals out of DeVries (I think he said about 10), what he expects is for devries to create goalscoring opportunities for other players...like Connolly.

Don;t expect too many goals. We must therefore support DeVries because if he doesn't do his job then Connolly will have to work twice as hard and feed off another outlet. If we get on DeVries' back early on, he may not recover.

Please Please Please support the guy. Hes been training longer and harder than everyone else because he wants us to succeed and he wants to wear the City blue...lets get behind anyone who does that! ;)

De Vries will do well this year. 13 goals or more.

131868[/snapback]

Levein said in an Interview on Radio Leicester that he doesn't expect that many goals out of DeVries (I think he said about 10), what he expects is for devries to create goalscoring opportunities for other players...like Connolly.

Don;t expect too many goals. We must therefore support DeVries because if he doesn't do his job then Connolly will have to work twice as hard and feed off another outlet. If we get on DeVries' back early on, he may not recover.

Please Please Please support the guy. Hes been training longer and harder than everyone else because he wants us to succeed and he wants to wear the City blue...lets get behind anyone who does that! ;)

131897[/snapback]

Levein was quoted as saying on the end of season Radio Leicester phone-in that he expects de Vries to get well in to double figures next season.

Changing expectations?

The trials never happened because of the FIFA rules. So that's a bonus that we could be getting someone who was wanted by Real Madrid and Arsenal. And he wasn't rejected by them.

131792[/snapback]

The trials did happen, the FIFA rules say you cannot move abroad and sign a contract under 18, unless your family move there with you. However, there is nothing there that says you can't trial/train with an overseas club, as long you have your current clubs approval.

As for Jacob Timpano, he is an alright player, he's good on the ball, a very strong header, good distributer and a fair tackler but he is quite slow.

The lack of a National League over here for the last 2 years has meant he hasn't really had much of a chance to develop, but I think he could have the raw talent to play at the Championship level, though not straight away.

I'm pretty sure he won't be signing this year if he was going to sign, as he has only just signed for Sydney and they will want him for at least 1 season.

i really hope this lad sign for us, because that would make 5 aussies in the squad, which could mean a pre seson tour to australia would be a possibility, i can only hope :)

if only city had listened to be before,

a few years back i wrote a letter to leicester city fc telling them to sign a young player by the name of BRETT EMERTON who plays for sydney utd?

did they listen but? noooo

if they want a good player, kristen sharkies is ment to be the next big thing in aus soccer, but i also know that he is a bit of a party boy and i would not be suprised if he threw it all away which would be a shame

i really hope this lad sign for us, because that would make 5 aussies in the squad, which could mean a pre seson tour to australia would be a possibility, i can only hope :)

if only city had listened to be before,

a few years back i wrote a letter to leicester city fc telling them to sign a young player by the name of BRETT EMERTON who plays for sydney utd? 

did they listen but?  noooo

131941[/snapback]

My suggestion is that if you can spot players in Aus like that, become a FIFA registered agent. ;)

Leicester trial Aussie international XML / RSS

Australian youth international Jacob Timpano will reportedly spend this week on trial with English Championship side Leicester.

The Sydney FC defender left last weekend, despite attempts by Football Federation Australia to block the trial.

Source

not sure what date this is.

in a nutshell, why would the footy federation try to block the trial?

if someones mentioned it apologies i've only scim read some of the long posts previous

133709[/snapback]

I think they tried to block it as they are attempting to set up the new "A-League" which Dwight Yorke is playing in. They are trying to set up a quality league and I can see why they wouldn't want there talented homegrown players leaving for the otherside of the world.

Some info about him... he had trials with Arsenal and Real Madrid

Timpano spent his youth playing days at Fernhill and attended school at the Holy Spirit College in Ballambi. He was picked up by the Wollongong Youth Academy and his talents also gained him two years at the NSW Institute of Sport. While Timpano is now regarded as a central defender, it wasn't too long ago that he was a reputable striker. In fact he was the leading goalscorer in the National Youth League of 2001. Here's a something you can throw up at trivia night; Timpano has considerable upper body strength. At a regional christian high school athletics carnival, Timpano finished second in 14 year old boys discus, with a throw of 27.70. He also finished second in the shot put throwing 10.74. Initially breaking through the Wolves squad at the age of 16, he finished his NSL career with 30+ appearances. He is very unlucky not to be playing in Europe at the moment, as in 2003 he was invited for a trial with Arsenal and Real Madrid were also monitoring his progress but both clubs were scared off by FIFA rules which deny under 18's from working overseas without parental supervision. He has many international youth honours under his belt. He featured in the Under 16's Pacific Cup, captained the Joeys unsuccessful campaign at the Under 17's World Championships in England and has already been named in the Young Socceroos squad that will compete in the Oceania World Youth Championship Qualifiers. He stuck with Wollongong when the NSL finished and on the 4th of December 2004 was snapped up by Sydney FC.

131556[/snapback]

:eek:

Get the lad in quick before someone realises who he is! Sounds very good, I like defenders with an eye for goal.

131563[/snapback]

But he is not English. :eek: lollol:D:D:P:thumbup:;)

131567[/snapback]

He speaks English. That'll do. Let's beat the drum for Timpano!

Lads,

Time for a reality check.

I had some Aussie friends send me the DVDs of the Aussie youth world cup matches. Mainly so I could see how young Weso went. (Excellent by the way).

Guess who stood out as the most inept in their first game against Benin ? Timpano.

He was too slow and not well co-ordinated.

He did get a bit better in the following games but he is certainly not up to our standards. I think he'll be found out during his week trial. If he's not then he wont last the season.

Sorry to spoil the party. ;)

Lads,

Time for a reality check.

I had some Aussie friends send me the DVDs of the Aussie youth world cup matches. Mainly so I could see how young Weso went. (Excellent by the way).

Guess who stood out as the most inept in their first game against Benin ? Timpano.

He was too slow and not well co-ordinated.

He did get a bit better in the following games but he is certainly not up to our standards. I think he'll be found out during his week trial. If he's not then he wont last the season.

Sorry to spoil the party.  ;)

134776[/snapback]

Fair enough point, you've seen him play so you can pass a comment. But I'll play devil's advocate here and say if anyone watched the European Championships last summer and didn't know about the reputation of the players, they would think David Beckham was dismal too. Timpano may have just had a bad tourny. ;)

Not sure if this has been posted yet

Timpano move blocked?

The FFA has threatened Jacob Timpano's possible move to Leicester City saying he must stay with Sydney FC or they will take measures to cancel the move. While Timpano hasn't been offered a contract yet, the FFA has strongly opposed his trial at Leicester City despite having the blessing of the club but Matt Carroll says the FFA is prepared to cancel any deal in a bid to stop the A-league becoming a farm for European clubs; "Under our contracting rules with the clubs an early ending of a contract requires our approval, and we have the power to enforce that. We will weigh each case on its merits, but Jacob is exactly the sort of player we want to keep in the A-League, certainly for the first season. Our underlying philosophy is to develop Australian talent through the A-League. That is something we exposed to the clubs right from the start. Obviously money talks, unique talent will always go overseas and players will want to further their ambitions. We understand that. But we're also about building a new league, and we don't want the A-League turned into a farm. This is not necessarily about Jacob, but if all the clubs start doing is selling players overseas then we won't be happy at all. We want to see our best young players performing in our own competition, at least for a while." The FFA took no action to prevent ECU Joondalup youngster Shane Lowry from moving to Aston Villa in April and are happy for Young Socceroo Spase Dilevski to look for a new club in Europe. Maybe a national youth league is required to ensure Australia's rising talent stays down under longer.

sounds like we wont get him, from reading that article and ones from other sites

ooh 200 posts  :smile:

135600[/snapback]

200 posts in 11 months. lollol :w00t: :w00t: There are some posters on here for whom 200 posts is a couple of days work. :whistle::whistle:

Keep up the posting. :):D:Dlol:thumbup:;)

Archived