Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Gerrard Set To Leave Liverpool

Anyone read 442?

It had a psychic who predicted that he'd go to Chelsea. Other predictions were that Ashley Cole would go to an English club.

Beckham would recieve a horrible injury while playing for Real Madrid and return to England to play for a small club.

And the best one, England will go out in the quarter finals of the world cup to a team wearing a striped shirt, Sven will leave, and another foreign coach will come in. He will lead us to the 2010 world cup! :D

Anyone read 442?

It had a psychic who predicted that he'd go to Chelsea. Other predictions were that Ashley Cole would go to an English club.

Beckham would recieve a horrible injury while playing for Real Madrid and return to England to play for a small club.

And the best one, England will go out in the quarter finals of the world cup to a team wearing a striped shirt, Sven will leave, and another foreign coach will come in. He will lead us to the 2010 world cup! :D

131705[/snapback]

If they all become true, i shall give my left testicle to charity ;)

Sounds silly but at Anfield when I went to Liverpool v Chelsea at the end when Mourinho shook hands with the Liverpool players leaving the pitch he shook Gerrards hand the same way he did his other players.

I think Gerrards Agents have a lot to do with this, Benitez has come out and stated he wants Gerrard to have a career here beyond playing so thats garaunteed Job security however an Agent can make a lot out of a £30m move to Chelsea for Steven.

Hope he uses his heart over his head.

Personally, i think its the agents just creating the stories to get more money for their clinets, which then means more money for them. Which IMO, is corrupting football and making it a money driven game.

If he does leave Liverpool, i cant see him going to Chelsea because i he would get loads of stick from Liverpool fans both on and off -field. The only place he can go then is Real Madrid. They are the only club with that kind of money. The only other club would be Juventus but they may have to do some player exchange, and then the other issue would be wages.

it's official...

Steven Gerrard has told Liverpool he wants to leave Anfield after turning down a new £100,000-a-week contract.

The 25-year-old captain made his move after Liverpool rejected a £32m bid from Premiership champions Chelsea.

A Liverpool club statement read: "The club has made it crystal clear we want to keep Steven at Anfield.

"Sadly, he has told us that he will not accept our offer of an improved and extended contract because he wants to leave," the statement added.

it's official...

Steven Gerrard has told Liverpool he wants to leave Anfield after turning down a new £100,000-a-week contract.

The 25-year-old captain made his move after Liverpool rejected a £32m bid from Premiership champions Chelsea.

A Liverpool club statement read: "The club has made it crystal clear we want to keep Steven at Anfield.

"Sadly, he has told us that he will not accept our offer of an improved and extended contract because he wants to leave," the statement added.

132158[/snapback]

Sums the low life badge kissing lying toerag up completely.

Where ever he goes I hope he fails and I hope the Liverpool fans give him all the abuse he deserves. Yet another so called superstar who thinks he is bigger than the Club that raised him.

Total willy puller.

it's official...

132158[/snapback]

Sums the low life badge kissing lying toerag up completely.

Where ever he goes I hope he fails and I hope the Liverpool fans give him all the abuse he deserves. Yet another so called superstar who thinks he is bigger than the Club that raised him.

Total willy puller.

132172[/snapback]

1 Million % agree there Barton

Firstly, I cant understand how someone can reject £100,000 a week :blink:

Yes, he might want to move to win more trophies, but his team have just won the Champions League ffs! Ok, the league is over more games, but winning the champions league shows theyve got as much potential to be a force in England as the other big teams.

This thread is now pointless...and all we have said doesnt apply.

Hes staying at Liverpool...but then again i wouldnt be surprised to see another twist!

132930[/snapback]

The Telegraph today described him as the "footballer with a conscience", and said in an article "Gerrard genuinely wanted to stay at Anfield. But something changed, whether annoyance at the board's tardiness in offering a new deal, a suspicion that manager Rafa Benitez would rather build around Xabi Alonso him..."

Kind links with him saying he didn't think he was wanted.

Glad he's changed his mind, he was one of the few footballers who I actually thought wasn't a bad chap.

Hes staying at Liverpool...but then again i wouldnt be surprised to see another twist!

132930[/snapback]

The Telegraph today described him as the "footballer with a conscience", and said in an article "Gerrard genuinely wanted to stay at Anfield. But something changed, whether annoyance at the board's tardiness in offering a new deal, a suspicion that manager Rafa Benitez would rather build around Xabi Alonso him..."

Glad he's changed his mind, he was one of the few footballers who I actually thought wasn't a bad chap.

132989[/snapback]

He's staying now because he will have been threatened by the supporters of the Club he is supposed to love. I bet last night he absolutely crapped himself around Liverpool/Merseyside or Cheshire.

Liverpool fans ain't stupid and he won't be allowed to forget this. Yellow bellied liar

Who does he think he is? If the manager chooses to build a team around Alonso then so be it. He isn't bigger than the Club, perhaps he should have shown more commitment to the Club rather than playing them in the media and using the media to hold LFC to ransom. Another one of these players that believe the hype surrounding him, allegedely world class according to the media. lol

There is only two world class midfielders from England in recent times, Paul Scholes and Frank Lampard.

,Jul 6 2005, 1:55 PM]

132930[/snapback]

132989[/snapback]

He's staying now because he will have been threatened by the supporters of the Club he is supposed to love. I bet last night he absolutely crapped himself around Liverpool/Merseyside or Cheshire.

Liverpool fans ain't stupid and he won't be allowed to forget this. Yellow bellied liar

Who does he think he is? If the manager chooses to build a team around Alonso then so be it. He isn't bigger than the Club, perhaps he should have shown more commitment to the Club rather than playing them in the media and using the media to hold LFC to ransom. Another one of these players that believe the hype surrounding him, allegedely world class according to the media. lol

There is only two world class midfielders from England in recent times, Paul Scholes and Frank Lampard.

133261[/snapback]

You won't find me arguing with that, he's fantastic!!

Steven Gerrard is head and shoulders above Frank Lampard. Gerrard can lift a whole team just look at the European Cup Final for god sake, His goal re-vitalised them.

How anyone can question him for wanting to leave is absurd. He has served his time at Liverpool and won them the king of all European Trophies for the first time in 20 years. He won it almost single handedly at times. If it wasn't for him on more than 2 or 3 occasions in that competition Liverpool would have been facing one of their worst season for 50 years.

How do we know what has gone on at Liverpool, perhaps Benitez isn't really as keen to keep hold of Gerrard as he makes out he is. Everybody goes by what's said in the media but from hearing Gerrard speak in the past i'd say he's one of the genuine players in football and I doubt he's been lying.

I know it's irrelevant now, but it pisses me off that players are branded dis-loyal when they leave clubs. Some footballers are, but some aren't. Why brand them all with the same lame tag? Gerrard has given his all for Liverpool, the harsh reality is that he won't win that many trophies at Liverpool. He would at Chelsea, he's too good for Liverpool. I'd class him him as being one of the best midfielders in the world and Liverpool most certainly aren't one of the best teams in the world even though they are current European champions.

Steven Gerrard is head and shoulders above Frank Lampard. Gerrard can lift a whole team just look at the European Cup Final for god sake, His goal re-vitalised them.

How anyone can question him for wanting to leave is absurd. He has served his time at Liverpool and won them the king of all European Trophies for the first time in 20 years. He won it almost single handedly at times. If it wasn't for him on more than 2 or 3 occasions in that competition Liverpool would have been facing one of their worst season for 50 years.

How do we know what has gone on at Liverpool, perhaps Benitez isn't really as keen to keep hold of Gerrard as he makes out he is. Everybody goes by what's said in the media but from hearing Gerrard speak in the past i'd say he's one of the genuine players in football and I doubt he's been lying.

I know it's irrelevant now, but it pisses me off that players are branded dis-loyal when they leave clubs. Some footballers are, but some aren't. Why brand them all with the same lame tag? Gerrard has given his all for Liverpool, the harsh reality is that he won't win that many trophies at Liverpool. He would at Chelsea, he's too good for Liverpool. I'd class him him as being one of the best midfielders in the world and Liverpool most certainly aren't one of the best teams in the world even though they are current European champions.

133485[/snapback]

One of the best players in the world, please, I didn't have you down as one to be taken in by media hype. Gerrard has never consistantly maintained his form throughout a season of even 3/4's of a season. Turning it on against Olympiakos or whoever is fine but when you can't do it against Norwich is a more telling fact.

Lampard has been the best English midfielder for the last 2 and half seasons and the one player that might take England to a World Cup final.

Gerrard is being branded disloyal because he played Liverpool along in the media wanting this wanting that and when it was all there he still wanted to leave. Then a night seeing and feeling the disgust of his people and he comes crawling back. The Scousers won't forget this.

The fact Benetiz isn't so keen to keep him might suggest he isn't all that either ;)

133485[/snapback]

One of the best players in the world, please, I didn't have you down as one to be taken in by media hype. Gerrard has never consistantly maintained his form throughout a season of even 3/4's of a season. Turning it on against Olympiakos or whoever is fine but when you can't do it against Norwich is a more telling fact.

Lampard has been the best English midfielder for the last 2 and half seasons and the one player that might take England to a World Cup final.

Gerrard is being branded disloyal because he played Liverpool along in the media wanting this wanting that and when it was all there he still wanted to leave. Then a night seeing and feeling the disgust of his people and he comes crawling back. The Scousers won't forget this.

The fact Benetiz isn't so keen to keep him might suggest he isn't all that either ;)

133672[/snapback]

What a load of bollocks, Benitez said publically in a press conference on Sky Sports news "I want Steven at this club, I will offer him jobs after football, coach,assistant manager, scout etc etc"

Ever think it may be Gerrards Agents in amongst all this?

When a player becomes more important that the club you know that there will be problems like this. Gerrard has realised how important he is to the club and instead of the club letting him go they caved in and did everything to stop him from going.

That shouldnt be the case in football and even though Gerrard is a great player, no player should ever be bigger than the club.

• 9 months later...

Anyone read 442?

Well...Scolari is foreign...

Also another prediction was that Liverpool will win a major trophy this year, and that looks likely to come true.

Archived