Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
corbyfox1884

Jock Wallace's legendary fitness regime ..don't make 'em like this anymore

I remember this as if it were yesterday.

Caused quite a stir at the time as something like this was generally unheard of.

After all these years it would be interesting to hear what the players thought about it.

Was the Birch playing for them at this time?

We should start a let's bring back the Hill campaign.

Aaaah, Jock Wallace, who in his first season with us, took us to 17th in the old 2nd division.

Most of the people who are getting misty-eyed about him would have been calling for his head nowadays.

Aaaah, Jock Wallace, who in his first season with us, took us to 17th in the old 2nd division.

Most of the people who are getting misty-eyed about him would have been calling for his head nowadays.

Taken from Wikipedia -

Leicester

Wallace's subsequent career spanned an eclectic mix of clubs. His first post was as manager of Leicester City in England. Wallace steered the club to Football League Second Division title glory in 1980, and took them to the FA Cup semi-finals. In January 1981, Wallace made an audacious attempt to sign three-time European Footballer of the Year, Johan Cruyff.[2] Despite negotiations lasting three weeks, in which the player himself expressed his desire to play for City, a deal was never agreed.[2]

Can you imagine a Johan Cruyff thread if there could have been one at the time? I wonder if it would have out done the infamous Maynard one!

Taken from Wikipedia -

Can you imagine a Johan Cruyff thread if there could have been one at the time? I wonder if it would have out done the infamous Maynard one!

I'm old enough to remember the Cruyff speculation and it was incredibly exciting at the time. JW was one of our better managers, which was kind of the point I was making, that he didn't have a very good start, but in those days managers were given more time to get things working their way.

Archived