Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
carlhltid

any foxes in cornwall or devon ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Being in Okehampton, you're about 30 miles closer to Filbert Way than me. I've lived in Plymouth for seven years now since relocating to here from the Midlands so a bit of an outpost and like others based in Cornwall, I rarely get to many games nowadays for obvious reasons.....time, travelling expense and other general expense! I went four times last season in total (all at home - a record low for me since I started regularly attending in the early 90s!) and two of those were over the Christmas period when I was staying with my family up there! I felt I was a bit of a jinx to the team too, only seeing them win once v a hapless Cov. side in March! It helps that we tend to be on Sky more regularly than some teams too, although that doesn't really make any difference to me, it's just a bonus. Torquay is obviously tempting in the League Cup but a bit of a non event of a game really, it'll probably be more like a friendly and I doubt that we'll put out a full strength side. It was a shame when P.Argyle got relegated from the Championship in many ways but even more so for me with it representing a good chance for those of us City exhiles in the south west of going to see City play them on our doorstep - even though we never won there in all the time I've been down here for, usually drawing but mostly losing!

Furthermore I would not really be a part of your travelling arrangements to games for the simple fact that I generally kill two birds with one stone whenever I go and see Cty nowadays by going and staying with my family in Northants before/after the few games I get to up there, never do I go all the way up to Leicester and back in a day just for a game!

I'm sure you'll find somebody to travel up with from the Devon/Cornwall area, there are a few of us littered about down here as you've already seen from the posts on here. My car is usually full whenever I do venture up there too!

Hi. Being in Okehampton, you're about 30 miles closer to Filbert Way than me. I've lived in Plymouth for seven years now since relocating to here from the Midlands so a bit of an outpost and like others based in Cornwall, I rarely get to many games nowadays for obvious reasons.....time, travelling expense and other general expense! I went four times last season in total (all at home - a record low for me since I started regularly attending in the early 90s!) and two of those were over the Christmas period when I was staying with my family up there! I felt I was a bit of a jinx to the team too, only seeing them win once v a hapless Cov. side in March! It helps that we tend to be on Sky more regularly than some teams too, although that doesn't really make any difference to me, it's just a bonus. Torquay is obviously tempting in the League Cup but a bit of a non event of a game really, it'll probably be more like a friendly and I doubt that we'll put out a full strength side. It was a shame when P.Argyle got relegated from the Championship in many ways but even more so for me with it representing a good chance for those of us City exhiles in the south west of going to see City play them on our doorstep - even though we never won there in all the time I've been down here for, usually drawing but mostly losing!

Furthermore I would not really be a part of your travelling arrangements to games for the simple fact that I generally kill two birds with one stone whenever I go and see Cty nowadays by going and staying with my family in Northants before/after the few games I get to up there, never do I go all the way up to Leicester and back in a day just for a game!

I'm sure you'll find somebody to travel up with from the Devon/Cornwall area, there are a few of us littered about down here as you've already seen from the posts on here. My car is usually full whenever I do venture up there too!

ive sent you a message m8 for travel ect

As an aside, I'm looking for somewhere to live in Torbay, even looked at a flat in Teignmouth, but where the hell are you supposed to park? I swear there is no free road parking anywhere. Anyone have any solutions?

no idea mate

I've never seen or chanced upon one City shirt in Plymouth in my seven years of being down here other than my own! - only when they played one another in the Championship when the Blue Army masses travelled down, the last time being 2009-10 of course. The likes of Exeter, Newquay and Torquay are more cosmopolitan places by nature and I suppose you get a wider cross section of people there than in Plymouth....and with it you see more footie shirts! Curiously there are loads of students in Plymouth (30,000)! - but I have still never knowingly seen a City shirt! It's good that support for Argyle is rife in Plymouth from the yokels - although there's still no shortage of Liverpool, Chelsea or Mancs Utd shirts!

I've never seen or chanced upon one City shirt in Plymouth in my seven years of being down here other than my own! - only when they played one another in the Championship when the Blue Army masses travelled down, the last time being 2009-10 of course. The likes of Exeter, Newquay and Torquay are more cosmopolitan and I suppose you get a wider cross section of people there than in Plymouth....and with it you see more footie shirts! It's good that support for Argyle is rife in Plymouth but there's still no shortage of Liverpool, Chelsea or Mancs Utd shirts!

Yeah I never saw too many in plym, used to see a couple in boomerangs when on sky but that's about it. Saw a fair few tigers shirts though.

Yeah, they (Tigers) were probably holidaymakers who either stopped off in Plymouth en route down to Cornwall or who were staying in a hotal down here for exploring Devon/Cornwall. Either that or they were working down here - that's usually the case when I chance up on any Midlanders down here! I've only been in Boomerangs once! They were probably students if in there watching it on Sky as it's only up the road from the Uni.

As an aside, I'm looking for somewhere to live in Torbay, even looked at a flat in Teignmouth, but where the hell are you supposed to park? I swear there is no free road parking anywhere. Anyone have any solutions?

I think these places were built in Devon with the premise that you don't own a car! I have similar problems with parking up where I live in Plymouth's Barbican area although I've got used to working my way round it now.

I think these places were built in Devon with the premise that you don't own a car! I have similar problems with parking up where I live in Plymouth's Barbican area although I've got used to working my way round it now.

Plymouth's the worst place ever for driving around been there this afternoon place does my head in

I've never seen or chanced upon one City shirt in Plymouth in my seven years of being down here other than my own! - only when they played one another in the Championship when the Blue Army masses travelled down, the last time being 2009-10 of course. The likes of Exeter, Newquay and Torquay are more cosmopolitan places by nature and I suppose you get a wider cross section of people there than in Plymouth....and with it you see more footie shirts! Curiously there are loads of students in Plymouth (30,000)! - but I have still never knowingly seen a City shirt! It's good that support for Argyle is rife in Plymouth from the yokels - although there's still no shortage of Liverpool, Chelsea or Mancs Utd shirts!

You have never seen me then, I used to wear my city shirt around in plym all the time but must admit I do feel like a lone ranger. I was pinned against the wall by an argyl fan after the holloway saga lol havent really bothered to where my shirt in town since.

In Exeter where I am also from you very rarely see anything other than manc u. Although this summer there have been an influx on manc city, what a surprise.

Parking anywhere in the south west is a proble especially if you have more than one car so good luck with that. lol

Is anybody thinking of going up for any of the friendly matches?

Hopefully got a flat sorted the chap from the letting agency was a city fan! Then I saw 2 further city shirts in Torquay and I got told the landlord of the globe in Paignton is a city fan, is this true?

used the globe many times in the past , i know it keeps changing hands so not sure who runs it now , used to be a scouser pub , last time i drank in there was when we sold heskey to liverpool ,some time ago eh , if what u say is true then i need to pay the globe another vist ,

used the globe many times in the past , i know it keeps changing hands so not sure who runs it now , used to be a scouser pub , last time i drank in there was when we sold heskey to liverpool ,some time ago eh , if what u say is true then i need to pay the globe another vist ,

Same here, was second hand info though.

You have never seen me then, I used to wear my city shirt around in plym all the time but must admit I do feel like a lone ranger. I was pinned against the wall by an argyl fan after the holloway saga lol havent really bothered to where my shirt in town since.

In Exeter where I am also from you very rarely see anything other than manc u. Although this summer there have been an influx on manc city, what a surprise.

Parking anywhere in the south west is a proble especially if you have more than one car so good luck with that. lol

Is anybody thinking of going up for any of the friendly matches?

Ha ha, I thought Argyle fans were very sad to be blaming Holloway's defection to us in late 2007 for their subsequent and dramatic demise in time and arguably to this day.

True, we were the initial losers in all of this matter, with our having to suffer the ignominy of relegation to the third tier for the first time ever after all those Holloway-esque shenanigans (although that was because of the managerial merry-go-round that had preceeded Holloway's arrival more than all else). While we somehow went down with a -3 goal diff. (!), Arglyle remained put in the Championship for another season or two with their recruitment of the "tried and tested" (but who had lost his previous mojo in the mean time!) Paul Sturrock but that wasn't to remain the case of course.

Although it might have seemed like that to some Argyle fans at the time, it was Holloway who was being pro-active and could see in time where Plymouth Argyle were going - and with it, he could see the club's limitations for what they were before most others could alongside him down here. Basically their "false fronts" board of directors from 2009-2010 were to blame for all of that with their ulterior motives, all of who had dreams for Plymouth to be one of the hosting cities for the World Cup 2018 and then make their money that way - which of course all fell flat on it's face when we somehow lost the bid! They had no interest in the club beyond that aspect of it sadly.

Even I was called "Leicester scum" in a rather ambiguous/half joking manner by some of my "friends" down here around the period of time "Ollie" first joined the Foxes ranks as manager. He was revolutionary for Argyle and an inspiring manager for them but although he did well here, he was still easily replaceable. During his 15 months tenure at Argyle he was not as married to Plymouth at the time as the local press here were making him out to be though. After all, what manager is? David Moyes, Wenger and Fergie are the only rare exceptions. Most managers who "better themselves" have after all got kids to feed, a mortgage to pay and a good lifestyle and standard of living to maintain!

Saw a Volvo in St Austell yesterday with a City window sticker who are you?

I have a silver Volvo with a couple of Leicester stickers in the back window (complete with Danish and Engish flag stickers!) but I was not in St Austell on this day you mention. I was last there in my Volvo in May though. They were possibly holiday makers but could have relocated there!

I have a silver Volvo with a couple of Leicester stickers in the back window (complete with Danish and Engish flag stickers!) but I was not in St Austell on this day you mention. I was last there in my Volvo in May though. They were possibly holiday makers but could have relocated there!

Ah right always seeing Leicester window stickers in cars round here I wouldn't dare myself and definitely not Plymouth lol

• 2 weeks later...

On the day of the Torquay game, i've got to go to a meeting there so if anybody wants to spend the afternoon in Torquay before the game, i'll have 2 spare seats in the car.

I'll be leaving Bodmin at 10 and going via Plymouth so anyone on that route I can pick up.

Ah right always seeing Leicester window stickers in cars round here I wouldn't dare myself and definitely not Plymouth lol

Ha ha, it all depends what area you reside in of a particular place of course re displaying your likes in life of your car window. While i'm not wanting to put the hoodoo on anything here think my car windows are pretty safe in the area where I live in Plym!

Archived