Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
carlhltid

any foxes in cornwall or devon ?

I'm not Plymouth born and bred with a pasty in my mouth and chanting "Greeen Army" (cue me stereotyping Argyle fans!) but have been living down here for seven years now so it very much feels like home to me now! Of course it is still Blue Army all the way for me though! I live along the Barbican and if there's a live game on in one of the city's pubs (Boomerangs along Mutley Plain, Hogshead along Royal Parade, the Walrus along Notte Street, or wherever else), then I would happily meet up. My name's Guy Petersen - you can email me on [email protected] if you like bud! It's entirely up to you though. As regards car sharing up to Leicester for games - like I said in an earlier post on this thread, I do tend to make my treks up there alone as I make a whole week of it and visit my folks and friends up that way too. Unless it's a Wembley play off final or something extra special along those lines, I wouldn't just go to a game and then all the way back here on the same day. Also I'm probably not going to the Torquay game down here as I'll be at the first home game v Peterborough on opening day. All expense of course! Speak soon hopefully! :)

im in plymouth and up for any meet ups, car share to games etc etc

My above post was meant to quote yours before it but didn't for some reason, I don't know what happened there!

Last minute offer!!!

Picking up in Plymouth for Torquay at 2pm.

Lift AND a standing ticket for £15.

DM me asap if interested.

Put this on the Argyle forum if no one takes you up on it sure you'll get loads of offers there, think of all those Plymouth fans who would like an opportunity to watch a Championship football team again?

Mate if you can, get a train one way to Torquay and i'll drop you back after.

Ive just checked and i can get the train at 5.23 from Plymouth, be in Torquay for 6.20pm. If thats all good for you then we could arrange to meet somewhere and swap numbers etc? :)

Bettsj2. Would you consider selling the ticket even still? I could train it to Torquay and be there about 6ish? I take it its a Leicester end ticket? :)

EDIT:

That would be smashin if thats not a problem

Deal.

Its a standing ticket if thats cool?

You need a lift back?

£10?

Ive just checked and i can get the train at 5.23 from Plymouth, be in Torquay for 6.20pm. If thats all good for you then we could arrange to meet somewhere and swap numbers etc? :)

Sound.

DM me your number and i'll let you know where to meet.

Hopefully got a flat sorted the chap from the letting agency was a city fan! Then I saw 2 further city shirts in Torquay and I got told the landlord of the globe in Paignton is a city fan, is this true?

guess your right mate , was at torquay game tuesday night and a banner with globe /paignton was hanging from the barriers.

where u go for your pint before the game ? , i stopped off in wetherspoons, leicester fans were on the balcony overlooking the harbour .

I didn't end up getting out of work till nearly 6 so I didn't get a chance just spoke to a few lads outside the ground. Was well up for meeting a few people off of here as well.

What's the nest game you'll be heading to?

I didn't end up getting out of work till nearly 6 so I didn't get a chance just spoke to a few lads outside the ground. Was well up for meeting a few people off of here as well.

What's the nest game you'll be heading to?

dunno m8 , i work saturdays grrrrrrrr , so weekend games great for me , if within driving distance.

dunno m8 , i work saturdays grrrrrrrr , so weekend games great for me , if within driving distance.

Yeah I'll be working a fair few weekends, I'll book of Bristol and Cardiff and then any home games I can.

If we get on Sky we'll have to see if he'll be showing them in the Globe.

I'll either drive or get the train. I'd prefer to have a few beers though so ideally train, or someone else driving haha, but I don't mind driving if a few people want a lift.

you live in paignton now then ? , if so then we can work something out for bristol and maybe a few others m8 , i can always get the missus to drive , ha ha

you live in paignton now then ? , if so then we can work something out for bristol and maybe a few others m8 , i can always get the missus to drive , ha ha

3 of us went Torquay last night and would probably be up for mini bus hire for Bristol.

im also in plymouth originally from corby in northamptonshire i go up as often as i can but same as you make a weekend of it visiting family. going torquay on the 3.25 train from plymouth cant wait.

Nice one mate, keep in touch then. I was living in Northampton before I moved to Plymouth in 2005 so I know Corby reasonably well, although am much more familiar with Kettering and Wellingborough if I'm honest! Despite reading all the threads on here from posters now living in these parts, I couldn't do Torquay last night as had other social commitments but the thought was there I guess, hope you enjoyed it. Helen Chamberlain won't be best pleased! I'm not the world's most reliable person with social arrangements such as this (especially of a far away nature but that are on your doorstep!) and like you, I tend to make "a week plus" of it wjhen I'm up there watching City - as I will be doing from tomorrow anon unti the bank holiday w/kend! The Posh game is the obvious one for me although I won't be staying on as long as the Burton league cup game. Take care and perhaps we can all get to some game being shown live on Sky in one of the Plymouth pubs, sometime this season before long - even though Plymouth watering holes and Foxes fans don't really go together it seems! My City shirt(s) is still the only one I've seen down here in seven years (excluding matchdays when we palyed them in the Championship not so long ago)! I must simply just miss all the Foxes students at uni. here when they're out and about! There must surely be one or two there you'd think! It's all down to timing I suppose!

Archived