Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Value for money in football

In most walks of life these days, Joe Public demands value for money.

Sky Tv

Cars

Holidays

Etc etc.... Whatever it is, none of us want to think that we have paid too much money for what we have received.

Does this apply to football?

As a season ticket holder of many years down at City, last season for me was possibly the worst 'value for money' I think I've seen in a long time.

Allegedly expensive signings, some of whom came in on allegedly expensive wages.

The euphoria and expectation of being the bookies favourites.

Getting rid of Sven, with allegedly a decent severance pay-off

Now we appear to have sold Mills for a considerable loss.

Is anybody bothered about this in a similar way that we may be bothered if we had bought an expensive car in which the engine blew up after a week?

Or does value for money not apply in football and fans will continue to shell out big bucks for their season tickets, shirts, pies and pints?

Two of my mates, similar age (40 something's) will not be renewing their season tickets this year for the first time in over 20 years. Reason being they state that, after last season, supporting City at the King Power no longer, to them, represents value for money. They will remain City fans for the rest of their lives, but they will listen to the games in the radio and only attend the 'bigger fixtures'.

This is not a slam at Sven, or at Pearson, it's a genuine question.

Personally, I am continuing to go to watch City next season cos I don't think I couldn't.

Opinions please......

Yes last season didn't live up to the money people paid for season tickets, but you are going to get that. In our League 1 season did anybody moan about season ticket prices and not getting value for money...no because we simply won the league.

Yes last season was poor, and some matches were shocking and not worth money like the one's we lost and Burnley last home game but one, and after Burnley I chucked my season ticket away because it was only West Ham left, we would probably lose and it was on Sky anyway.

We finished 9th, just think of the Forest supporters how much they paid for their season tickets, and they did much worse than us when loads of people had them going up.

Im happy and will still support my club, regardless value for money and quality of matches, because everyone knows you are going to get poor one's out of 23 matches a season.

Difficult to judge I think

I don't think, regardless of the quality of football served up, we do that badly compared to other clubs. The stadium is great, views good, and as much as some of the extra's the Thai's do before / during matches is a little sad, it's things that add value to the overall experience. I get priority on away tickets, discount in the club shop and I get to watch 23 football matches in the same seat, all for £500. Compare that to Arsenal where my mates season ticket is £1,300 a year, I would say I get better value for money than he does, regardless of how good the football is.

That said, I get why your mates have stopped buying their season tickets. If last season was a holiday then you probably wouldn't go back. Where the owners are lucky, is that you probably won't go anywhere else either...

I've just asked a mate at work who is an Oxford fan, and he reckons he see's most of the value in his season ticket because of the sense of belonging he gets vs a member or non-paying fan.

Great thread though

Football sold it's soul to the devil when it sold out to sky.

Last season we sold our soul you either accept it or get out.

Col like me you go back a few years football is not a game or a sport now.

Fun and value for money has no place just proffit.

So we all best get used to it. :( :( :(

In our League 1 season did anybody moan about season ticket prices and not getting value for money...no because we simply won the league.

Yes people on here did complain about the price of the season tickets - and about the ST holder monthly benefits we never got. Sorry to pop your bubble.

So I say to you - come watch Wellingborough Town/AFCR&D at the Dog and Duck for only a fiver. :cool:

5min walk from Welly town to mine.

But my closest club nxt season looks like being Norwich :( But can't wait to live on the coast :D

5min walk from Welly town to mine.

But my closest club nxt season looks like being Norwich :( But can't wait to live on the coast :D

Leaving Wellingborough should be a cause for celebration wherever your destination ;):D

Leaving Wellingborough should be a cause for celebration wherever your destination ;):D

lol some nice people and the Horseshoes is a great pub but sadly your correct about the rest of Wellingborough.

And it's going to feel even worse now till the day we leave.

New life new challenges but closer to the best m8 ever :D :D Me n Bel can't wait

lol some nice people and the Horseshoes is a great pub but sadly your correct about the rest of Wellingborough.

And it's going to feel even worse now till the day we leave.

New life new challenges but closer to the best m8 ever :D :D Me n Bel can't wait

Well that's nice to know Welly that 'you and Bel' will be happy ever after...

Now can you fook off and start your own thread.. Maybe call it 'Welly goes to the seaside' or summat...

lol

Read this topic with interest, it made me think how many miles and how much money it cost for me too travel too the games i went too last year, judge for yourselves if you think i got value for money you can work out fuel and tickets roughly for yourselves. 1/ v real madrid lost /630 mile round trip, 2/ coventry a won/600 mile round trip 3/4 reading h lost bristol c h lost/ 630 mile round trip/ 5 cardiff a league cup lost/ 500 mile rnd trip 6/leeds h lost /630 mile round trip 7/ palace h won 630 mile round trip 8/bristol c a lost 240 mile rnd trip,9/ reading a lost 500 mile rnd trip forgot this; 10/ forest a facup drew 640 mile round trip,11/ millwall a lost 500 mile rnd trip this was the worst i had two blokes sat next too me moaning for the full 90 mins, i had saved my membership ticket for west ham game which then got moved too monday i couldnt attend nor change it for donny game as i had family commitments so that was money wasted. would have gone too more games but when they are on internet definitley think twice. by the way travelling from st ives in cornwall. most games attended while living down here 25 in 2002 - 2003,

I don't think you can complain, you pay to watch a football match not watch leicester win. Only one team can win the league, does this mean all other supporters have been short-changed?

Unless you support an Alex Mcleish team......

Read this topic with interest, it made me think how many miles and how much money it cost for me too travel too the games i went too last year, judge for yourselves if you think i got value for money you can work out fuel and tickets roughly for yourselves. 1/ v real madrid lost /630 mile round trip, 2/ coventry a won/600 mile round trip 3/4 reading h lost bristol c h lost/ 630 mile round trip/ 5 cardiff a league cup lost/ 500 mile rnd trip 6/leeds h lost /630 mile round trip 7/ palace h won 630 mile round trip 8/bristol c a lost 240 mile rnd trip,9/ reading a lost 500 mile rnd trip forgot this; 10/ forest a facup drew 640 mile round trip,11/ millwall a lost 500 mile rnd trip this was the worst i had two blokes sat next too me moaning for the full 90 mins, i had saved my membership ticket for west ham game which then got moved too monday i couldnt attend nor change it for donny game as i had family commitments so that was money wasted. would have gone too more games but when they are on internet definitley think twice. by the way travelling from st ives in cornwall. most games attended while living down here 25 in 2002 - 2003,

wow fair play mate

Well that's nice to know Welly that 'you and Bel' will be happy ever after...

Now can you fook off and start your own thread.. Maybe call it 'Welly goes to the seaside' or summat...

lol

You 2hat

Lmfaooooo lol lol lol lol

And to all them that thought you was a mardi fvcker lol

On a match by match basis, some exceed expectations so = value for money - but when we are poor = below expectations, over a season you hope it evens out..

The football programme is value for money.

replique shirts etc are poor value for the money paid for them even if they were half the price charged.

drinks pies etc appear to be over priced.

BUT you get a good view from wherever you sit and the comradeness (is that a word) of the fans can make up for dross on the pitch.

As each season approaches we have high expectations of sucess and that remains for as long as possible.

Archived