Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Not usual buzz/excitement for season

Babs has always seemed optimistic about managers - even when Rob Kelly was here! lol

I've been hoping he was right for years!

I think you confuse optimism with realism. Have I once said I think we'll go up? Or that I think we'll be good? No, I don't have a clue.

I also never said it under any other manager, because I don't have a clue.

Where you get your Kelly crap from I don't know. I remember saying there was no point in getting rid as we didn't have a pot to piss in. MM came in and I said we could probably now afford better and we should look for better.

But the way people are going on you'd think we'd sold / released our best players. We haven't.

This pre season has made me feel similar to the one in league 1. I will definately go into the opening game not knowing what to expect. All I know is right now we have the most talented squad we have had in the last 10 years and if it gels together we will do very well indeed. If not I fear for the worst financially. All the people not expecting mch will help us. Far too much pressure and expectation last year

This pre season has made me feel similar to the one in league 1. I will definately go into the opening game not knowing what to expect. All I know is right now we have the most talented squad we have had in the last 10 years and if it gels together we will do very well indeed. If not I fear for the worst financially. All the people not expecting mch will help us. Far too much pressure and expectation last year

I'd agree with that bit - although I think i was more excited going into league one as I was expecting a few goals!!!

Archived