Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Not usual buzz/excitement for season

Okay I Obvs still love Leicester and what not, but just not feeling the usual excitement and buzz ahead of the new season this summer. Anyone else feel like this! maybe it's just because we're expecting failure again, I'm not sure. Maybe it's

Because we know what to expect under Pearson. who knows. but I may be the only one!

I've been very excited about it all recently! Today was a small reality check, but it's only pre-season. This summer break has been way too long and no matter what sporting events / competitions we have, it just doesn't make up for having no football season and being in the stand getting behind your team!

My first game will be Charlton away and I absolutely cannot wait.

Okay I Obvs still love Leicester and what not, but just not feeling the usual excitement and buzz ahead of the new season this summer. Anyone else feel like this! maybe it's just because we're expecting failure again, I'm not sure. Maybe it's

Because we know what to expect under Pearson. who knows. but I may be the only one!

sounds like the players have gone down with a dose of what you have got.

More excited for this season than most, because while the last few seasons have been a bit unpredictable, I have total faith that Nigel will have us in and around the play-offs.

Some other fans i've spoken to said they would be happy to be chasing the top 6, whilst last season promotion felt a certainty. I think its the feeling of not expecting to win the league. However i think if we do challenge for those top places there will be a great togetherness and even better buzz because we weren't expecting to do so well :) an almost quiet excitement if you like

I lost interest at the start of last season, I was hoping it'd come back, but it doesn't seem to be, don't get me wrong i'm still reading and posting on this forum, i'm still keeping up to date with news, e.t.c, so it's not like i've turned me back, gave up and am not bothering anymore, there must be abit of interest, but the excitement and buzz seems long gone.

I said it many times last year - It was a chor going to games last season, especially the home games, the amount of away games I went to dropped dramatically aswell.

I did go and renew my season ticket this year but that was only through being talking round and being pleaded to 'give it one more season'.

I don't know, it's not a nice feeling, I want to be excited and have the buzz and intrest I used to have but I just can't and don't feel any of that, hopefully things will change.

This lack of excitement is a good thing, it'll keep expectations to a realistic level and will hopefully stop a lot of the early season booing. We don't have a team of expensively assembled names this time so there's no shock factor of realising we're not going to walk the league. There will be a lot of teams parking the bus here this season as it was so effective against us last time. It's going to be a long gruelling season and hopefully the realisation of this will give us all a bit more patience when trying to break teams down. Be hopeful and positive rather than unrealistic and then totally negative

Like alot of other i'm finding it difficult to get enthusiastic about this season, and as ive said on other threads, i have pretty low expectation levels for this yr.

I think top 6 at best to be honest, as there really are alot of good teams in the championship this season, but more likely it will be mid table again, tho i would love to be proved wrong, and am hoping the low key approach will work in our favour by the end of the season, only time will tell, and i do expect a few soar throats along the way, i'm just hoping i don't have to watch too much hoof ball :whistle:

Don't seem to be getting the buzz of excitement this season and struggling to get motivated for it. Lack of positive signings, failure to reinforce positions that we all know are vital, talk of more departures etc etc finding it much harder than normal this time around.

Don't seem to be getting the buzz of excitement this season and struggling to get motivated for it. Lack of positive signings, failure to reinforce positions that we all know are vital, talk of more departures etc etc finding it much harder than normal this time around.

You mean you aren't excited because we haven't thrown around as much money as last year...?

Looking forward to getting on the optimistic bus again this season. There are plenty of seats not taken at the moment but being an optimist I want the seat nearest to the driver. The pessimist bus is however standing room only at the moment so come on get on the right bus and have a sing song. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup::trumpet: :trumpet: :trumpet::scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

You mean you aren't excited because we haven't thrown around as much money as last year...?

I don't think Jay has even mentioned money?

We have, so far, not reinforced in those positions that some of us think we should, and there is talk of departures?

Money wasn't even mentioned..and there have been many decent players available this pre-season on a free?

I've learn't never to get too excited especially after the last 12 years of a combination of boring football, underachievement and what amounts to purgatory in many games with just the occasional glimpse of light.

Too many false dawns,

There's absolutely no way anyone can foresee with any degree of certainty how this new set up will do, as has become the norm with us with so many changes we've got virtually nothing concrete or proven to build on so I'll wait and see how the season unfolds before I'll even consider getting excited.

The reality of being a Leicester fan. Expect disappointment and you won't go far wrong : )

We've had very few signings to get the excitement flowing. Pearson football is predictable.

Going to be long, grinding season. If we do well it'll surprise most of us.

Just cant get excited with Mr Pearson in charge. My gut feeling is we will finish in the bottom half of the table. I hope he proves me wrong.

Even though post Christmas we actually showed play off form, have got rid of a lot of people who weren't in the squad let alone playing, and have added some players that will be?

I'm glad the Olympics is here to distract me from this place.

Archived