Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Not usual buzz/excitement for season

You can't help but notice the amount of people on here bored / unexcited by the prospect of the season ahead .... each one of them is worth at least £500 a season to the club. There'll be 1000s more sat in silence at home thinking "can i be arsed with football this season?".

I'll be there just like my previous 38 seasons too .... and will probably invest in a season ticket for the 22nd season running .... and I buy between 4 and 6 each season.

The club must be feeling terrible about all these people boycotting because they don't like Pearson.

if we are challenging for an automatic promotion spot or play off spot come the end of the season the attendance will rise and the atmosphere will be better. This will not be reliant on us playing attractive football, if we 'bore' ourselves into contention it will still happen becuase success will be on the cards.

Clearly I want us to go out and win by several goals to nil every game but boring football that achieves the same end result will be just as welcome due to the exhiloration of success.

And God forbid that we discuss anything apart from "I love my club and manager and anyone that isn't excited by that should crawl under a rock".

I'll be there just like my previous 38 seasons too .... and will probably invest in a season ticket for the 22nd season running .... and I buy between 4 and 6 each season. But hey .... your's is the only valid viewpoint. Go Nigel's boys x

Far from it , I just get fed up with the constant flow of negativity and we're still in the close season. I love the game of football and my club especially look forward to it starting every season. If my enthusiasm and support is an issue then oh dear carry on moaning and I will carry on supporting whoever the manager is and whoever is playing,good , bad or indifferent x

How can anyone get excited, with Pearson running the show. Boring, uninspiring football, here we come!

Svens sexy football really worked for us didn't it?

Fukin hell some fans (not just you) are beyond belief. He's a good manager I really can't see what you're asking for. Him to be sacked? Another season of the new manager getting rid of NPs players whilst getting his own in, just to find that he can't get us promoted either?

It's been a bit of an understated close- and pre-season so far. Generally I'm a bit underwhelmed by the signings, a bit disappointed by some of the people who could possibly be leaving (Peltier & Beckford), and a bit frustarted that some others aren't be moving on (Gallagher!!!). But there are other factors, Olympics dominating the back pages, even the toss weather can dampen the spirit. The excitement will start to build though I'm sure of it. We all get caught up in it eventually.

Leicester+City+v+Scunthorpe+United+Bl-V7FTAOWHl.jpg

Cardiff+City+v+Leicester+City+Championship+1b5oiidw-AXl.jpg

Boring, Boring, Nigel.

Look mate you need to get off this unhealthy obsession with NP he is alright did a good job for us and is with us again, but he isn't immune to criticism the issues need to be addressed from last season some are i.e egos but the midfield still hasn't imo.

Look mate you need to get off this unhealthy obsession with NP he is alright did a good job for us and is with us again, but he isn't immune to criticism the issues need to be addressed from last season some are i.e egos but the midfield still hasn't imo.

I was just pointing out that there is every reason for people to get excited with him as our manager. I never said he was immune from criticism, I was livid when we let Gradel go, Nigel brought in some pretty poor players during his first run, I'm not denying that. But I don't hold two or three mistakes against him, and conveniently ignore his pretty damn good track record.

I am looking forward to the season as I just do not know what will happen. The majority of disruptive influence and past it players have left and we have signed players I have in the main never heard of/know little about...

I am interested to see if we can hit the ground running, to see if these players are good enough for this division. Also interested to see how Pearson handles the pressure because if he thought it was hard last season the expectation from our owners will be two fold now he has brought his own players in.

so a LEAGUE 1 win and a penalty LOSS gets you excited..

Got me more excited than buying big ego's, wasting money and the inconsistency that Sven caused last season.

I understand the inconsistencys were still there when Pearson came back but I put that down to being stuck in a rut and really it was always going to be a uphill battle last year - That's no excusing Pearson, he should have got us out of the rut and he knew the challenge when he came back to us.

Got me more excited than buying big ego's, wasting money and the inconsistency that Sven caused last season.

I understand the inconsistencys were still there when Pearson came back but I put that down to being stuck in a rut and really it was always going to be a uphill battle last year - That's no excusing Pearson, he should have got us out of the rut and he knew the challenge when he came back to us.

big egos? we referring to the ONE player mills.. ( and then thats only on rumours)..

So you wasnt excited at the time sven was signing players, i cant really remember people making threads and slagging them off at the time with concerns. seem to recall people looking forward and thinking we was going to do well..

So you wasnt excited at the time sven was signing players, i cant really remember people making threads and slagging them off at the time with concerns. seem to recall people looking forward and thinking we was going to do well..

...and then we didn't.

big egos? we referring to the ONE player mills.. ( and then thats only on rumours)..

Beckford, again rumours like you say though.

I have to say I was happy when we signed Mills - He was, from what i'd seen the best defender in the league, I was wrong, very wrong.

Was I excited? No, not really, like I said earlier in this thread, I haven't had the buzz, excitement, anticipation, enjoyment for a good year, probably more. I haven't quite turned my back, I am obviously still taking interest otherwise I wouldn't be posting on these boards, I was talked into giving it one more season with a Season Ticket, i'll see how it goes this season, I trying to get the excitement and buzz but I just don't seem to be getting it, like I said i've struggled for a a good year, probably more - Infact probably since the playoff loss to Cardiff.

It seemed like a chor going to games last season rather than going for enjoyment, the number of away games I attended last year dropped dramatically.

...and then we didn't.

point being??

at the time of the signings people wasnt complaining.. so seems people believed like sven that he was getting the right players.. wasnt given the time to prove it though.

And lets not forget the likes of kasper, konchesky, (even nugent going on yourself on the other thread) would most likely be most peoples first names on the team sheet. who signed these players?? oh sven..

point being??

Well your argument seems to be that because people on here were excited by his signings Sven did a good job, and because they aren't about Nigel's he is going to do a bad job. When in reality no matter how entertaining the pre-season was under Sven we failed to be in the top 2 a decent way into the season, heck we failed to get into the top 6 (something Nigel achieved with next to no money in comparison). People got excited not because of the players we signed really but because of the money we spent on them. Not being excited by signings before you've seen them play is not evidence that the manager is bad, it's evidence that you're stupid for judging players before you've watched them.

Archived